Sign in to follow this  
boss

Wow..

i was doing some research and an AMD Athalon 64 X2 4200+ was 500$....

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware...ws/a64-x2-4200/

and ^that was back in '05.

BUT with money a side, it still out performs a console. If they got a console thats there choice, but a computer is still better. If you say its too expensive, thats your fault. Its not anyone else's fault that you cant/ or didnt make or get enough money to get it or afford it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SwitchBlade @ Jun 1 2009, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

i guess i just can't stand it when someone thinks his opinion is fact, that's why i lash out at people like you

Everything Foh said and most of what mario said is this ^...idk, just saying.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (`Mario @ Jun 1 2009, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Obviously.

Soooorrrryyyyy i couldn't be up in the middle of the night to read it, but now i did, and i understand what you are saying. But as people have also said, it's a preference what you like and don't like. I like PC's. Aside from what you all said I'm happy with my PC, can do anything i want it to AT THIS STAGE IN GAMING TECHNOLOGY. Sure, I'll have to upgrade later, but...so?

Anyways, peace, enough of the fucking rage aight? Talk like normal fucking people, no need to can people ignorant idiots (minus the ignorant) just because you think what they said is a lie or whatever bullshit. Just talk like civilized people, PLOX!!11 :D

Ummmm Mario, I WOULD give you my specs and all but one; im embarassed by my failure at spending money on this shit. and two, youre going to give me better specs for half the price but i dont have any money now, not even close to enough to get a machine equal to mine. I really appreciate the offer but theres no reason in talking specs and prices if i dont have any money :\

Thanks for all the rage n replies, keep going i like how this turned into yet another console v console v pc debate :)

Personally (IMO obv) I like FPSs better on consoles. Sure, its harder but i do it better than most people so i get an OK advantage. And i prefer consoles over computers. Yes, they cannot mod, plugin or anything like that, but that sometimes makes them better! You cant hack (other than a rapidfire controller which are terribad), get viruses and it keeps the game the way it started as :) Along with the price of 300 bucks at launch that is crazy powerful (the 360) that makes games i WANT to play possible to play without going at 5 fps like my shitting laptop does now.

There. Thats my opinion, feel free to rage and reply with 1000000s of lines of evidence and prices, i dont give a shit. just letting you know thats how i am :\

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobalt16 @ Jun 1 2009, 07:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Everything Foh said and most of what mario said is this ^...idk, just saying.

Soooorrrryyyyy i couldn't be up in the middle of the night to read it, but now i did, and i understand what you are saying. But as people have also said, it's a preference what you like and don't like. I like PC's. Aside from what you all said I'm happy with my PC, can do anything i want it to AT THIS STAGE IN GAMING TECHNOLOGY. Sure, I'll have to upgrade later, but...so?

Anyways, peace, enough of the fucking rage aight? Talk like normal fucking people, no need to can people ignorant idiots (minus the ignorant) just because you think what they said is a lie or whatever bullshit. Just talk like civilized people, PLOX!!11 :D

The only real rage in here was SwitchBlade. Who needs to, like many people, learn the difference between an opinion, and a proveable fact.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Emerican @ Jun 1 2009, 03:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

i was doing some research and an AMD Athalon 64 X2 4200+ was 500$....

http://www.neoseeker.com/Articles/Hardware...ws/a64-x2-4200/

and ^that was back in '05.

BUT with money a side, it still out performs a console. If they got a console thats there choice, but a computer is still better. If you say its too expensive, thats your fault. Its not anyone else's fault that you cant/ or didnt make or get enough money to get it or afford it.

Thats still a lie, no dual core can come ANYWHERE close to what the PS3 has, and still not close to the 360 either

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobalt16 @ May 31 2009, 11:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Considering on how i run GTA 4 on all medium and medium/high settings, 1024x768 (hey, better than 800x600, or smaller) every day for hours upon hours at a time, with no lag, AT ALL, and not a single crash, like EVERYONE complains about, including people on the xbox at times, i think it can compete fairly well. I spend less money upgrading than you would buying a new console every gen, and i only need to upgrade once in that time span as well. Any game you mention i have probably played (I admit i do torrent almost everything, i buy it if i like it, i wont buy it if it's a shitty game though) and have ran it maxed, and if not, on medium settings. Crysis ran like a dream for me, and so does GTA 4. Just ask boss, he can't fucking get me OUT of it to play CSS with him, at times. (usually because i am in the middle of a mission :o)

You also have to take in that you're running at a pretty low resolution.

