Sign in to follow this  
Anonymous

College

I'm so stressed about college, and I don't even know what I should major in. I was planning to major in Criminal Justice but yet I'm not so sure if I should do it since I have a record when I was a juvenile. My Lawyer, Judge, and my Probation Officer said that my records are going to be seal after I'm 18, but I asked other resources that if I want to be a cop or any law enforcement stuff they are going to be very strict on me and check out my back ground and stuff. So I'm just wonder what else should I major in besides Criminal Justice? I was thinking about Mechanic Engineer or Business. Blah HELP ME OUT HERE!

Guest Waffle

Just tell them(cops and whoever else) what you did, if you aren't being a total douche and lying the cops or whoever else might throw you a bone. Also everyone who goes to college will at least change majors ONCE. So always have a back-up profession, maybe you like photography or something. Be a doctor, it all depends on your preferences.

Guest Fohacidal

Go for what interests you the most, this stuff kinda applies to what career you will end up having.

Engineering.

If you like any type of engineering get into that. I have said this else where but engineer's are in huge demand, especially since all the baby boomers a retiring. Depends what specialization in engineering you do, but you can make a pretty good salary. Oh and you'll never get bored being an engineer.

Guest Waffle

Asher Roth is the shittiest singer/rapper/person/artist ever. Also for college, you are going need three things, weed, condoms, and a bottle opener.

they can't hold your juvenile record against you. many youth deviates have actually become very successful in law enforcement and law related fields because the system gave them a second chance. using your past (18 and younger) against you in the future is a form of discrimination.

Psychology motherfucker. Criminal justice is partly applied psychology-- you could study psychopathology, or forensic psychology (keep in mind though, those are mostly grad school specialties)

god damn grad school? lol, i was just thinking about getting an AA degree and thats it. lol

Look at what you have done in the past. Such as childhood Interests. When you think of it your job-career should be one that you enjoy. Not just a way to make money. Criminal Justice will be a job that has a large demand in the next few years. Engineering is such a large field you need to find what part of it you will specialize in. Although it is a growing field you need to find an area of it that you have an interest in.

I plan on studying meteorology.

My mom and brother went to school to be psychologists, My mom majors in it in about a year. Also I don't think you have to declare your major until the second year or third year at most schools.

I plan on studying meteorology.

My mom and brother went to school to be psychologists, My mom majors in it in about a year. Also I don't think you have to declare your major until the second year or third year at most schools.

thats odd i thought u were a terrorist suicide bomber that drives a bus into. bluidings. thats wat u looked like nvm haha

I'm 5 classes away from a associates in biomedical equipment engineering, but I don't think its what I watn to do. I'll finish that up soon enough, and move on to get my bachelors. It's not what I want to do, but atleast i'm doing something until I figure it out.

But frankly, they just don't pay paleontologist enough.

they can't hold your juvenile record against you. many youth deviates have actually become very successful in law enforcement and law related fields because the system gave them a second chance. using your past (18 and younger) against you in the future is a form of discrimination.

if by "they" you mean a normal law enforcement agency, then you are correct. However, any DoD agency (to include all Military branches), NSA, FBI, CIA, etc can and will hold your juvi records against you DEPENDING on the crime, generally drug charges or weapons charges... if you stole a pepsi from a gas station or tagged some dude's car... i wouldn't worry too much.

While waivers are possible, the records are still considered. Also, any job that requires a top secret security clearance semi-considers the record since during the top secret investigation, all records are checked.

All that being said, do what interests you. I never changed my major, but i changed my concentration 3 times under my major. Remember, this is a degree you will have for the rest of your life... so when you start out, maybe you'll discover that program isn't all you thought it was, try things out, find what you love and roll with it.

But frankly, they just don't pay paleontologist enough.

QFT.

I started off as a pharmacy major, but sitting in a chem lab for hours made me crazy. Now I am focusing on Computer Science, and am looking forward to this. My school offers a selection of classes that are really varied, and since you don't need to (generally) choose a major until your junior year, this allows you to get a taste of different areas to choose what you want to focus on. My advice would be to just take some classes from different areas and see what works best for you, even though you are starting college you really don't need to know for sure what to major in for a while.

PS: You WILL change majors, or change jobs drastically, at one point in your life so don't worry. Everyone gets a job or focus area of study, and then at some point decide on a huge change and then finds what they will do as their final job.

Driz is right, once you turn 18 your record is "cleared" and cant be held against you. To make sure there isnt any form of record, you have to request it wiped from your file after youve turned 18. I cant remember where you go for that though. EVEN then however any big wig operation could bring it back up and against you depending on what you did. Because youre not in prison right now AND it doesnt seem that theyve tried you as an adult...I dont think you have anything to worry about. I think you just got caught for a mistake and because youre a good kid you're worried about what may happen.

I used to work in a Group Home. Getting to know a lot of good probation officers and social workers, my opinion is you probably have a greater chance of being a leader of the system because youve been in it and through it. They like that.

Anyway, show of hands, who hasnt stolen a car, picked up their girlfriend and the 9 year old girl she was babysitting, and has not been charged for breaking curfew, driving without a license or a permit, speeding, driving left of the yellow lane, kidnapping, reckless endangerment, and grand theft auto?

I mean youre not an american otherwise. Cheers!

im gunna be a counter terrorist. i was planning on being a chef/bartender, or a cop.

Where do you buy your defuse kits from? I can't seem to find a wholesaler that will send me one every 2-4 minutes... they think I'm a terrorist....

Where do you buy your defuse kits from? I can't seem to find a wholesaler that will send me one every 2-4 minutes... they think I'm a terrorist....

If you just play your "Need assistance!" command I am sure someone can point you in the right direction.