Sign in to follow this  
Yiyas

-|#Additional Rules to Server#|-

Out of a community vote it became clear that the server was lacking some key rules which were cause of the addition to the Warcraft:Source mod, new races and a desire for fair-play. The thread which the vote was in can be found here.

Ideally it would take 7 days for these rules to be picked up by the server and any adjustments from comments to be applied, so any time after that players are free to hound admins for not enforcing them.

Please see the motd site for the additional rules

http://motd.syndicate-servers.net/pages/server-rules/wcs1.php

If anyone has any questions about these rules please post a response and try to get as many people in the server to be aware of these additional rules. If any admin slays or kicks or bans you for suggesting they abide by these rules please leave a response in the complaints section, as well as here, with proof of you telling them the new rules thread as well as proof of them slaying/kicking/banning you.

1.Try one's best to even teams out the teams in a fair and even method without regard to personal benifit or other's feelings or love for teamstacking. Many players hate being on the losing team so note that players may complain, attempt to return to their previous team or even leave the game when you switch them. Be stern and ignore complaints, as long as the teams are fair. After ten rounds the balance of the teams should become clear, this is a good time to balance the teams. Additionally, the 20th round is a good point as well. Even if you are not admin you can help to even out the teams, although it is not a rule, it is considered fair-play to hinder yourself to help the other team: change tactics, use a weaker gun, use a different race and ect. On top of this it is also considered good sportsmanship to change to the losing team instead of prominently staying on the winning side. Admins should know that they are players as well.

Also, if your just joining, if you join the stacked team because its even with the number of people, dont bitch about when you immediately get switched over

So what you are saying is that it is now admins job to balance teams.....?

If a player has the ability to switch people over, according to this rule, it is required by said player to balanced the team. So Yes.

These look like good improvements.

I'd like to add that it is not only is it the admin's responsibility to balance teams, but it is also every person's responsibility. Players can change teams at will unless teams are even. Also, players can handicap themselves. They can downgrade their weapons and races on their own. I know that I do. Those of you who have seen me pistol (usp and glock) know this to be true.

Not possible that is the reason I do not want the admin back. When ever an admin try to even the teams...teams just gets worst.

STICKY PLZPLZPZLZPZLPZLZPZZPLPZPLZPLZPZLZPZL

and admins, plz try ur best, one or two changes isn't gonna disrupt ur entire game. (just switch the top2 on each team or something)

To change 1 person to the other team

*admin key*

*4*

*3*

*9/8 to find name*

*choose number with name*

It puts you back quite a bit. unless you die at the start or something it usually screws with you a little.

Didn't it just used to be an option to change?

Not possible that is the reason I do not want the admin back. When ever an admin try to even the teams...teams just gets worst.

really...so we should just leave it so teams end up 29-1 instead of 15-15? I fail to see the logic in the statement. Teams are not switched when its balanced, its switched when its stacked.

From my experience, if you switch ONE person, just ONE person and the losing side loses that round, they will bitch and complain saying you stacked the other team (when they never said shit when their team was stacked in their favor).

So what if your team doesnt win right away after winning 15 consecutive rounds in a row. Do you really have to bitch that the admin fixing teams is just making it worse? I mean for those people that complain, if you leave things the way they are to a point that an admin NEEDS to take action to balance the teams, dont bitch about the outcome.

Lol i seen 1 per get switch and change the tide including myself and a lot other other players but yea guys just try to balance out when u see it i mean really who likes losing every god dam round that it becomes 30-0? Admins do try their best to make the game fair so give them a break also its hard being an admin u know =/

yeah i agree w/ noire

for example: playing d2, i was on T

it went 10-1 terrorists, i switched teams cuz some1 asked me to (which i do whenever some1 asks me)

it went 14-16 by the end of the map and the terrorists were whining a hurricane.

I don't think anyone should complain about team balancing unless it's blatantly unreasonable. I really don't know anyone that is completely opposed against team balancing, but there are some that make the little comment of being switched. Usually it is harmless 'whining', so balance as what admins see fit.

Yesterday was the first time I had to get off of Infected due to ratio. QQ

lol I went 50 kills 9 deaths with master sniper, fire dragon, churion elder, neve, zeus, and some other long jump race that spawned m4a1.

30 kills were from master sniper, I had fun jumping to CT spawn and deagle or no scope their heads while they were busy trying to stop another T from planting :D

And I was solely the only one that could keep T winning, if I died, my team lost :P

Final score was 23: 7

And the CT team lost everytime cause they couldn't coordinate and just wanted to rush T spawn, so it was easy for me to jump behind them and surprise attack them :P

Map was on de_inferno my fav map.

I do try to even up teams, but half the time they just either switch back to other team, whine like a baby, or just leave.

I think we need a restriction command like there is in Jailbreak server, it would help to keep people switched over where they need to be.

All you have to do to prevent ppl from switching over is switch another person so the winning side has more ppl than the losing side. Then they cant switch because their team has less people.

