Phoenix

The Gaza - Isreal Confrontations

Which side are you for?

What I do not want to see:

Hatred

Antisemitism

Racism

Generalization

Due to my poor English, I can't make a good argument, but here is my opinion.

I'm someone who is neutral, that tries to find peace between the confrontations. I never base my opinions on media. Yes I'm Jewish, but I'm pro-peace. I want this "war" to stop.

Guest Fohacidal

I think Isreal should annex up the Golan Heights and the entire Sinai as well, including the Gaza Strip

My mom is Jewish, hence I am considered a full blown Jew as far as Israel is concerned

I use to be 100% towards the Israeli's side(I love Israel, <_<) but after talking with others I have slowly changed my mind

First, I was like "..." when the entire world was like "OMG ISRAEL ATTACKED!"

I believe the best analogy was if the small dog keeps biting at the big dog, you should't be surprised when it bites back."

That being said after I've debated with a few people and heard their arguments, I am pretty sure the US gave the Afghani and Iraqi civilians at least 12-24 hours notice to flee the city/area and if they were still there then they were considered an enemy target/militant/it is their own fault for staying there

That would be the one thing I disagree with the Israeli's for doing

But on that note, fuck all the arabs who are like "Ooh poor Palestinians, the Israeli's are so cruel to them, Lets blow up Israel to help them out"

The other Arab country's never gave 2 fucking shits about the Palestinians until the Israeli's showed up. I'm 100% positive if you look it up you will see that other Arab countries murdered the Palestinians as well.

That being said, we are a huge role in the matter considering most of the weapons that blew up the Gazaians(I doubt thats correct) were from us. But as far as the conflict is concerned, the Israeli's are smart mother fuckers. The fact that they're still around proves that, and they knew that since Bush was still president and Obama was not president yet they could get away with attacking Gaza.

As far as it's concerned I don't feel bad for Hamas and I wish the Israeli's had done more damage. The fact that one of the main principles of Hamas that was founded on was the destruction of the state of Israeli.

I also loled at the Iranians and other countries who "Declared Victory Over The Treacherous Israeli's" when a cease fire was formed. I think they forgot that the Israeli's lost less then a hundred people and in Hamas' "Heroic Struggle" they caused 5,000 people to die.

Just my thoughts

I dunno, I disagree that isreal should have ever been created. then again, portions of my family are palistinian so i dont imagine my veiw is unclouded so i couldnt really give an objective opinion besides that i dont believe any war, is a good war.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cider @ Feb 28 2009, 01:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I dunno, I disagree that isreal should have ever been created. then again, portions of my family are palistinian so i dont imagine my veiw is unclouded so i couldnt really give an objective opinion besides that i dont believe any war, is a good war.

What's done is done, the British have caused hundreds of thousands to people to die from forming Israel and separating Pakistan from India

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SwitchBlade @ Feb 28 2009, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

There is no solution to this conflict, they will continue fighting until it escalates into a gigantic world war and we are all screwed...

Not if Iran nukes Israel

If the Israeli's know that a nuke is on the way from one arab country, I would be willing to bet they will launch every single one of their nukes and take down all of the Muslim countries with them

I used to be all for Israel and I understand that the US is willing to do probably whatever is necessary to keep an ally in the Middle East but after reading some books (one specifically - Body of Secrets by James Bamford) it became apparent to me that Israel has a bit more explaining to do when it comes to attacking other countries. It was specifically noted by Bamford that the NSA had a spy ship off the coast of Israel when they attacked Egypt and whatever other country way back when; it was the 6-day War I believe (I'm a little lost on the dates and too lazy to them up =P). The Israelies knew about the ship, knew it was American, knew it was a spy ship that was probably intercepting their communications and deliberately attacked it because at they time they were committing what would be considered as war crimes (executing enemy soldiers that surrendered) or at the very least violations of the Geneva Convention. From everything that I've read Israel was clearly the aggressor.

Now I'm not sure if that is the situation here or not but if history is any indication then Israel honestly needs to figure out a new foreign policy strategy and the US needs to stop helping them out if they continue to attack without provocation.

