Sign in to follow this  
MagicRatt

Life

Alright so a few of you have probably noticed that I haven't been on as much as usual (That is to say I'm not on all the time anymore). Recently I graduated from high school without any clue as to what I was going to do about scholarships, financial aid, and college all together. My parents have been bugging me about it a lot and I have just started looking into the college thing (About a week or two before deadlines :rolleyes: )

So basically with Graduation and summer just letting out all my friends and I have been hanging out a lot. Need to start looking for a job to earn some cash over the summer and prepare for college.

It's bad enough I don't qualify for the Pell Grant or HOPE Scholarship (In Georgia 3.0 GPA in core classes and they pay full tuition/books). My parents don't realize it yet, but they will find out soon enough. The question of going to college is still up in the air and I am under a lot of scrutiny to leap into action.

Needless to say I have been pretty busy lately. I pop on every now and then, but I will probably be appearing less and less as summer goes on and I find a job.

To all the other clan members out there in high school I highly recommend you get your shit together and bust out some good grades. Unfortunately it was too late for me when I started to actually care about grades in Junior year. I can't stress this enough and even though you all probably get the "speech" from your parents and counselors all the time they aren't telling you bullshit.

DO NOT WAIT until the end of senior year to start looking into college information. It's a pain in the ass, but trust me when I say you will be glad you got it done earlier instead of at the last minute. If you are just starting out high school I hope you take what I have said at least a little seriously. People who tell you this shit are not lying and if you take action early on you will be much better off at the end.

Catch you guys on the servers/forums. Later.

<span style="font-family:Tahoma">Yea I'm a sophomore in high school and my grades suck. I am smart, not going to lie. All my classes are really accelerated and I skipped two math grades and two science grades... but my grades are shit just because I don't do my work (homework, classwork, essays, etc.). Problem is that I don't care. But I hate it. </span>

Well, if all else fails, you could join the airforce / navy

And go through college with them, that way you wont have loans and there is a good chance you wont have to fight in Afghanistan, depending on what job field you go into...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Howard Dean @ May 26 2009, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

And go through college with them, that way you wont have loans and there is a good chance you wont have to fight in Afghanistan, depending on what job field you go into...

It's already been considered...Though I wouldn't do so well at sea. If it comes down to the wire and my parents aren't willing to pay for my first year of college (Before I earn my scholarship back) then I will probably joined one of the armed forces. That's one of my last resorts though.

Sammy, you should really start giving a shit about it. This stuff comes back to bite you in the ass. I never thought High School would be such a big deal, but turns out that if you fuck up too much things become that much harder later on. <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Howard Dean @ May 26 2009, 03:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

<span style="font-family:Tahoma">

I'm pretty sure I would never join the airforce or the navy. I'll get into college off my flawless SAT scores <3 Yea 94th percentile on the PSAT.</span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sammy. @ May 26 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

<span style="font-family:Tahoma">Yea I'm a sophomore in high school and my grades suck. I am smart, not going to lie. All my classes are really accelerated and I skipped two math grades and two science grades... but my grades are shit just because I don't do my work (homework, classwork, essays, etc.). Problem is that I don't care. But I hate it. </span>

I have the exact same problem. I'm smart, take accelerated classes, and I just expect to them to let me sit back and do nothing. I need to pull my head out of my ass, I nearly failed this year because of this.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sammy. @ May 26 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I'm pretty sure I would never join the airforce or the navy. I'll get into college off my flawless SAT scores <3 Yea 94th percentile on the PSAT.</span>

Right, but scholarships aren't awarded on just flawless SAT scores. You might get accepted into some fancy places with good scores, but will your parents/you have the money to pay for it? That's pretty much where my problem is. Money.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Madbagel @ May 26 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I have the exact same problem. I'm smart, take accelerated classes, and I just expect to them to let me sit back and do nothing. I need to pull my head out of my ass, I nearly failed this year because of this.

<span style="font-family:Tahoma">Yea we really need to get on that...

</span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MagicRatt @ May 26 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Right, but scholarships aren't awarded on just flawless SAT scores. You might get accepted into some fancy places with good scores, but will your parents/you have the money to pay for it? That's pretty much where my problem is. Money.

And this is true, my parents said they will pay half up to $10,000 a year if I'm doing well. Such a fail.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sammy. @ May 26 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Yea we really need to get on that...

And this is true, my parents said they will pay half up to $10,000 a year if I'm doing well. Such a fail.

