Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phoenix2

New Server

Guest Phoenix2

Our current zombie server has very long map load times. It can take almost a minute to change the map, making people think the server has crashed. So I tried finding, once again, a new host for this server. I ordered a 40 man from www.Velocity-Servers.net and set it up as a zm server. The map loads were perfectly normal, but there was a serious problem.

The reason we moved our zm server from www.Gameservers.com to www.Artofwarcentral.com was because of the mod pulling to much cpu usage on the box, causing extreme in-game lag when 30 or more players were on. One of the techs at AoWC talked to me in chat support and promised me that even with the mod installed, there should be no more than 75% cpu usage. If more cpu power was needed, they would kindly allocate more resources, thus meaning no lag ever again.

Since Velocity-Servers doesn't give refunds, mad.gif we are stuck with an extra 40 man for another month. I have turned it into a 24/7 cs_office only server.

IP: 65.99.246.20:27015

If it turns out to become a popular server amongst the UV community, we'll keep it.

Thanks

P2

Guest lord yoda

We lluv you P2

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phoenix2 @ Jul 17 2007, 04:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Our current zombie server has very long map load times. It can take almost a minute to change the map, making people think the server has crashed. So I tried finding, once again, a new host for this server. I ordered a 40 man from www.Velocity-Servers.net and set it up as a zm server. The map loads were perfectly normal, but there was a serious problem.

The reason we moved our zm server from www.Gameservers.com to www.Artofwarcentral.com was because of the mod pulling to much cpu usage on the box, causing extreme in-game lag when 30 or more players were on. One of the techs at AoWC talked to me in chat support and promised me that even with the mod installed, there should be no more than 75% cpu usage. If more cpu power was needed, they would kindly allocate more resources, thus meaning no lag ever again.

Since Velocity-Servers doesn't give refunds, mad.gif we are stuck with an extra 40 man for another month. I have turned it into a 24/7 cs_office only server.

IP: 65.99.246.20:27015

If it turns out to become a popular server amongst the UV community, we'll keep it.

Thanks

P2

I think the server is awesome. I think maybe we should set it up like a no cheat server. Disable independent skins etc. I think that would be a lot of fun. Even out the playing field for those of us who don't use skins.

No, disable skins. There's colored models and crap and overlays that can give players an extreme advantage.

(P.S. 700th post!)

Guest Omarjr

Yea, i would love to play on this server. but i also think that office only is boring. maybe like....

De_Dust2 -- Cs_Office 24/7 that would be major funn... wink.gif

Guest LordOfDogtown

anytime UV gets an extra server phoenix makes it office. i think he has a sexual fantasy about it laugh.gif

Guest Omarjr

you know you want me, i work the morning shift.

P2. Make this a special server. Most servers play only Dust2/Dust/Office.

What about all the other maps that valve made?

Such as:

Train

Port

Chateau (sp?)

Havana

and a lot others? It would be a blast. wink.gif

You could call the server... =(UV)= The Lost Maps.

O:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Q_Q (CHEESECAKE) @ Jul 20 2007, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

P2. Make this a special server. Most servers play only Dust2/Dust/Office.

What about all the other maps that valve made?

Such as:

Train

Port

Chateau (sp?)

Havana

and a lot others? It would be a blast. ;)

You could call the server... =(UV)= The Lost Maps.

O:

That is a good idea and I would love it. BUT nobody would ever join and it would be empty all the time. without office or d2 it basically fucks us over.

Guest mystic711

Fox's point is so true you have no idea when i wanna play on a normal server no mods i look for dust or dust 2 office or maybe assault. Assault is so meh so i say keep office, or just dust if its dust it will get play, or mix.