Just as an end not though, I have to agree with the other people who said this war needs to be over.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (agrippa472 @ Mar 2 2009, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I used to be all for Israel and I understand that the US is willing to do probably whatever is necessary to keep an ally in the Middle East but after reading some books (one specifically - Body of Secrets by James Bamford) it became apparent to me that Israel has a bit more explaining to do when it comes to attacking other countries. It was specifically noted by Bamford that the NSA had a spy ship off the coast of Israel when they attacked Egypt and whatever other country way back when; it was the 6-day War I believe (I'm a little lost on the dates and too lazy to them up =P). The Israelies knew about the ship, knew it was American, knew it was a spy ship that was probably intercepting their communications and deliberately attacked it because at they time they were committing what would be considered as war crimes (executing enemy soldiers that surrendered) or at the very least violations of the Geneva Convention. From everything that I've read Israel was clearly the aggressor.

Now I'm not sure if that is the situation here or not but if history is any indication then Israel honestly needs to figure out a new foreign policy strategy and the US needs to stop helping them out if they continue to attack without provocation.

Just as an end not though, I have to agree with the other people who said this war needs to be over.

Israeli's killed Americans? Sounds like an interesting story to read, I've never heard about it 0_o

but Israel does not care about war crimes, in a way I understand why, and in a way I'm against them. Like what I said about them not giving a warning to the civilians. In their defense, if an Israeli is captured civilian or spy he is going to be tortured for hours before being killed and his or her chance of survival is little to nothing

So I think they return the favor to the other people in the Middle East

Although I do not agree with this =/

I do not have much knowledge pertaining to the confrontations, but from what I can understand, it seems Israel is more than justified for protecting itself from nearby countries and as such I back them. They're getting hit from all sides, there's not much else they can do.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wookie @ Mar 2 2009, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I do not have much knowledge pertaining to the confrontations, but from what I can understand, it seems Israel is more than justified for protecting itself from nearby countries and as such I back them. They're getting hit from all sides, there's not much else they can do.

Only getting hit because a power that didn't understand the region plotted out a piece of land in the middle of one of the most volatile regions of the world and told all the inhabitants to GTFO or identify as a citizen of the new nation.

Go Palestine.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Junzou @ Mar 2 2009, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Only getting hit because a power that didn't understand the region plotted out a piece of land in the middle of one of the most volatile regions of the world and told all the inhabitants to GTFO or identify as a citizen of the new nation.

Go Palestine.

Jews deserve their land, screw the palestinians

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Mar 3 2009, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Jews deserve their land, screw the palestinians

The Jews lost 6 million people due to the Germans and with assistance from the Arab Countries(Go look it up, they wanted the Holocaust to move faster)

Not to mention the Palestinians were being slaughtered by the arabs far before the Jews arrived

/shrug

There's a reason Israel is still around, the Mossad makes the CIA look like a toddler and they have spies in every major spy agency and Arab country

Maybe they should have got Poland, or some part of Germany, but they should have got something. They went for the hail mary and asked for their religious homeland and the Brits obliged.

Now I think the process should have gone smoother, but it didn't, and there's nothing you can change about that now. But saying that, there's radicals on both sides. One of the best Israeli Prime Ministers(I believe that is what they are called) was too Pro-Palenstian in the... 90's? 80s? I believe it was the 90's and he was on his way to making peace with them and giving some land back and he was shot by a radical Jewish college student because he was "a traitor to the Jews"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phoenix @ Mar 3 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I heard the new president of Israel is a pro-is real, they hate Palestinians. This isn't good for peace.

No offense to anyone beliving there is going to be peace in the middle east

It won't happen

Ever

Before we were in the Middle East it wasn't happening(The Northern Aliance actually bombed the Taliban on the day of 9/11, it had been happening for a while)

The fighting between factions of Islam had been going on long before we got there, for centuries really and it isn't going to stop.

At best you can hope for a cease fire/truce, but at most it won't hold past 5-10 years - max - if your insanely lucky and people are working together

The only reason most of the Arab countries aren't killing each other right now is they have a bigger common enemy aka Israel, to a lesser degree the United States/Britain, and to an even lesser degree some countries in Europe.

Not to mention Iran(The Persians) want Israel dead and are using the Arab Muslims as their allies but in all reality they don't give a shit about the Palenstians. If they had a chance to nuke Israel right now and every single Palenstian around Israel died as well they would't care at all considering that they are Persian and have never really liked the Palestians.

