Sign in to follow this  
Guest formerlyaeth

LaVeyan Satanism

Hmm... This is interesting to say the least.

Atheistic beliefs combined with satanistic ones as well.

I'm a right-wing sort-of christian, but hey, your life is your life. I don't judge.

I always say you can't be truly faithfull to your beliefs if you are not willing to listen to the other side of the story and still choose your beliefs.Now thats just me and others will say I'm wrong on it.

I agree with you there. If you don't know what the other side is about, how can you not fall from your side?

Know your enemy, basically.

Hmm... This is interesting to say the least.

I'm a right-wing sort-of christian, but hey, your life is your life. I don't judge.

I don't get where you put the combination of atheist with satanist, that doesn't make any sense.

i.e. there is no such thing as the bible described devil worship, what they are talking about is the 5000 year old Satanism which is what the Jews called the Sumerian culture worship of Shaitan, Ea, and Enki (and many others).

Guest formerlyaeth
The athiest part is that there really isn't a central creater.

And there are other forms of Satanism, so they're mixed.

snip snip snip snip

To my understanding, there are actually no religions that have the name Satan in them besides LaVeyan

If you don't count the teenage bullshit backyard let's cut ourselves because no one understands us fake religions.

It has the same concepts as atheism but it's not atheism. Just because an apple is a fruit that doesn't make an orange an apple.

There are 7 religions with the name Satan in it, Apollo's name was Satan before the Romans changed it, the same applies for Aphrodite (not the exact word Satan but it's not like they all spoke Hebrew in Rome).

The athiest part is that there really isn't a central creater.

And there are other forms of Satanism, so they're mixed.

There are only 3 "forms" of Satanism all different, so no there isn't.

Guest formerlyaeth
There are 7 religions with the name Satan in it, Apollo's name was Satan before the Romans changed it, the same applies for Aphrodite (not the exact word Satan but it's not like they all spoke Hebrew in Rome).

There are only 3 "forms" of Satanism all different, so no there isn't.

I'm talking about the actual name of the religion, ie. Christianity

Buddhism

Not the characters in the religion.

I'm talking about the actual name of the religion, ie. Christianity

Buddhism

Not the characters in the religion.

There's Religious Satanism, Gothic Satanism (fake one), and Traditional Satanism (i.e. Temple of Set).

ReligiousTolerance.org

16th century Satanism: This is an imaginary, profoundly evil religion that was invented during the late Middle Ages by the Christian church. The Church taught that Witches worshiped Satan, ritually killed children, boiled down their bodies to make magical implements, sold their soul to the devil, broke crucifixes, conducted black masses, created hail storms to damage crops, caused disease in farm animals and humans. etc. They were said to totally dedicate their life to harming others.

The church's creation of Satanism gave the theological foundation for the "burning times" in which tens of thousands of religious heretics, mentally ill people, and supremely unlucky individuals were burned at the stake (in Roman Catholic countries) or hung (in Protestant countries).

This form of Satanism never existed in the past as an organized entity. It does not exist today, except in the imagination of the public, and in horror movies. Belief in the reality of Satan-worshiping witches remains widespread in North America today, particularly among religious conservative.

Sometimes, this imaginary form of Satanism is referred to as Gothic Satanism. We recommend against this term, because it might be confused with the Goth sub-culture. The latter is a philosophical, musical, cultural group that is not directly related to Satanism. However, a larger percentage of Goths are Satanists, than are found in the general population.

Satanic Dabbling:

This is a syncretistic religion which largely lacks a consistent theology. Its followers blend elements copied from religious Satanism, ceremonial Magic, Wicca, other Neopagan traditions, Goddess worship, various Occult traditions, and any other useful source of rituals that the followers can find. Frequently, writings about Gothic Satanism by fictional, Roman Catholic, or Evangelical authors are added to the mix. It is typically practiced by rebellious teenagers or young adults -- generally for a short time. They probably number in the tens or hundreds of thousands at any one instant in North America. An exact estimate is impossible to obtain, since they are totally devoid of any central organization.

They occasionally engage in minor criminal activities such as vandalizing cemeteries and painting Satanic graffiti on walls. In very rare instances, a few have been known to sacrifice small animals. Some look upon Satanism as a method of rebelling against their parents' beliefs. It is usually a passing fad that they quickly outgrow. Satanic Dabblers have no connection with Religious Satanists. There is of course no connection between teen dabblers and other beliefs and practices which have been called "Satanism," because the latter do not exist (or are extremely rare). Every few years, the media report a ritual murder of a human by "Satanists." Further examination has so far revealed that the perpetrators have been primarily motivated by a severe mental illness, rather than by any religious beliefs that they might have. When the media report a particularly horrendous criminal act, they often initially suggest that some Satanic ritual was involved. This happened in early 2004 with a case in Fresno, CA. Eleven deaths are reported including nine children allegedly fathered by the same man. At various times, news reports announced that the victims were mutilated, that ritual killings were suspected. These reports were later found to be unfounded.

Guest formerlyaeth
There's Religious Satanism, Gothic Satanism (fake one), and Traditional Satanism (i.e. Temple of Set).

I have been mis informed

faggotry has been removed

No...

OK, Satanism has been around just as long as Christianity. Well, since LaVeyan Satanism has only been around since the 16th century, it must have compiled the beliefs of several different variations of Satanism.

Some forms of Satanism BELIEVE in a creator, this on does not. Similar to Athiesm.

holy shit that's a lot to read. Not reading, lulz! what's wrong with satanists? there are athiests, and to athiests satanists and godist w/e i think its called christians are all the same. they all worship something. :)

No...

OK, Satanism has been around just as long as Christianity. Well, since LaVeyan Satanism has only been around since the 16th century, it must have compiled the beliefs of several different variations of Satanism.

Some forms of Satanism BELIEVE in a creator, this on does not. Similar to Athiesm.

Wow, Epic Fail.

LaVeyan Satanism was created by Anton Szandor LaVey on April 30, 1966.

Devil worship has never existed, starting circa 1450 CE. Some investigators believe that these beliefs about Satan worshipers in the late Middle Ages developed from theological debates about theodicy -- the philosophical and religious discussion of how evil can exist in a universe created and controlled by an omnipotent and omnibeneficient God. Others believe that the church wanted to exterminate any residual minority belief systems still in existence, and have exclusive control of the religious life of western Europe. So no, the "idea" of satanism has not been around since christianity.

Again you are wrong, try getting facts before spouting ignorant remarks.

My point is this, this above statement is stupid because you don't even know what "satanistic" beliefs are and that there are no Satanic beliefs in LaVeyan Satanism.

holy shit that's a lot to read. Not reading, lulz! what's wrong with satanists? there are athiests, and to athiests satanists and godist w/e i think its called christians are all the same. they all worship something. :)

The first post isn't that long... sad.

read the tl;dr

Satan in his original pre-Christian Pagan forms is respected, as a principle rather than a deity. Satanists do not worship Satan just as most Buddhists do not worship Buddha.

Guest formerlyaeth

kollabo does this shit all the time.

he got banned for a day if you didn't know

also, one more stupid thing kollabo does and he's gone according to junzy wunzy

lol here has some lolz jesus loves me :P

wow... really. do you feel its that necessary to be this..ignorant ?

if you are going to post in a tread like this one do it with some thought behind it.