Sign in to follow this  
boss

Wow..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ May 31 2009, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Ya, build me a system with prices from when a PS3 came out and tell me if it is still comparable today. It wont be, I know for a fact my 8800 GTS was around 500-600 bucks alone when I built my computer 2.5 years ago, shortly after I got my PS3
Now, in your honest opinion, do tell what the fuck the point of using prices and parts from 3 years ago would be?

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (`Mario @ May 31 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Now, in your honest opinion, do tell what the fuck the point of using prices and parts from 3 years ago would be?

Because to my knowledge when the PS3 first came out it had a price of 600 minus tax, I know for a fact that that GTX 275 alone wasnt available for market consumption back in that November, and if it had been its shelf price wouldve been near 1000 dollars. Now its 3 years later and your using the same 600 dollar price on the PS3 and comparing it to an extremely depreciated cost of a video card... among other things.

Basically your trying to unfairly compare 2 products based on price and power by skewing timelines. Sure it can do the same but dont say one is cheaper because your comparing one product to anothers completely depreciated price.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ May 31 2009, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Because to my knowledge when the PS3 first came out it had a price of 600 minus tax, I know for a fact that that GTX 275 alone wasnt available for market consumption back in that November, and if it had been its shelf price wouldve been near 1000 dollars. Now its 3 years later and your using the same 600 dollar price on the PS3 and comparing it to an extremely depreciated cost of a video card... among other things.

Basically your trying to unfairly compare 2 products based on price and power by skewing timelines. Sure it can do the same but dont say one is cheaper because your comparing one product to anothers completely depreciated price.

I was asked to build a PC that would match the PS3's power for $700, and that is exactly what I did. Stop trying to make your e-peen longer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pinoy @ May 31 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Majority of my friends also have XBox Live, so I'd like to play with them.

Same i have like 60 friends on xbl and i know all of them irl and only 2 of those 60 have any pc games, and those 2 are snipe4u2eat and Mr.Birdterd.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (`Mario @ May 31 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I was asked to build a PC that would match the PS3's power for $700, and that is exactly what I did. Stop trying to make your e-peen longer.

Im just saying man, it has nothing to do with epeen, just that you cant find a suitable price comparison and your getting all QQ about it for no reason

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Contract_Killer @ May 31 2009, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Computers piss me off sometimes, RIGHT when I buy a brand new item, the next week its outdated, and there is something better out there.

Same, thats why I avoid getting super new stuff. That, along with the price tag xD

OK, i posted when this thread was made, and haven't been back here for a bit, so i browsed through all the posts only scimming through the words...But i bought this PC for $700 (stock shitty HP PC) back when all there was, was a PS2 and XBox. MAYBE half a year ago, i bought a new graphics card for $100. Won't have to upgrade again until the PS4 or whatever comes out, and even then, another 100 bucks...big woop. I don't buy 5k computers and 10k processors and graphics cards, because you don't need them. My 8600 GT 512 does just as good a job as any other card at running these modern day games, and it was a hundred bucks, cheaper than boss' gun. You need to know what to buy and where to buy it, but you don't need to spend 5k on a good gaming rig for it to outplay a console. Mine would, and I've had it for 5 years and spent 800 bucks total...But i mean, if you like consoles, that's fine, just saying this for the i can't afford a good gaming rig posts. My PC was half the price of Boss' laptop and (Not to be a total fucking jackass but...) it would tear his apart gaming wise.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobalt16 @ May 31 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

OK, i posted when this thread was made, and haven't been back here for a bit, so i browsed through all the posts only scimming through the words...But i bought this PC for $700 (stock shitty HP PC) back when all there was, was a PS2 and XBox. MAYBE half a year ago, i bought a new graphics card for $100. Won't have to upgrade again until the PS4 or whatever comes out, and even then, another 100 bucks...big woop. I don't buy 5k computers and 10k processors and graphics cards, because you don't need them. My 8600 GT 512 does just as good a job as any other card at running these modern day games, and it was a hundred bucks, cheaper than boss' gun. You need to know what to buy and where to buy it, but you don't need to spend 5k on a good gaming rig for it to outplay a console. Mine would, and I've had it for 5 years and spent 800 bucks total...But i mean, if you like consoles, that's fine, just saying this for the i can't afford a good gaming rig posts. My PC was half the price of Boss' laptop and (Not to be a total fucking jackass but...) it would tear his apart gaming wise.

HAY!! MY GUNS VERY NICE >:( lul look at my post for details guys. Anyway i dunno about TEAR IT APART but it would beat mine probably, what i dont get is my processor is good and i have an 8800 but it still SUCKS and i have no idea why!!! please dont give me page long explanations about OH THIS DRIVER IS good and this and that because im not looking for consolation or any kind of advice, just letting yall know how fucking frustrating it is to spend this money on THIS little gaming power.

F.M.L. indeed..

