Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

driz

driz's Application [Withdrawn]

Name: Will Longo

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:2005870

xFire: drizuid

Microphone: Yes

Favorite Server: WC:S #2

Questions or Comments:

US Army Captain, 7 years in the service. FA24 (telecommunications engineer) I have a BS in CS and an MS in IT. A+, Network+, Security+, CISSP, CCNA, CCVP, CCNP, Linux+, and MCSE+i (2000 upgrade)

About Me:

I play CSS in linux, vent doesn't work properly. I've been playing CS since i was around 16 or so.. (before it was coolbeans kickass)

Thank you for applying to Undead Vengeance.

First off, make sure you're well versed in the following:

Global Forum Guidelines

Protocol for Reporting a Hacker/Microphone Spammer

After doing so you will now be ready to move on.

The first phase of recruitment requires that you be screened so that your application can be accepted into the one month observation period.

In order to do so, you will need to add one of the following and ask them (if available and willing) to screen you.

Please add your "in-game name" and "Preferred Server" in the add friend comment, as to avoid confusion. This is not necessary, but highly, highly appreciated.

Recruitment Officers:

Howard Dean (Xfire: kevin000111)

Madbagel (Xfire: theblacksaint)

After doing so, your answers will be posted here and one of the Recruitment Officers will verify your application. After being verified, you will be initiated in phase two of the recruitment process: the observation period.

Failure to complete the screening will result in a denied application.

Check back often, as updates, comments and suggestions will be made throughout the recruitment process.

Thank you.

I play CSS in linux, vent doesn't work properly.

It's a pain in the ass. D:

That guy should just release the Linux client.

You can ask me.

i added you on my xfire, but my linux client for xfire is kinda slow maybe? i dont see you online, im in wc2 right now??

It's a pain in the ass. D:

That guy should just release the Linux client.

teamspeak kinda works, just not vent :(

Question 1: If there was a microphone spammer on the server, how would you deal with it? I would tell them to stop, if they didn't i would kick them, if they continue, i would temp ban them. (im an admin)

Question 2: In the case of a hacker on the server you are in, what procedure would you follow? Instant ban and forum post except in the case of walling, in which case, i would spec/demo him for an extended period of time and post to the forum.

Question 3: In the situation that you are being bombarded with people asking if they can join the clan, what would you tell them to do? www.joinuv.com and post an app during the first week of the month.

Question 4: Would you consider yourself a mature person? If so, why? Yes, well, i've got a BS and an MS in compsci... been in the Army for 7 years, and deployed to war twice....

Question 5: Why is it that you want to join the =(UV)= community? I like the servers, i like the people, and the UV guys are fun.

Question6: Do you fully agree with the terms and conditions specified in the recruitment thread? Yes

Question7: On average, how often will you play on the =(UV)= servers and how often will you be on the forums? I play every day mostly.

Question8: How do you think you can be an addition to our growing community? What makes you unique from the other recruits? I believe im a bit older than most of the players in UV and have been playing since CS came out (a little over 10 years) I think i'll just bring new perspective and also my background in computers could help. I have a BS in CS (emphasis in internet and web tech) and an MS in IT (emphasis in web services security)

Question9: Would you contribute to discussions made within =(UV)= and keep the topics civil? As needed, and always civil.

Question10: Have you ever been a member in =(UV)= before? If so, why did you leave? Nope

Thank-you for applying to Undead Vengeance! Your application has been accepted for processing; you may now wear the =(UVr)= tag in game. For the next month, clan members and staff will be watching you in game and will be commenting on your attitude and behavior in-game and in the forums. If your behavior or attitude are problematic in game, a staff member may message you and ask you to remove your =(UVr)= tag-- this is fairly unlikely, and will be used as a last resort after other mediation techniques have failed.

Adding the following to your Xfire contacts will be beneficial in the future for questions or comments you may have. Feel free to contact any one of us provided we are available. If we aren't, you can send us private message at anytime by clicking on our respective profiles and clicking "Send Message."

JCS:

BeauutifulChaos (Xfire: beauutifulchaosx)

Coinstar (Xfire: coinstar13)

HoboInArmy (xfire: hobo22)

Junzou (Xfire: junzou)

Llethander (Xfire: Llethander)

Phoenix2 (Xfire: uvphoenix2)

Wookie (Xfire: nuckingfuts847)

Advisors:

Beefwipe (Xfire: tannerblood)

Claytonian (Xfire: sruclaytonian)

Lesbian Dad (Xfire: palingenesis)

Mario (Xfire: ajayx)

MindSpring (Xfire: deletefreedom)

Supernaut (Xfire: supernautty)

Recruitment Officers:

Howard Dean (Xfire: kevin000111)

Madbagel (Xfire: theblacksaint)

We would like you to stay active in the forums as well as in game, but we also understand that forums aren't for everyone. Be that as it may, be sure to check the forums on the first day of the next month to see if you have been promoted to a full clan member. Thanks again for applying!

When is the recruit period done, it says 2 weeks... and...

2 Weeks Ago

is the last post... sooo :D

gotcha, thanks

i had just read the thing above

Pending Recruits:

Applications for pending recruits will be moved here for the 2 week recruit period.

and not paid attn to the actual app page.

Thanks for pointing that out. Looks like we missed that when we overhauled recruitment.

lol i've been using driz since i was 12 (15 yrs ago) on america online...

to crothers:

eh? working as designed? game says open.. forums say:

NOTICE: Recruitment is now CLOSED. Recruitment will re-open September 1st.

Not to be rude but rage quitting because a few people isn't the most mature thing to do. We could use a few people that aren’t 10-15 yrs old. Think about it before you quit. Now if you really feel like you don’t want to be here then I wish you good luck and hope you still play/post.

Not to be rude but rage quitting because a few people isn't the most mature thing to do. We could use a few people that aren’t 10-15 yrs old. Think about it before you quit. Now if you really feel like you don’t want to be here then I wish you good luck and hope you still play/post.

The problem is that the senior administration of the community act in immature and thieving manners. The higher-ups do nothing to stop this behavior and I will not be part of an organization that supports criminal behavior.

I enjoy playing with most of you, I appreciate the help with the race i tried to make, and I enjoy helping members where I can, but when senior members support breaking the law, I have to back away.

Then be the one that will keep things clean. If someone feels above the law let the law take care of it. Turning your back to it doesn't help.

The problem is that the senior administration of the community act in immature and thieving manners. The higher-ups do nothing to stop this behavior and I will not be part of an organization that supports criminal behavior.

I enjoy playing with most of you, I appreciate the help with the race i tried to make, and I enjoy helping members where I can, but when senior members support breaking the law, I have to back away.

What the fuck is your dumbass talking about?