I apologize for spelling Palenstian wrong <_<

Before Obama's presidency is up I'm betting there will be a huge conflict involving America, Israel, and the Middle East(Not counting the obvious war in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Gaza/Israeli rocket fire/retaliation)

I was really confused when I heard about how Israel's election process works, but I believe Phoenix is correct that they elected an educated and very Pro-Israel and Anti-Hatred(Best way to describe it I guess) because many Israeli's were frightened by the Hamas.

Personally, I don't see why Israel and America haven't just torn Hamas to shreds. If a organization(if you want to even call them that) believed that my country did not have the right to exist and threatened us daily it probably would't spark a very long peace.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Junzou @ Mar 3 2009, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You're right, Jews deserve their land-- so why are we putting them on someone else's?

For the lulz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JDDZip @ Mar 3 2009, 03:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

No offense to anyone beliving there is going to be peace in the middle east

It won't happen

Ever

Before we were in the Middle East it wasn't happening(The Northern Aliance actually bombed the Taliban on the day of 9/11, it had been happening for a while)

The fighting between factions of Islam had been going on long before we got there, for centuries really and it isn't going to stop.

At best you can hope for a cease fire/truce, but at most it won't hold past 5-10 years - max - if your insanely lucky and people are working together

The only reason most of the Arab countries aren't killing each other right now is they have a bigger common enemy aka Israel, to a lesser degree the United States/Britain, and to an even lesser degree some countries in Europe.

Not to mention Iran(The Persians) want Israel dead and are using the Arab Muslims as their allies but in all reality they don't give a shit about the Palenstians. If they had a chance to nuke Israel right now and every single Palenstian around Israel died as well they would't care at all considering that they are Persian and have never really liked the Palestians.

I apologize for spelling Palenstian wrong <_<

Before Obama's presidency is up I'm betting there will be a huge conflict involving America, Israel, and the Middle East(Not counting the obvious war in Iraq, Afghanistan, and the Gaza/Israeli rocket fire/retaliation)

I was really confused when I heard about how Israel's election process works, but I believe Phoenix is correct that they elected an educated and very Pro-Israel and Anti-Hatred(Best way to describe it I guess) because many Israeli's were frightened by the Hamas.

Personally, I don't see why Israel and America haven't just torn Hamas to shreds. If a organization(if you want to even call them that) believed that my country did not have the right to exist and threatened us daily it probably would't spark a very long peace.

whoa whoa zip, the area wasnt the epic all continuing battleground we all think it has always been before the 1920's the area had a diverse multi-religious culture that functioned perfectly fine. sure the religious fued has always been there, but they were more into tolerance back then, expecting whomevers god to prove the other guy wrong in the end, while going about their lives.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cider @ Mar 4 2009, 01:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

whoa whoa zip, the area wasnt the epic all continuing battleground we all think it has always been before the 1920's the area had a diverse multi-religious culture that functioned perfectly fine. sure the religious fued has always been there, but they were more into tolerance back then, expecting whomevers god to prove the other guy wrong in the end, while going about their lives.

They weren't exactly tolerant of each other's religion, but they were probably more tolerant since there is no way they could be any less tolerant then they are right now.

The Arab's unified back then to stop the Europeans from fucking up their country

Even though they still did

@ Junzou

The Jews never fought the war, they never picked up a gun, formed their army, and got conquered

They got slaughtered by the millions as civilians who were going about their everyday lives

Unless my mind is drawing a blank, name me a people or country that fought in other wars that didn't have a resistance force, or an army, and lost 6 million+ people?

The Jews were assimilating fine before World War II happened, how do you expect them to do that again after losing everything they owned?

I also loled at this website

http://www.change.org/profile/108928/wall

Those were some interesting points brought up 0_o

I can't tell if half of them are bullshit or not

There will be always war waging in the holy land of multiple religions. Still all of this violence, in the past and now was always religion. If everyone just believed in the same GOD then none of this would happen seriously. I'm for Israel personally with everyone going "oh shit those jews are attacking the poor palestinians," but I go so what if you give Palestinians guns they'll attack the israelies. As well those muslim countries never gave a **** about the palestinians anyways there just doing it to get the media to attack Israel and get people to be on their side ( religion) of the conflict ensuing. Oh yeah both sides might say it's not religion, but come on you can probably figure that it's cover up straight up.

- I do not mean to offend anyone if I have then I am sorry.