Sign in to follow this  
Madbagel

My trip to a small abandoned water plant.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

(and possibly Clay, soon!)

You bet your ass! Me and Mike are gonna host the images on the UG website if you wanna host your originals there. Sure beats FreeWebs.

Those are some really cool pics dude. I actually go to alot of places like that for work sometimes. Old abandoned pumping stations and stuff, it is amazing how nature completely takes over in just a few years. One of the places I had to inspect was this pumping station that went underground about 150'...Kids would break the locks and go down there, usually could find some leftover drug stuff. This one place must have been the scene of some crime years ago though because there were bullet holes in the wall and old caution tape that, through the years, deposited its self into the corner.

Anyway, I enjoyed looking through them, kind of reminded me of playing HL2.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Madmartigan @ Mar 23 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Those are some really cool pics dude. I actually go to alot of places like that for work sometimes. Old abandoned pumping stations and stuff, it is amazing how nature completely takes over in just a few years. One of the places I had to inspect was this pumping station that went underground about 150'...Kids would break the locks and go down there, usually could find some leftover drug stuff. This one place must have been the scene of some crime years ago though because there were bullet holes in the wall and old caution tape that, through the years, deposited its self into the corner.

Anyway, I enjoyed looking through them, kind of reminded me of playing HL2.

Pics? Sounds cool.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wookie @ Mar 23 2009, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Pics? Sounds cool.

Yeah, sure...I have to have a reason to go back though. It was a project for the city, they wanted to replace the old pumping stations because the pressure drops so heavily during peak hours of the day, and people were getting low water pressure. I'm sure there are pictures somewhere on one of the network drives at work, I'll have to find them and post em because actually getting access to the pumping station would require getting a key from the department of public works

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Succulent Meats @ Mar 23 2009, 09:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

EDIT: I'm immature.

LOLWUT?

I miss urbaning in my woods, me and some buddies found this really creepy doll factory about a mile deep in the woods. One day we went there with co2 bb guns and gear. Was fucking SCARY exploring that shit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Santa' @ Mar 23 2009, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

LOLWUT?

I miss urbaning in my woods, me and some buddies found this really creepy doll factory about a mile deep in the woods. One day we went there with co2 bb guns and gear. Was fucking SCARY exploring that shit.

You should see the first mill here. There are at least 30 enormous windows, every single one is bricked up. Oh well, no use trying to describe it with text, I'll get pictures whenever I can. The mills are terrifying, we'll have to wait for picturess of those because I don't have the balls to go by myself. :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DCLsK @ Mar 23 2009, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You should see the first mill here. There are at least 30 enormous windows, every single one is bricked up. Oh well, no use trying to describe it with text, I'll get pictures whenever I can. The mills are terrifying, we'll have to wait for picturess of those because I don't have the balls to go by myself. :(

Same here. Im gonna at least check out that mall this weekend. It could be win. Ill keep you posted! Also, read my post above Bagel!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Clay @ Mar 23 2009, 08:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You bet your ass! Me and Mike are gonna host the images on the UG website if you wanna host your originals there. Sure beats FreeWebs.

Sounds good! It would probably save me a ton of quality too. Don't worry, I'll cut the size down, just not as drastically as Freewebs did.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoinStar13 @ Mar 23 2009, 07:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I post my shots in threads with irrelevant titles; you see them once in a while.

you need to come down here and take me exploring with you asshat. you said you were gonna come down here. :D

Actually, I'm probably going to make another thread for the new shots.

Here's a few shots of the mill I want to go to (not my shots, I found them on Google).

2374877835_131fd588ce.jpg

2376736780_f8561dbe05.jpg

2378595351_d35684d545.jpg

39448415.Manchester_Park_dsc_0005_DCE.jpg

I <3 my mill, she's my pride and joy.

Check it.

Before:

IMG_1511.JPG

After:

IMG_1547.JPG

Before:

IMG_1488.JPG

After:

IMG_1548.JPG

Before:

IMG_1507.JPG

After:

IMG_1549.JPG

Before:

IMG_1487.JPG

After:

IMG_1579.JPG

This place has changed amazing fast, I was shocked, all of that happened within a few weeks. Also, any idea on what kind of bird that is?