Sign in to follow this  
niC-

Life as a Marine

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Feb 28 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Who fuckin cares if it's Marine or marine. the video is funny and pretty true to the way things are in the Corps. Lots and lots of dumb asses like him. You only can really know if you are a part of it. Starscream, MindSpring, and EvilLlama are the only two that know what I mean by that. I think that most of you have a common misconception about the Marine Corps. It's not what you guys think it is. Yes, we fuck shit up and blow everything up. But we aren't green barets. We aren't multilingual and super smart. We just are a bunch of dumb asses who are told to do a certain job with the shittiest equipment available and the least amount of time to do it in. That is the best description I can come up with. And about being disappointed about the video and the shit that he does to the kids, that is a day to day thing that happens all the time. For some reason you guys all think its all honor and integrity. It's just not how it is.

That doesn't mean it makes it right. They're supposed to be role models, correct? I'm more grateful than anybody for anybody serving overseas, but exploiting these people for their amusement really strikes me the wrong way.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatb0y @ Feb 28 2009, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

They are just a bunch of 18 - 26 year olds fuckin around trying to entertain themselves.

i hear it gets pretty boring over there.

Yea pretty much, Id like to see some of you guys get stationed over there for years at a time and not try to amuse yourself in anyway possible to psychologically cope with the discontent you build up.

It's not like this is the only outlet, a lot of the stuff they did was fine, but when they started making the children say that crap is what angered me. It didn't harm anybody, but being a marine is supposed to stand for something, and quite frankly, I think this is a poor representation of the marine core as a whole.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Feb 28 2009, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Starscream, MindSpring, and EvilLlama are the only two that know what I mean by that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

We aren't multilingual and super smart. We just are a bunch of dumb asses

Assertion AND confirmation = win.

I didn't see anything wrong with the video to be honest. It's a bunch of guys in the asshole of the world, marching around getting mortared and sniped at without having a clear target to strike back at all of the time. I laughed at the part where they were bitching about marching around, and the cameraman points at the mountains and says "I've been up there. 'Course I have. *swivels to another mountain* Been up there too."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltimateOreo @ Feb 28 2009, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

That doesn't mean it makes it right. They're supposed to be role models, correct? I'm more grateful than anybody for anybody serving overseas, but exploiting these people for their amusement really strikes me the wrong way.

Its the government oreo. They sheild there corruptness with promises of morality and heroism.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatb0y @ Feb 28 2009, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

facepalm.jpg

moar like universal facepalm, I cant believe how fail that comment was...

facepalm.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Santa' @ Feb 28 2009, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Its the government oreo. They sheild there corruptness with promises of morality and heroism.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UltimateOreo @ Mar 1 2009, 12:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Come on guys, stop the flamebait.

alright, fine..

lets see, how is a marine entertaining himself corrupt?

Does the government shield its corruptness with promises of better things? possibly, but i don't know.

Is it relevant? no its not. The abrupt and irrelevant comment is what made me facepalm you the first time. Apparently Foh agreed and gave you a super facepalm.

Then you followed up with your comment about how "everyone has their own opinion about the governemnt". that is probably true.

Yet again how is that relevant? its not, therefore i followed up with the second facepalm.

Also, i don't see why being in the armed forces makes you a role model? I mean your basically a mercenary getting shit pay. The role model part about serving in a military is the fact that your being patriotic, but there are probably plenty of other things you can do to be patriotic.

P.S. your first comment was not only abrupt and irrelevant, but it was also feebleminded.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatb0y @ Mar 1 2009, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

alright, fine..

lets see, how is a marine entertaining himself corrupt?

Does the government shield its corruptness with promises of better things? possibly, but i don't know.

Is it relevant? no its not. The abrupt and irrelevant comment is what made me facepalm you the first time. Apparently Foh agreed and gave you a super facepalm.

Then you followed up with your comment about how "everyone has their own opinion about the governemnt". that is probably true.

Yet again how is that relevant? its not, therefore i followed up with the second facepalm.

Also, i don't see why being in the armed forces makes you a role model? I mean your basically a mercenary getting shit pay. The role model part about serving in a military is the fact that your being patriotic, but there are probably plenty of other things you can do to be patriotic.

P.S. your first comment was not only abrupt and irrelevant, but it was also feebleminded.

Seconded

I show respect to the Marine Corps, I do NOT show respect to some asshole marine that makes fun of children just because of where they live and their inability to understand his language.

So, if any of you think I don't respect the Armed Forces, shove it. I do, both my parents where in the Military, and I'm proud to be their son. However, when people like that shithead in the video make children do what they did, and say some shitty camera is worth more than a child's life, than yea, I'm gonna get angry because he is a stupid fuck.

The flaimbait was the facepalm pictures, not needed...

Anyway, being in the armed forces does make you a role model. You represent our country, and are usually fighting for either our freedom or somebody elses.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Santa' @ Mar 1 2009, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Ciders sig.

bailoutmascot.jpg

Seriously keep it on topic

You guys just don't get it. I could try and explain to you all day, but you just can't possibly understand until you are there. You guys think you know but you don't.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Mar 1 2009, 12:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You guys just don't get it. I could try and explain to you all day, but you just can't possibly understand until you are there. You guys think you know but you don't.

i believe this to be true.