Also if you are the main support of the team and you guys are dominating the other side, switch yourself with another good player on the other side. Sometimes its the side you are on that helps stacks it so well (I notice its always easier to play t on bomb maps because you can always rush, plant, and camp. Harder when you have to defend and they plant the other site which makes you split your forces in half to protect both bombsites....that is if ppl dont run out on their own)

If they leave and come back the same map, go ahead and ban them for 30 mins for team stacking if they switch back onto the winning side. I dont get it, people from server 1 brag about how good they are, but once they get switched they give up and dont even bother trying to win on the losing side. Server 2 handles team balancing a lot better than server 1, at least while it had players playing.

lol, why did you think i listed sooo many races when i posted about me pwning... I was following kdr rules and was still able to manage. Though I will say that even though I was evening the chances of them winning, they kept bickering a lot among the CTs sooo while they are distracting themselves, you can't really do much about it except mute or switch them...

black mage, I know you probably do since the server is easy to level on, but you have all your races maxed I assume?

Also, try to switch over to the losing side before changing races. Sometimes that makes a bigger difference.

If they leave and come back the same map, go ahead and ban them for 30 mins for team stacking if they switch back onto the winning side. I dont get it, people from server 1 brag about how good they are, but once they get switched they give up and dont even bother trying to win on the losing side. Server 2 handles team balancing a lot better than server 1, at least while it had players playing.

lol you are describing Cass right there...

lol had to get off infected? that's prob the worst knife race on the server

it's soooo ez to counter

Yeah, Infected is quite easy to counter, but countering is a new concept to all the WCS2 players. Some don't consider that X is effective against Y. Plus, plenty of people don't buy Sunglasses making them vulnerable to full flashes while I'm bhoping.

black mage, I know you probably do since the server is easy to level on, but you have all your races maxed I assume?

Are you implying that we have to level every race just because of the KDR? I'm not even going to consider that alternative because some races don't fit my play style. I'll just switch to something that I enjoy regardless of the level.

Yes, you have to level all the races. If you have a non max race you MUST switch to it. If you want you can bitch and complain about it, but server 2 people have no problem with this rule, why should you? Unless of course it's really the races that are good and not the players on server 1.

So you have two options. Keep whoring races and prove that players on server 2 are better than players on server 1, or just max the races you havent yet. Seeing how it's SUPER easy to level on server 1, it shouldnt even take that long.

Yes, you have to level all the races. If you have a non max race you MUST switch to it. If you want you can bitch and complain about it, but server 2 people have no problem with this rule, why should you? Unless of course it's really the races that are good and not the players on server 1.

So you have two options. Keep whoring races and prove that players on server 2 are better than players on server 1, or just max the races you havent yet. Seeing how it's SUPER easy to level on server 1, it shouldnt even take that long.

I loled.... And to quote from Empires sig.

WCS1 - You play the race. The race will only be as good as you.

WCS2 - The race plays you. You will only be as good as the race.

Team stacking is much worse in #2 as it is usually the high level people on 1 team vs. low lvled/newbies on the other team. And what I mean by lvl is total race levels and newbies are classified as having 0 levels. More often than not, the winning team has more higher lvled ppl, very little low lvled ppl and vice versa on the losing team.

So don't go bashing #1 for having horrible team stacking as it is usually of skill level than it is of race levels. Shoot, I've had a high death ratio cause some lvl 80 guy was just doing well that day using human alliance/orcish horde. It's all about evening skill level in #1 rather than keeping an eye on racewhorers though I will point out that a rather annoying player that refuses to change from holy juggernaut is Christian (with some fancy details in that name.) My grief against him is that he refuses to change race to lvl up other races and he only has 600 levels total and is using a lvl 116 holy juggernaut.

Now I will go ahead and say this, I'm going to play #2 again to find what it is that Noire is soooo in love with and show that it's all just false to him. I will go and screenshot when a decent amount is there and screenshot the players on the teams along with their playerinfos.

Then compare it to how it is on #1

Making people switch off their favourite races is like trying to make someone who loves designing watches to go make a car. I don't peronally have a problem with "race whores" as it just seems any race with freeze/roots is "whoreable" but if someone is playing a race well into the 80s-100s then I'll tell them to get off it and play another race. Darko hadn't played Judge till recently and he seemed to quite like it; he has a lvl140+ human gen.

Balancing teams have a far better effect, for example if any you played in #1 then you notice that Ghoul can lead a team real well and win against uneven odds and "racewhores". You'll also notice some people will come in, play human general and then leave when they have to change their race or get team changed. Which completely evades all the rules. Again that is to do with team balance not race balance. In general races will have counters.

I mean pebbz "racewhored" infected. That's the first time i'd ever seen anyone told to get off it. I couldn't believe he was told to get off it. Someone on the opposite team could have gone human and turned him into soup each round. Or Outlaw or Judge or HG or Night Elf or Cheiron or a lot of other races.

Anyone can just play till he gets 24:4 then quit and then wait for next map and repeat.

Sign in to follow this