Sign in to follow this  
bios

Legalize it!

It's funny how it's illegal, yet the gov still collects taxes on it already

Why legalize it when they can already tax you on it?

ok people figure it out!

all the money spent on search an seizure, prosecution, and incarceration saved would fix the economy within a couple years

not to mention the sales!! id gladly pay 60 an eighth for some bomb governmentally grown herb!!!

all the money spent on the war on drugs? cartels wont have any weed business

its just the fact that people grow it themselves is why they wont legalize it

if they would legalize it and still keep growing it illegal would be fine

i mean you dont see people growing their own tobacco and not too many people make their own brew

but hell you might see that in ny with the prics reaching almost $8 a pack

look at salvia.. that shit fucks the hell out of you and its legal

it leaves you in a kind of incoherent coma for 10 min(depending on strength)

does weed really need to be in the same category as heroin an coke?

thats ridiculous

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (~DanK~ @ Apr 23 2009, 07:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

ok people figure it out!

all the money spent on search an seizure, prosecution, and incarceration saved would fix the economy within a couple years

not to mention the sales!! id gladly pay 60 an eighth for some bomb governmentally grown herb!!!

i mean you dont see people growing their own tobacco and not too many people make their own brew

thats ridiculous

i mean californias economy alone is what, 2/3rds of weed sales

if they ever eradicated the plant the economy would completely crash

heard it on a cnbc special

lol taped that shit on my dvr

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (~DanK~ @ Apr 23 2009, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

ok people figure it out!

thats ridiculous

Would you pay $75-90 an eigth? Think if it goes commercial, that means they have to pay tax on each eigth, plus they probably act more like a middle man so to pay for rent they would need to increase the price.

yeah but with like everything else

the more sold eventually means lower prices

(edit, except gas lol)

this was interesting.

"A national legalization effort would save nearly $13 billion annually in enforcement costs and bring in $7 billion in yearly tax revenues, according to a study by Harvard University economist Jeffrey Miron. Since California represents 13 percent of the U.S. economy, those numbers suggest the state could save $1.7 billion in enforcement costs and nab up to $1 billion in revenues. That doesn't include any indirect revenues as, for example, rural farming communities grow or marijuana tourism, which has been lucrative for the Netherlands, takes off."

"The bill would additionally prohibit state and local law officials from enforcing federal marijuana laws. As for Step Two -- profit -- Ammiano's bill calls for "establishing a fee on the sale of marijuana at a rate of $50 per ounce." Mecke said that would bring in roughly $1 billion for the state, according to estimates made by marijuana advocacy organizations"

fuck amsterdam if it was legalized here, THIS WOULD BE THE MECCA of weed

I hope they dont legalize it... If they do then our government is basically saying "you can cry about going to jail about drugs and we will legalize it to make you cry babies happy"...

This discussion has been around for years. Next you will all cry about making meth legal since you make it yourself so you should be able to do whatever you make right?

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (*DEAD* @ Apr 30 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I hope they dont legalize it... If they do then our government is basically saying "you can cry about going to jail about drugs and we will legalize it to make you cry babies happy"...

This discussion has been around for years. Next you will all cry about making meth legal since you make it yourself so you should be able to do whatever you make right?

Its the hazards concerning each drug and your incessant need to play along with dumb rez's that kills your argument. Meth is lethal, pot isnt

Sure, prices may fall for some strains by some growers, but the really high end strains I'm sure are still going to hold their value. Maybe not as high, but still probably like $65 an eighth.

Comparing Meth and Cannabis is just whacky. Cannabis is a plant you can just grow and harvest. Meth, you need to melt stuff and do a whole bunch of other things with unstable materials that as stated earlier, can blow your house up.

Amphetamines are legal you just need a prescription...

(amphetamines and meth have pretty much the same effect, except you can't smoke amphetamines)

yeah well weeds not a drug anyway haha

drugs have recipes

im sure next generation will legalize it

more an more people are using it everyday

someday it will just be common

Once one person disagrees with you guys you all get pissy. I dont want it legal. It wont be legal. If it ever was then I can guarantee you that a large majority will protest until its illegal again. Thats basically what i said before. You cry to the law until you get what you want.

