Sign in to follow this  
JustFetus

The new craze that's sweeping the nation!

Steam Community is a little something that's turning Steam from the lame old, "I need steam just to play games," to, "This is like a second x-fire, sweet!"

Basically, if you join this "community", you can:

-meet other people who play Steam games

-create or join groups for people with a particular interest

-even join/organize matches and tournaments

It was recently released by Steam and it's still in beta, hopefully you guys will join. We already have a group for =(UV)= so I'll tell you how to join Steam Community and our group.

1. Open up steam (the main steam window)

2. Hit "File" and then "Settings"

3. You should see a section that says "Beta Participation", hit "Change" and select "Steam Community"

4. Hit "OK" and it should ask you to restart Steam, do that.

5. After it restarts, you should see a new tab in Steam that says "Community", open it up.

6. There should be a big button that says "Setup My Steam ID Now", click it and setup your profile (you can skip this).

7. After you're done, go to https://steamcommunity.com/groups/uv. You have to Login first before you can join, so do that (it says Login in the top right hand corner).

8. After you're logged in, just hit "Join This Group" and you're done!

Thank you for your time.

-JustFetus

Neat!!!

I wil check it out when I get back to town.

I don't like having to use steam to play certain games but this sounds like it actually turns it into a useful tool in and of itself.

Guest Phoenix2

Remember, when you go to http://steamcommunity.com/groups/uv, the Join button doesn't do anything unless you first login on the site. Everybody, this site is safe, not a scam. Look, there's a whole category for it on the steam forums:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=298

BTW guys, this is mandatory for all UV members. The ones that see this thread, please notify all others to read and follow the instructions.

Guest Phoenix2

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HoboInArmy @ Aug 7 2007, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Done and done. biggrin.gif

Edit: Wait do we all have to be in the group chat when were playing?

Nope, we're just doing this cause it's a good idea for this clan, since most members play on the servers more than visit the site, and many don't login to xfire when they game. It's easier for us to all keep in contact.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsidEdge @ Aug 7 2007, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

this thing is pretty sweet but the pop ups in the courner i think are going to annoy me lol

but anyway nice find

You can disable notifications under the Friends tab in Steam Settings.

I love the idea - however it is still really buggy sad.gif It works the first time I start steam, but once I close CS:S and reopen it, It returns back to normal ph34r.gif

I can't wait till they get this working good biggrin.gif