Sign in to follow this  
UltimateOreo

As it stands

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Lesbian Dad @ Mar 16 2009, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

so long time members still have to apply for ranks? i would still like to see the rank system be revamped too or perhaps giving people who have been here longer some kind of recongition

Me too. Besides P2, there isn't a single leader that has been here long than me, and a few others that stayed with us. I'm not saying they didn't deserve it, I think they were perfect for the job, I'm just saying, I've been here a very long time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DCLsK @ Mar 16 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Me too. Besides P2, there isn't a single leader that has been here long than me, and a few others that stayed with us. I'm not saying they didn't deserve it, I think they were perfect for the job, I'm just saying, I've been here a very long time.

yea...can't we have like the UV elders or something? i just don't think all the bases have been rounded and not all things have been considered. if we are going to start changing things, don't you think everything deserves another look too?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DCLsK @ Mar 16 2009, 07:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You don't get leader for sitting around; you need to work for it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoinStar13 @ Mar 16 2009, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You don't get leader for sitting around; you need to work for it.

I haven't been just 'sitting' around, and either way, doesn't loyalty mean anything? I've given my suggestions, and without power there isn't much more I can do. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not begging for power, I'm begging for a chance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DCLsK @ Mar 16 2009, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I haven't been just 'sitting' around, and either way, doesn't loyalty mean anything? I've given my suggestions, and without power there isn't much more I can do. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not begging for power, I'm begging for a chance.

You will get a chance.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DCLsK @ Mar 16 2009, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

agreed. us longtime members have shown our support and this ranking system gives us little in return, and having to work to a rank which should've been readily attainable based on our loyalty and support.

Once we get this "stage" done Im sure the rest will be done quicker and much more smoothly. Once the clan is calmed down and weve got the most important things fixd Im sure well have some time to place people in the proper rank Lesbian. Oreos been itching to do it for some time now but it takes a lot of time and we ran into the problem that caused some of the recent events.

I think someone already said this, but right now this is about restructuring our leadership system-- i swear to god, the next person that mentions the rank system gets hung. We know you guys dont like it, and the new leadership can decide how they want to deal with it. We've made our suggestions and because of our old system nothing got done. Give it a rest until we're done transitioning.

Advisors would get forum mod, yeah. But keep in mind we don't need seven forum mods, plus the JCS-- some people won't be keeping their Advisor positions. Sorry, but you need to be prepared for that possibility.

As good as "equality" in ranking sounds it can also backfire completely. I trust that you will choose new leadership positions wisely seeing as how you have been here a good while. Also be on the watch for power hungry people looking to move up. I personally think this sounds a bit...sketch, but I suppose we will just have to wait and see what happens. Hopefully it doesn't turn into complete chaos with all the JCS having the same amount of power without any leadership to over see them. Even with this shift in leadership people will still be relying on you to pull this community through Oreo. If the plan fails or isn't favorable for the community it will fall onto you to fix.

As for myself, I might have thought about resigning in the drama that took place, but in reality where the fuck else would I go? If I leave this clan I will likely play a lot less counter-strike and drown in my boredom.

*EDIT* Don't hang me I didn't see your post and I just wanted to put my two cents in. :o

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SOSBrigade @ Mar 16 2009, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

If people still complain about our clan structure after this we should go beat his ass.

There is always going to be at least one person who is unsatisfied with the workings.

Oh jesus christ!!!!!!!!! -ESPLODES-

I wasn't saying that I was opposed, I was merely contemplating the possible failures of this type of plan. I've seen clans with "equality" before and I was just expressing my doubts. I've only been in the clan for about 3 months and I don't expect my opinion to count for much so I wanted to just throw in my two cents. Don't get me wrong, if anyone here has the dedication to fix this it would probably be Oreo and some of the other higher ups in the clan. Either way I don't plan on leaving...SO DON'T PUNISH ME UNJUSTLY. :huh:

*Postscript*

Also, I didn't bash the previous clan structure, personally I actually thought it was pretty nice. Reminded me of some sort of democracy. You can't blame the structure failing because of the highest power not living up to his title. Besides I wouldn't blame P2 for his addiction to EVE. He might even come back one of these days, we all have had those shameful moments of addiction when it comes to MMORPGs (Mine being maplestory...fail <_<)

Well I know my opinion doesnt matter much but I still think there should be ONE person who has more power then new JCS Supervisor. One person that can pull the plug if anything goes wrong.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Santa' @ Mar 16 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Well I know my opinion doesnt matter much but I still think there should be ONE person who has more power then new JCS Supervisor. One person that can pull the plug if anything goes wrong.

Like a person who has the same power as everyone else, but can just, stop everything, in case something goes wrong? Just like that? I believe that's what P2 will have, and it sounds like a very good fail-safe to me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DCLsK @ Mar 16 2009, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Like a person who has the same power as everyone else, but can just, stop everything, in case something goes wrong? Just like that? I believe that's what P2 will have, and it sounds like a very good fail-safe to me.

A good fail safe? I thought that people left due to his inactivity... hardly a good fail-safe. Maybe have a few fail safes eh? Sounds more reasonable.

*Edit* Ultimately the decisions need to be thought out by whos in charge now and hopefully they take a lot of this into account when they finally reach a decision. Until then this is MagicRatt signing out. B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MagicRatt @ Mar 16 2009, 09:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

A good fail safe? I thought that people left due to his inactivity... hardly a good fail-safe. Maybe have a few fail safes eh? Sounds more reasonable.

*Edit* Ultimately the decisions need to be thought out by whos in charge now and hopefully they take a lot of this into account when they finally reach a decision. Until then this is MagicRatt signing out. B)

I don't necessarily mean HIM having it, just the principle is good. Maybe all the JCS' (assuming they're the highest authority), would be better than just one person in particular. No?

Sounds good to me. Hopefully the clan will get stronger again over time.

*EDIT*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

I don't necessarily mean HIM having it, just the principle is good. Maybe all the JCS' (assuming they're the highest authority), would be better than just one person in particular. No?

I agree with this statement also. If P2 ever needs another extended "break", someone should have the paypal info to take care of stuff while he's gone.

Does anybody get the picture in their head that this clan is kind of scrambled now,not in a bad way though.

Just....not in a straight line.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shocker @ Mar 16 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Does anybody get the picture in their head that this clan is kind of scrambled now,not in a bad way though.

Just....not in a straight line.

Yes, but It'll get sorted out. Just give it some time.

Sign in to follow this