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobalt16 @ May 31 2009, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Im sorry but there is no way a computer that cost 800 bucks 5 years ago can come anywhere close to the raw power of these current gen consoles,

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobalt16 @ May 31 2009, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I can absolutly guarantee that this is either bullshit, or bullshit. You don't need $5000 computers no, but a computer that cost $800 5-6 years ago will not run ANYTHING like a new computer will now, and there is no chance in hell it would run up to an Xbox 360 or PS3. A $5000 computer 6 years ago wouldn't even compare to a $1000 computer now, and I guarantee that as well.

Boss: Give me full system specs and I'll see if I can help you out.

Considering on how i run GTA 4 on all medium and medium/high settings, 1024x768 (hey, better than 800x600, or smaller) every day for hours upon hours at a time, with no lag, AT ALL, and not a single crash, like EVERYONE complains about, including people on the xbox at times, i think it can compete fairly well. I spend less money upgrading than you would buying a new console every gen, and i only need to upgrade once in that time span as well. Any game you mention i have probably played (I admit i do torrent almost everything, i buy it if i like it, i wont buy it if it's a shitty game though) and have ran it maxed, and if not, on medium settings. Crysis ran like a dream for me, and so does GTA 4. Just ask boss, he can't fucking get me OUT of it to play CSS with him, at times. (usually because i am in the middle of a mission :o)

And to both of you, like i said, i fucking just recently upgraded. Of course a 5 year old computer, stock, couldn't compete, but like i said, I UPGRADED.

You don't need to spend a grand on a computer every damn year, if you build your own, you cut the price in half, and have the option to upgrade. Store bought, the cases are manufactured in a way in which you need to buy a whole new computer, the case does not support upgrading, you can upgrade the card sure, but for the processor you need a new motherboard, which the case will not allow. http://www.newegg.com Cheap ass prices, doesn't take a whole lot of money to upgrade your PC. I won't need to upgrade for a good nother year/year and a half, and the prices i will have spent upgrading during the 360 gen, will more than likely be half the price of a new console, you gotta know where to shop, to get good, low prices.

Guest Fohacidal

a 100 dollar graphics card 1 year ago was obsolete 2 years ago, your computer nowhere near justifies not buying a console in terms of power and price

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Cobalt16 @ May 31 2009, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

And to both of you, like i said, i fucking just recently upgraded. Of course a 5 year old computer, stock, couldn't compete, but like i said, I UPGRADED.

You don't need to spend a grand on a computer every damn year, if you build your own, you cut the price in half, and have the option to upgrade. Store bought, the cases are manufactured in a way in which you need to buy a whole new computer, the case does not support upgrading, you can upgrade the card sure, but for the processor you need a new motherboard, which the case will not allow. http://www.newegg.com Cheap ass prices, doesn't take a whole lot of money to upgrade your PC. I won't need to upgrade for a good nother year/year and a half, and the prices i will have spent upgrading during the 360 gen, will more than likely be half the price of a new console, you gotta know where to shop, to get good, low prices.

Your making me lol with your idiocy. Newegg is the NUMBER ONE most used computer store in the world (or very close to it), and they are NOT the cheapest prices. So don't go bragging about that. You have also said you bought a shitty stock HP PC, but then you go and say that you built your computer by hand? Make up your mind. Also, lets go over the differences in screen resolutions at different qualities of gameplay shall we?

800x600: 480000 pixels

1024x768: 786432 pixels

1280x720(720p): 921600 pixels

1280x800: 1024000 pixels

1440x900: 1296000 pixels

1280x1024: 1310720 pixels

1600x1000: 1600000 pixels

1680x1050: 1764000 pixels

1920x1080 (1080p): 2073600 pixels

1900x1200: 2280000 pixels

2560x1600: 4096000 pixels

Now, I'm not sure if you can comprehend this, but the number on the left is the resolution, and the number on the right is how many pixels the computer must generate. To simplify this, lets just make up a new measurement for the processing power required to generate a frame (1 = power required to generate a single pixel). I don't feel like getting into details, but lets assume the following:

Low Quality Settings: 1x

Medium Quality Settings: 2x

High Quality Settings W/ 0xAA: 3x

High Quality Settings W/ 4xAA: 4x

Very High Quality W/ 0xAA: 4x

Very High Quality W/ 4xAA: 6x

Very High Quality W/ 8xAA: 7x

Now, when we choose a resolution and a quality, we can work out the TRUE quality of video gameplay, as well as the amount of processing power required to play at that quality.

While a very simple way of showing it, this is a basic way of explaining the differences between resolutions and quality. Now, what was the point of doing this? To prove that your computer in no way is comparable to that of an Xbox 360 or PS3:

PS3: 1080p resolution, and it uses 4xAA (I BELIEVE. May be 8.)

Xbox 360: 1080p resolution, 4xAA (same as above.)

Based on the values I have above, that would put these two consoles as having rough scores of around 12441600 per frame. Both of these consoles however, run at 60 FPS. Taking that into account, the final score for the systems is 746,496,000. From what you have said, your computer runs games such as crysis at a resolution of 1024x768, at a medium quality, and I'll be reasonable, and say you get 50 FPS. Your score ends up being 78,643,200. Your computer is therefore roughly 1/10th as powerful as a PS3 or Xbox 360. This score also assumes the position of your MAXIMUM processing power. With this, we can determine at what quality and resolutions your current system is capable of:

Max Power Available: 78,643,200/sec

Max Resolution: 1280x1024 @ Low Quality @ 50FPS

Max Quality: High Quality W/ 0xAA @ 800x600 @ 50 FPS

Now, thats my walkthrough on BASIC video quality. kthnxbai.