So you guys cry about legalizing pot. Ok so maybe it will be legalized. But then the protesters will cry about making it legal and it will probably go back to being illegal. Then you cry some more and so on. Why would our government give in to your demands and tears? It wont happen. They love arresting you guys on marijuana charges. Shit, even I love it. I enjoy hearing the stories from community services workers about how they got there due to it.

And even if they do legalize it, you guys arent even thinking about the laws for it. You just assume that once its legal it will be fun. Well if its legal, it will probably still be ILLEGAL to grow your own. Probably still be illegal to have more than so many ounces on you. And it will probably be for ages 21+ like alcohol. And then the kids will still be getting arrested for it. Either way you can cry all you want. But if they legalize it, i hope they make it annoying lol. Like "dont smoke and drive"... This means you wont be able to smoke a cigarette and drive because police could pull you over and assume its pot.

A lot of things need to be done before legalizing it. Trust me. This wont be legalized anytime soon.

But i gotta agree. It gets more common everyday. Idk why they say certain things are illegal. Why dont they just make illegal things banned? So if you're even caught with a little bit you will go to prison for life. This will change our society and basically scare our community into never touching anything illegal... Our government is retarded.

Sounds to me like you're the one getting upset because we don't take your side. How can you say it would be illegal to grow? A lot of us have thought about how the laws for it would happen as some of us already legally do it. So your comment about it being illegal to grow is pretty much you not thinking about how it would be legalized. Take into consderation that you can ALREADY grow legally. There are rules for it in place already. They have been brought up before but I guess you just choose not to read it. With a doctor's note (no reason if it gets legal you would need one) you can legally grow up to 12 immature plants and 6 mature plants. You can't drive while under the influence, but it is not easy to determine if you are, so it's really hard to prove a case. If anything it will be 18+ as that is the requirement for getting a doctor's recommendation (some exceptions apply). I really doubt you will get pulled over for smoking a cig because they think it's a joint, but if you're smoking out of a bong I guarantee that you will be pulled over.

So illegal things are to be banned and if you break it you go to jail for life? So you mean if you smoke a cig at age 17 you will be arrested and thrown into jail for the rest of your life? Sounds like a dictatorship.

As for crying about it and getting the government to change it's laws.....Didn't we see a similar thing in the 1920's similar to this? Something was illegal...what was it...can't think of it.....Oh yah, alcohol! We cried about that and they reversed their decesion on it. Why? Alcohol became more dangerous to consume; organized crime blossomed; courts and prisons systems became overloaded; and corruption of police and public officials occurred. Hmm..All this happened because we made something illegal? Makes you wonder why they made pot illegal to begin with. Oh yah....political gain.....aren't scapegoats nice?

Fatboy - I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure it's illegal to smoke your perscription drugs unless it says so. Otherwise it could be considered substance abuse I think? Again, not sure.

First off, i'd like to say. I'm new to the UV #2 WC Server, and UV in general. (Alias is Ecotton, Tactician, or Priest).

I've been smoking for a long time, my dad is a United States Postal Worker. He has been smoking it his entire life, never been caught. He drives his mail-truck daily while stoned, he makes over 800 mailbox stops a day. He is one of the brightest individuals I know. Full of common sense, and lots of knowledge. Weed has absolutely no effect in his everyday life except for winding down to relax, from all the bodily abuse old age has given him.

I am 21 now, I've had a rough start with a cheating ex-gf and 3 kids. The only thing that takes my mind off of the stress is weed. I have a bad back, I take medication legally to ease the pain, but nothing...I MEAN ABSOLUTELY NOTHING I have taken legally compares to weed. Weed takes the pain away for me, it makes me focus on other things besides stress, pain, and heartache.

Indian's and other civilizations have used pestle and mortar (Alchemy) to create medicines and such for centuries. I am of Cherokee Indian blood. I despise mankind for manufacturing most medicines for profiteering. It only causes more problems.

Mother nature provides life. Weed eases my pain.

I choose Mother Nature. Not mankind.

Legalize it.