Sign in to follow this  
Pinoy

Accused of hacking?

Hey, I was just wondering why people would accuse you of hacking without any legit proof. I have been vote banned twice already in the WC3 server for playing fair. It just annoys me that I get vote banned for "accused of hacking." I thought VAC2 was suppose to catch hackers? I'm guessing Valve hasn't taken care of this problem fully yet. Also people should understand that this is a modded server. Kills have a chance, and will be ludicrous. I would just like to inform the forums that have some proof or witnesses before you actually go accusing people of hacking or starting a voteban against a person who is playing fair, like me. Thanks.

cuz there stupid and don't know the difference between hacks and skills... unless you really were hacking ohmy.gif oh yeah and VAC doesn't detect every hack cause I know a list of hacks that work (which I dont use of course)

Lmao, yeah I bet. Lol, I wasn't hacking. I've been playing in WC3 server for awhile now. Why would I all of a sudden start using hacks, when I could just own with the races given? Well, Valve should get on that and update their anti-cheat client. Maybe you should give that list to Valve, you'd be doing the whole community a favor biggrin.gif.

Guest Decoy

the biggest problem with valves anti cheat is it doesnt detect a hack on the persons computer unless it is already in the database. by which i mean valve actually takes hacks, gets the crc, and logs them. when a player injects the hack the crc is stored in the memory and what valve does is checks the memory for known crcs. if it spots one on a client it flags them and bans them at a later time (it allows them to continue for a short time so they think the hack is undetected and can report that to other cheaters). the reason lots of hacks go undetected is because lots of people make their own cheats which remain undetected because vale cant get the crcs. plus there are also private cheats which stay within groups of people that make them.

at least that is what ive heard from steambans and other sources.

it would be better if vac did not exist, in my oppinion, because then cheaters could be easily identified by use of some server implemented cheat

such as xspectate which was used in earlier hl based games, until vac started banning people on servers with xspectate

Hmm, I don't know about removing VAC completely, at least it got rid of some of the hackers that were using known hacks at the time. All in all though, I really hate it when you aren't using hacks and you get accused of it. I know you have been a victim of that, Decoy, as I as well. Wouldn't there be a piece of code that all hacks use that VAC can scan for? As I'm only throwing ideas out there, please leave your destructive criticism to yourself.

Guest Decoy

i dont think they can do that because most of the cheats are hard wired into the game. the cheats simply force settings, in various different ways, that are blocked by the server. also the files used in video drivers can be targeted making it so it just ignores software restrictions completely. its also very easy to take a hack and edit it so that it is no longer detected by vac.

yes it sucks getting accused, especially by uv members who rally against you using the influence they posses having the uv tag, and threaten to voteban you every time you join the server, but i think the chance of a perma ban without a very convincing demo is unlikely. i have suspected people but cant be bothered to make a demo because its just too easy to hide it if you really want to. i would have to download and modify a hack and then risk getting vac banned just to try and catch them, and even still it might be hard to catch them.

all i have to say is they are going to have to stop abusing voteban or it might get taken away from them. i would hope anyways.

i get called a hacker and bullshitter all the time, never got votebanned though lol, anyway, just let it go they are only 30 min bans, just come back and own again, im sorry it happens though :/