Sign in to follow this  
Anonymous

Admin School

Well I talked to Junzou about it yesterday on the vent. What I suggested is even if UV members that don't have admin should attend admin school too. Those UV member who attend admin school can help out other admins by giving them the proper advice and such to help our server. Junzou said he would talk to Coinstar about it but I don't know if he did or not, so I'm just going to ask other UV members opinion about this idea.

This would cause so much extra time to be wasted. If we took every single UV member through admin school, we'd have to have a literal fuckton of extra classes.

This would cause so much extra time to be wasted. If we took every single UV member through admin school, we'd have to have a literal fuckton of extra classes.

qft.

I think it's a good idea to let 4-5 non-admins in per class; this way, both admins AND non-admins know how they are supposed to handle themselves, and we'll hopefully have less "Admin abuse" complaints that are more crying about getting legitimately punished than complaining about legitimate abuse. Plus, it will save us time in the long run if the members decide to buy admin.

I'm thinking of letting them in so we have more people to keep admins in check.

I think it's a good idea to let 4-5 non-admins in per class; this way, both admins AND non-admins know how they are supposed to handle themselves, and we'll hopefully have less "Admin abuse" complaints that are more crying about getting legitimately punished than complaining about legitimate abuse. Plus, it will save us time in the long run if the members decide to buy admin.

I'm thinking of letting them in so we have more people to keep admins in check.

I thought he meant we were making sure we did every single clan member rather than just letting a few people in each time. This is a good idea however.

I think if anything it should be a punishment thing instead of a mandatory thing. I mean your rules for the most part are clearly stated and if they arent than im sure there is someone on that can tell "said admin" whatever the rules are.

Take away someones admin til they can confirm that theyve been in the class. The other issue is, would this class need a live teacher walking everyone through step by step, or would we make a video with examples of things that you shouldnt be doing. Live teach would take so much time and you would have to rotate members to make it happen......

If you had it on a link though with a sign in for the video you could confirm that someone was actually in the class.

Anyway in the end trying to manage that many people. It really is a waste of time, how many incidences do we have with stupid admins? Probably not enough issues to warrant hours and hours of man power to make this thing work.

I wonder if we can make a map specifically for these classes. Like an obstacle course that you have to execute certain admin powers to proceed to the next area.

I've never really went deep into admin, but playing around with rcon showed me most of what SM can do.

I'm in. I'd think it would really help out admin's too. That way they have 1 more set of eyes and can still play the game. For someone like myself that can't really justify paying for admin (3 kids) I'd still like to know the expectations of an admin. So that I can know the proper level of action to be taken if I see someone abusing admin,or if I see a rule infraction that the admin did not see.

Guest Waffle

Hold separate classes to speed things up. One manager(JCS) teaching a class each. That way it cuts down the time and it's efficient.

Hold separate classes to speed things up. One manager(JCS) teaching a class each. That way it cuts down the time and it's efficient.

Me and Coin are teaching the first class.

And Malic, we NEED this. We have too many asshat admins.

RAAAAAGE...... I have a solution to the shitty admin epidemic of the post-10-dollar-admin-era.... End the post-10-dollar-admin-era..... I mean, ffs. If you've been in the clan long enough to get admin from your level, you already know the rules well and you won't be a pest... but if you come in to the forums, post once and then "HURRRR DURRRR Daddy's paypal.... HURR DURR" thats where the problem lies.

And Malic, we NEED this. We have too many asshat admins.

I think the only thing we will be doing is teaching admins how to use their "new powers" and when they shouldnt be using them. The issue isnt new admins that dont know how to do things, or how to enforce, its people that power trip. IMHO a class to teach new admins is a good idea, but a school is not going to fix the issue that most everyone is intending it to.

Asshat admins know the rules and bend the rules to make it look like they are enforcing them and doing their "duty". Have you ever told a police officer to go back to "officer school" because they are being a dick? No, you just tell everyone the officer was a douche. School isnt going to fix power tripping asshat admins. If anything its just going to empower them.