Oh, and show me a CPU-Z and GPU-Z of your computer.

EDIT: I think this post justifies the Wow.. topic title O.o

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pebbz. @ May 29 2009, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Easily. PCs have WAAAY more capabilities than a console has. Greatest example: L4D. On the console, that thing looks like a piece of crap, but on PC looks a lot cleaner.

FPS on PC > FPS on Console

Bull-fucking-shit

Who the fuck do you think you are to say something like that? Or are you just so spoiled with your 2046x1600 resolution and your 5 monitors in front of your face, and maybe some quad SLI too? Well i have SLI, i have a beast gaming comp and i don't think the console version looks like crap, in fact i don't think anything looks like crap because i play the oldest all the way to the newest, and i fucking enjoy it all, i see it for what it is, not what i want it to be, i don't create my own truths and whatnot, fuck man, why must i always post crap like this, i guess i just can't stand it when someone thinks his opinion is fact, that's why i lash out at people like you and then i get blamed and they say that what i just said is worse then what you said in the first place, well all i gotta say is, enjoy your fucking pc, and i will be enjoying mine, AND MY CONSOLES.

God damn, always lowering myself to other peoples levels, fucking hell, when am i gonna learn to just ignore people like you and stop acting like a fucking moron, you happy? I called myself a fucking moron, you know why? Because i am not afraid to be honest, i'm not afraid to be honest with myself, i'm not afraid to be honest with anyone, this fearlessness may be foolish to some, but it is a gift in my eyes, and you would all do well to take a page from my book, egos are for weak people, i crush egos, every fiber of my being is an ego, and i guess i'm just whatever you say i am. (Okay now i'm starting to sound like a fucking copycat if you know what i mean.)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kelso @ May 31 2009, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Guaranteed he doesnt read it all

Obviously.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SwitchBlade @ May 31 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Bull-fucking-shit

Who the fuck do you think you are to say something like that? Or are you just so spoiled with your 2046x1600 resolution and your 5 monitors in front of your face, and maybe some quad SLI too? Well i have SLI, i have a beast gaming comp and i don't think the console version looks like crap, in fact i don't think anything looks like crap because i play the oldest all the way to the newest, and i fucking enjoy it all, i see it for what it is, not what i want it to be, i don't create my own truths and whatnot, fuck man, why must i always post crap like this, i guess i just can't stand it when someone thinks his opinion is fact, that's why i lash out at people like you and then i get blamed and they say that what i just said is worse then what you said in the first place, well all i gotta say is, enjoy your fucking pc, and i will be enjoying mine, AND MY CONSOLES.

God damn, always lowering myself to other peoples levels, fucking hell, when am i gonna learn to just ignore people like you and stop acting like a fucking moron, you happy? I called myself a fucking moron, you know why? Because i am not afraid to be honest, i'm not afraid to be honest with myself, i'm not afraid to be honest with anyone, this fearlessness may be foolish to some, but it is a gift in my eyes, and you would all do well to take a page from my book, egos are for weak people, i crush egos, every fiber of my being is an ego, and i guess i'm just whatever you say i am. (Okay now i'm starting to sound like a fucking copycat if you know what i mean.)

R-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-r-AGE!!!!!!1!1!!1!!!11!1!!!!onnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Calm the fuck down bud. You're going to give yourself a freaking heart-attack.

Correct statements are as follows:

FPS on PC > FPS on Console

FPS on PC < FPS on Console

FPS on PC = FPS on Console

It all depends bud. Though, a PC does have a lot more scalablility than a console, it doesn't mean one is better than the other.

Guest Fohacidal

I love you mario I really do LULZ

i built my comp for give or take 5 or 600, and im pretty sure it can out perform SOME AREAS on a console. Depending on what im playing, like its different if you play cod4 on xbox, then cod4 on pc with settings turned up. I understand what your saying, they contrast with eachother.

for example. i think FPS are better on pc because you have more of a control over things IMO

BUT, say a racing game would be better on a console then a pc (unless you have a steering wheel), but i could be wrong.

its just things that give or take between, and even though performance does play a role, it all comes down to personal prefrence.

i know people that would stick with console fps's over pc FPS's just because thats what there use to, unlike most people on here who would rather play pc FPS's (counter strike) over console FPS's (i.e Halo).

my main point, its mainly personal prefrence, and since people cant afford a 1337 H4x0rz 5eXy G4MiNG Computer, doesnt always mean a console is better. BUT because you have a decent computer, doesnt always mean Everything you do is better then a console.

Thats what i have to say about this.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Emerican @ Jun 1 2009, 02:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

i built my comp for give or take 5 or 600, and im pretty sure it can out perform SOME AREAS on a console.

For anything less then 1000 no it cant, please come again