Most of the guys here have 19"+ LCD monitors or even dual, and that puts a lot of stress on the card, because anything usually out of the native resolution or aspect ratio makes the picture shitty.

You spend less money upgrading, but I doubt your computer specs would be considered "current."

I'd like to know your specs, because I haven't seen them posted in this thread, or anywhere else.

Yup im running 1450x res, and css did lose some fps like 5-10. When i put back down to 1024x1028 i regain the res but pic doesn't look as good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (`Mario @ Jun 1 2009, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The only real rage in here was SwitchBlade. Who needs to, like many people, learn the difference between an opinion, and a proveable fact.

This post has been edited because SwitchBlade has been acting way too hostile towards his clan mates.

-Edited by SwitchBlade

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SwitchBlade @ Jun 1 2009, 01:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I don't need to learn the difference between anything, and i wasn't raging, that's just how i talk, i was calm as can be in fact i was laughing while typing that, so just fuck off if you don't like the way i talk.

Rage... Denial?

If that is how you talk all the time, then we don't need you here. kthnxbai.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (`Mario @ Jun 1 2009, 05:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Rage... Denial?

If that is how you talk all the time, then we don't need you here. kthnxbai.

lol.. well i run at widescreen 16x10 (1440x900) so i guess that puts stress on my lame ass card :(

Guest DarkxFaDeD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SwitchBlade @ Jun 1 2009, 02:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Bull-fucking-shit

Who the fuck do you think you are to say something like that? Or are you just so spoiled with your 2046x1600 resolution and your 5 monitors in front of your face, and maybe some quad SLI too? Well i have SLI, i have a beast gaming comp and i don't think the console version looks like crap, in fact i don't think anything looks like crap because i play the oldest all the way to the newest, and i fucking enjoy it all, i see it for what it is, not what i want it to be, i don't create my own truths and whatnot, fuck man, why must i always post crap like this, i guess i just can't stand it when someone thinks his opinion is fact, that's why i lash out at people like you and then i get blamed and they say that what i just said is worse then what you said in the first place, well all i gotta say is, enjoy your fucking pc, and i will be enjoying mine, AND MY CONSOLES.

God damn, always lowering myself to other peoples levels, fucking hell, when am i gonna learn to just ignore people like you and stop acting like a fucking moron, you happy? I called myself a fucking moron, you know why? Because i am not afraid to be honest, i'm not afraid to be honest with myself, i'm not afraid to be honest with anyone, this fearlessness may be foolish to some, but it is a gift in my eyes, and you would all do well to take a page from my book, egos are for weak people, i crush egos, every fiber of my being is an ego, and i guess i'm just whatever you say i am. (Okay now i'm starting to sound like a fucking copycat if you know what i mean.)

comparing the same game on a console to the same game on a good pc. The console version will look like crap or "not as good"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DarkxFaDeD @ Jun 1 2009, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

comparing the same game on a console to the same game on a good pc. The console version will look like crap or "not as good"

No, this is not true. It is dependant on the game itself, the computer, the console, what platform the game was designed on, ect. There are a lot of different things to take into account when comparing cross-platform titles, so don't just jump to what seems correct. You also can not compare something, and then say one looks like crap, as in reality, they both could look amazing, just one look a little bit better. Saying the other looks like crap is a bias, as they both still look amazing.

Guest DarkxFaDeD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (`Mario @ Jun 1 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

No, this is not true. It is dependant on the game itself, the computer, the console, what platform the game was designed on, ect. There are a lot of different things to take into account when comparing cross-platform titles, so don't just jump to what seems correct. You also can not compare something, and then say one looks like crap, as in reality, they both could look amazing, just one look a little bit better. Saying the other looks like crap is a bias, as they both still look amazing.

That is why i put not as good at the end because neither will look like crap cause there all good on some level. I was puting it as simply as it can be, If you compare a game on a a good pc with everything maxed up it will look better then a console. cause the pc has the advantage because of better hardware.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (boss @ Jun 1 2009, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I just realized something; Mario knows a shit ton about computers o.O

That's like more than half the clan.