Actually 10,000 a year is pretty decent. I would kill for that much money a year. Either way you should really consider trying to pull your grades up. It just really sucks where I am right now because of how stupid I was in 9th and 10th grade.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MagicRatt @ May 26 2009, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Alright so a few of you have probably noticed that I haven't been on as much as usual (That is to say I'm not on all the time anymore). Recently I graduated from high school without any clue as to what I was going to do about scholarships, financial aid, and college all together. My parents have been bugging me about it a lot and I have just started looking into the college thing (About a week or two before deadlines :rolleyes: )

So basically with Graduation and summer just letting out all my friends and I have been hanging out a lot. Need to start looking for a job to earn some cash over the summer and prepare for college.

It's bad enough I don't qualify for the Pell Grant or HOPE Scholarship (In Georgia 3.0 GPA in core classes and they pay full tuition/books). My parents don't realize it yet, but they will find out soon enough. The question of going to college is still up in the air and I am under a lot of scrutiny to leap into action.

Needless to say I have been pretty busy lately. I pop on every now and then, but I will probably be appearing less and less as summer goes on and I find a job.

To all the other clan members out there in high school I highly recommend you get your shit together and bust out some good grades. Unfortunately it was too late for me when I started to actually care about grades in Junior year. I can't stress this enough and even though you all probably get the "speech" from your parents and counselors all the time they aren't telling you bullshit.

DO NOT WAIT until the end of senior year to start looking into college information. It's a pain in the ass, but trust me when I say you will be glad you got it done earlier instead of at the last minute. If you are just starting out high school I hope you take what I have said at least a little seriously. People who tell you this shit are not lying and if you take action early on you will be much better off at the end.

Catch you guys on the servers/forums. Later.

i havent noticed you period. :o

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sammy. @ May 26 2009, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Madbagel @ May 26 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

lol same thing! i just dont care about school so i do really bad in it

but look at my sig thats what i think about school :D

Move weight. Don't need an education for that.

On a more serious note, sorry to hear about your troubles Magic. Nothing like life decisions to fuck with your noodle. And to move OT: like many gamers I don't do any work except like people here I don't take advanced courses. Actually this semester I dropped down to the dumber courses. It's actually no work. Often I'll try different challenges such as no books for an entire day, no pen, not writing a single thing, and my personal favorite for really awkward situations, no speaking.

(: High school is just a blast. I've considered failing classes to stay longer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Loading... @ May 26 2009, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

but look at my sig thats what i think about school :D

<span style="font-family:Tahoma">Haha yea, as me and Jared always say "Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so just give up."</span>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sammy. @ May 26 2009, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

<span style="font-family:Tahoma">Haha yea, as me and Jared always say "Practice makes perfect, but nobody's perfect, so just give up."</span>

lol yeah.

i dont want to give up though, i mean i have wanted to drop out soo many times, but i want to do something with my life. I may be only 16, but i do realise whats at stake. Many people dont really, and i think is half the reason they dont care. I really dont care, but i show up and get my work done. I dont pay attention in school, i just do what needs to be done and ive gotten by on that. i wont be able to do that next year though, im taking honor's classes. But i do understand where he is comming from, if you do good now, you dont have to do shit your senior year. But lets make sure we can atleast make it to senior year ;)

And to the people who dont care, i know exactlly where your comming from, but atleast try and care a little bit, you wont regret it later.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kelso @ May 26 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Often I'll try different challenges such as no books for an entire day, no pen, not writing a single thing, and my personal favorite for really awkward situations, no speaking.

This made me lol.

But yeah, I'm in my sophomore year and I've been slacking/putting things off pretty bad... got my first C's.

>:[

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sammy. @ May 26 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Same here on Math I think.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kyle Esoovac @ May 26 2009, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

i hav 5 years worth of math credits, and im a junior.

o_________________________o

I will next year. If Physics counts, I have 5 now, 7 next year.

See ya round dude. I'll miss ya.

Sucks to hear man...I did the same thing till junior year..Im just hoping my sat scores will be amazing...if not tho..Go to a junior college 2 years and get urself a nice 3.5-4.0 and then transfer hopefully to that dream school..Best of luck to you.

Guest ShadySTDs

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clay @ May 29 2009, 12:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Same here on Math I think.

I will next year. If Physics counts, I have 5 now, 7 next year.

See ya round dude. I'll miss ya.

Take the physics with calc, that way you get the science credit and also the math!