Sign in to follow this  
niC-

My video card is going out, yus?

If I play CS:S for more than about 5 minutes or so, I'll start to get artifacts (blue dashes everywhere) that will occasionally flash on both of my screens. If I continue to play it'll flash more frequently and eventually cause it to lag horribly, like I'm trying to run Crysis on beyond superduperhigh.

When I get to this point and exit CS:S, it still continues to lag on my desktop and a notification pops up in the lower-right hand corner and says nvaskldfsad (nvidia driver) stopped responding.

It's a 7950GT.. and apparently it idles at 58-60C according to nTune (Not overclocked) o_o And yes the fan still works.

D:?

EDIT: Yeah. I think it's dead now... I played some LFS and it froze for a second then the screen shut off. Restarted and it blue screened.

I guess I'll go for a GTS 250

Before you do that... Id try and get the newest nvidia drivers. Sometimes bluescreens can be caused by drivers and software. This sounds indicitive of a software malfunction, as video cards almost never die.

I got artifacts during POST and the boot selection screen. It blue screens immediately after Vista finishes loading.

So... I swapped it out with an 8400GS, that I use for Hackintosh, and everything works fine now. My frame rates aren't exactly the best o_o but it'll suffice.

But w/e. I have my faptop also with a 9800M GS 512MB.