Speaking of computer knowledge, where's Zeus?

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DarkxFaDeD @ Jun 1 2009, 06:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

That is why i put not as good at the end because neither will look like crap cause there all good on some level. I was puting it as simply as it can be, If you compare a game on a a good pc with everything maxed up it will look better then a console. cause the pc has the advantage because of better hardware.

No it doesnt, the only factor that differs between console gaming and PC gaming is resolutions and usually console games will win on that due to the simple fact that they are MADE to play on much larger resolutions to accomodate bigger TVs. PC games dont look better because it has better hardware, hell even today there arent very many cost effective substitions for consoles and those that do can only be played on whatever monitor you have. Console games have the advantage of not being restricted to an average 19" monitor

Guest DarkxFaDeD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Jun 1 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

No it doesnt, the only factor that differs between console gaming and PC gaming is resolutions and usually console games will win on that due to the simple fact that they are MADE to play on much larger resolutions to accomodate bigger TVs. PC games dont look better because it has better hardware, hell even today there arent very many cost effective substitions for consoles and those that do can only be played on whatever monitor you have. Console games have the advantage of not being restricted to an average 19" monitor

The Bigger the TV doesn't mean the resolution gets higher all There are many large TV's that are 720p. Also PC gaming is not restricted to an average 19" monitor why in earth would it be? When gaming on higher resolutions on the PC thats where solutions like SLI or Crossfire come in to aid with high res pc gaming.

GOD I hate having this shitty ass hardware. You all get to have your awesome stuff while I get wet dreams about having something that can run TF 2 at 100+ FPS max settings hi res.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DarkxFaDeD @ Jun 1 2009, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The Bigger the TV doesn't mean the resolution gets higher all There are many large TV's that are 720p. Also PC gaming is not restricted to an average 19" monitor why in earth would it be? When gaming on higher resolutions on the PC thats where solutions like SLI or Crossfire come in to aid with high res pc gaming.

You are so dumb please re-read my post before responding...

Guest DarkxFaDeD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Jun 1 2009, 10:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You are so dumb please re-read my post before responding...

Don't get to jumpy buddy.

but...

i think get where your at now. Your saying better hardware doesn't make something look better but to produce a more stable fps at high resolutions, is this correct? One thing though what were you reffering to when you were saying "restricted to a 19 monitor"

but most of todays systems wouldn't be?

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DarkxFaDeD @ Jun 1 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

but...

i think get where your at now. Your saying better hardware doesn't make something look better but to produce a more stable fps at high resolutions, is this correct? One thing though what were you reffering to when you were saying "restricted to a 19 monitor"

You want to stop omitting words from my posts to better suit your own arguments so it sounds like your posts and reasoning actually have purpose on these forums? I said the average 19" monitor, because Im willing to bet my life the average PC gamer doesnt have a screen over 20". Hell Im running on a 17" right now

So take keen notice of the word AVERAGE in that sentence

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DarkxFaDeD @ Jun 1 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

but...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DarkxFaDeD @ Jun 1 2009, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

AVERAGE. You even admited it was there. HE SAID AVERAGE. AVERAGE. A-V-E-R-A-G-E

Jesus. We must be getting flooded with chronxs or something o.0

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (boss @ Jun 1 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

GOD I hate having this shitty ass hardware. You all get to have your awesome stuff while I get wet dreams about having something that can run TF 2 at 100+ FPS max settings hi res.
A system capable of that would run for around $700. Though I'm not entirely sure on how hard TF2 can be.

Guest DarkxFaDeD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Jun 2 2009, 12:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You want to stop omitting words from my posts to better suit your own arguments so it sounds like your posts and reasoning actually have purpose on these forums? I said the average 19" monitor, because Im willing to bet my life the average PC gamer doesnt have a screen over 20". Hell Im running on a 17" right now

So take keen notice of the word AVERAGE in that sentence

They do have purpose, more purpose of then you being here, stop trying to be e-tough guy. A good amount of pc gamers do have a screens over 19" and about your last remark about consoles having an advantage over PC's due to there restricted to 19" monitors. PC gaming today is in no way (not even the average gamer at that) are restricted to a 19" monitor. now there are many affordable video cards/solutions that are coming down in price everyday that can game on a 24" monitor at 1920x1200 fine.