Sign in to follow this  
Phanero

Necklace of Immunity

i guess if u have seen the title of this thread, i think u know what it is about,

the server seriously need Necklace of Immunty,

was playing an map like 10mins ago, everyone was stacking crypt lord, and spammed the ultimate, while they were camping..

like, i didnt see an single guy from the opposite team, before i got killed by ultimates..

this keeps going over and over again when its many players on the server..

and especially on the normal maps.

doesnt necklace only effect ult in a range? So the crypt lord wouldnt be effected?

Maybe on other servers, but I'm sure one could be made to just protect you from all ultimates. That would actually be quite handy. I hate getting chain lightninged when I'm on Lurker or Templar. Dx

Agreed. 1.6 WC3 FT had one, and it was a life saver. Don't make it 700$ like in 1.6 though, make it around 3000$.

It should also block all ultimate's in the server.

i guess if u have seen the title of this thread, i think u know what it is about,

the server seriously need Necklace of Immunty,

was playing an map like 10mins ago, everyone was stacking crypt lord, and spammed the ultimate, while they were camping..

like, i didnt see an single guy from the opposite team, before i got killed by ultimates..

this keeps going over and over again when its many players on the server..

and especially on the normal maps.

bad idea imo. plenty of races that block ultimates. then you'd have to revamp all those races because that is one of their main skills is to block all ultimates.

Guest Horny©at

Your logic fails.That's like saying ,since we can buy mole I guess we are gonna have to change the mole races.

not really... there are races that i would really only play to get ultimate immunity. i'm sure there's people that are the same way... so if there's necklaces why have those races anymore?

Guest Horny©at

because races make things that cost in the shopmenu free.for example,longjump.It cost alot but thats why people pickraces which give you LJ for free.

But not only primarily for that reason. Someones not like "Oh, this race has long jump! All it's other skills are useless but I still want to long jump!"... Look at warlock, vamp, low grav, long jump, posess mind, it's actually one of the ones that is good WITH ulti immunity as well. But only one per team so that's one person that gets immunity on a good race....anyways, all very useful skills. But then you look at let's say warden. Hmm ulti immunity.. Oh wait, but then I mole when I don't want to and I'm dead. Oh good thing my ulti brings me back to life so I can maybe mole again and die or at least get to play a bit of the round... Oh lets throw in a tiny bit of extra damage? Not that great of a race imo. But without that immunity then I would absolutely never play it.

I think crypt lord's ultimate doesn't check for ultimate immunity anyway. When I played on wcs#2 I'd have a good ratio on Mr.Generosity... got called whoring it couple times too. Plenty of ultimate immune races on the server and many with different styles.

not really... there are races that i would really only play to get ultimate immunity. i'm sure there's people that are the same way... so if there's necklaces why have those races anymore?

I think there is an important difference.

The necklace would prevent someone's ultimate from harming you no matter where they are on the map.

Most (not all) of the races with ultimate immunity work by blocking the enemy's ultimate if they are within a certain range. that not only benefits you, but also benefits your team.

i.e. On server 1 playing westwood, a T would longjump to CT spawn right after round start then jihad himself killing 3-5 people each round. I switched to an ultimate blocking race and next round he jumped to spawn and stood there unable to explode while the CT's tore him a new one. The necklace would not let me do that.

The necklace would prevent crypt lord locust and chain lightning from damaging you, most races blocking ultimates would still get hurt if the are too far away from the source of the ultimate.

I'm for the necklace. I've missed it since I moved to CSS. I do believe that $1000 is a fair price for it seeing how you only get $1500 for the round if your team loses the last one.

Adding necklace would mean EVERYONE could be ultimate immune. Races like undead, crypt lord, night elf, orc ect would lose a skill practically. Finding lurkers and templars would be next to impossible. Anyone on a speedy longjump knife race would become immune to roots and the same for all the teleport races. Keep in mind races that are most vunerable to ultimates, such as knifers and lurker, dont have to buy anything... so if I'm smart with my bets I can constantly have ultimate immune whether I die or not.

I've not played on #2 for a while but I still think there's Blood Mage on it, regeneration races and other healing races to play in addition to ultimate immune races.

If the necklace were ever to be implemented, I'd suggest it to be expensive. Ultimate immunity is just as valuable as LJ. I'd say around 7000-10000.

You know what I think? Teleport needs to be fixed to where it is actually teleport. It shouldn't even be able to be rooted. Longjump still has answers, it's called orb of frost or bash.

Moose, Necklace of Immunity has been in WC mods for a long time now. I don't see why this server took it out...

You do realize the original wc mods you could only buy like one or two items at a time? CSS WC you can buy 2 from each category... They've changed the mod a lot.

You know what I think? Teleport needs to be fixed to where it is actually teleport.

I agree. The changeling can teleport. All we need is to code a location targeting system if it doesn't already exist.

I agree. The changeling can teleport. All we need is to code a location targeting system if it doesn't already exist.

It exists. Think of the old 1.6 and cz wc3. You teleport and your screen turns blue with little white bobble things bouncing around for a few seconds. But you end up where you aim and nobody specifically sees you flying through the map. Instead it's a teleport.