Sign in to follow this  
bios

Legalize it!

Marijuana has seriously helped my life for the better, I've had severe insomnia problems since I was around 10 or so. Now days I'm on a pretty normal sleep schedule, no longer staying up days on end going to to class or work barely functional. Also found out I had adhd for years through highschool, but apparently smoking made it barely noticeable (atleast grade and class performance-wise). I'd much rather smoke anyways after seeing what drugs like adderol have done to some of my friends.

It's an amazing plant, whether for medical reasons or just recreationally.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blizz @ Mar 8 2009, 05:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Marijuana has seriously helped my life for the better, I've had severe insomnia problems since I was around 10 or so. Now days I'm on a pretty normal sleep schedule, no longer staying up days on end going to to class or work barely functional. Also found out I had adhd for years through highschool, but apparently smoking made it barely noticeable (atleast grade and class performance-wise). I'd much rather smoke anyways after seeing what drugs like adderol have done to some of my friends.

It's an amazing plant, whether for medical reasons or just recreationally.

I agree with everything said here. I had the exact same situation. I switched from adderol to smoking, big difference. I actually slept less because of adderol. Pretty weird.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ExplictX @ Mar 8 2009, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I actually slept less because of adderol.

umm... its because adderol is an amphetamine. you know, like crystal methamphetamine. Its a stimulant, like caffeine.

it keeps you awake, helps you focus, makes you not hungry.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Mar 7 2009, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

6 mature plants and 12 immature plants.

Thats more then enough pot if your intent on just smoking all that for yourself. Is there a restriction on the type that is grown? Or can you have any type?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Santa' @ Mar 8 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Thats more then enough pot if your intent on just smoking all that for yourself. Is there a restriction on the type that is grown? Or can you have any type?

Why would there be a restriction on the type?

you can only have 1 plant of kush, 1 of chronic, the rest has to be stress. /sarcasm

There is no limit on what kinds you can grow, and some people's doctors let them grow more than 6 plants (ive seen recommendations that state its ok for the patient to grow 12 mature plants)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatb0y @ Mar 8 2009, 12:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

umm... its because adderol is an amphetamine. you know, like crystal methamphetamine. Its a stimulant, like caffeine.

it keeps you awake, helps you focus, makes you not hungry.

It didn't help me focus because it would keep me up for days straight =\

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Mar 7 2009, 12:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Actually this is wrong, specially since it IS legal in California. The way it works is you are limited to the amount you can grow, 6 mature plants and 12 immature plants. Im sure this is to prevent ppl from growing so much and just selling the rest. I hear you can get a permit or lisence to grow large amounts for collectives, which is how I am pretty sure it would work if they made it completely legal (gov gets money from taxing the product and from the fees to get lisenced). Pot sellers could still grow and sell and people can still medicate. I say medicate because Smoking is the only way to do it. There are plenty of other ways. One way is to put it in edibles. This means you can have shops that carry nothing but medicated foods or something along those lines. This means ppl can still make money because their food stands out from others. You can start a whole line of edibles and probably make a good deal of money off it.

reason: if it is legalize anyone who has possession of pot will need to turn it in. Why? right now people have pot for what two reasons? 1. smoke it 2. sell it

Why would they have to turn it in?

I know you said your not coming back to read the topic, which seems rather lame that you would just come in and say what you thought without any consideration for what other people say, but i guess as you said you're tired of debating about it *though its your first comment on the subject* Unless you debate about legalizing pot in your class (which i guess is possible)

I'm sorry but i seriously was bored and curious on how many replies my post had and I'm very disappointed with only one reply.

actually you are correct and also wrong about the growing

it is only legal to grow and smoke with proper documentation from a docter which is surprisingly easy to get

but this does not mean you are allowed to sell it

Selling Pot as a vender is only when you have the proper documentations. basically as long as you have all the documentations you might be able to sell pot and get away with it as long as if you are selling it to someone with proper documents from a docter to be prescribed.

why they would have to turn it in?

well if they legalize pot most likely it will be sold more or less like cigars and cigarettes. in a box at a store. Not in a car or at a house. the gov will distribute the pot to the stands that sell it, not home growers having some in their rooms and just sellings it out of their house. If you sold it at your house it would be illegal so to prevent that from happening they would most likely retrieve all pots from all residents. distribute to STORES, stores are heavily taxed * i agree with this * and people buy.

think of pot as alcohol. you are allowed to brew some and drink you are not allowed to sell.

lets say some alcohol company is the gov. the alcohol company will distribute to stores the stores pays for the alcohol and sells at their stands

so pot will be distributed to stores and sold at stands.

you are allowed to grow and smoke but not allowed to sell.

to prevent selling which is a very high probability the gov. will take it away from residents.

Oh and yes I do debate in debate class about the economy and society of the world but mostly USA and California.

I'm normally on the side that holds most con of the debate

I'm blabbing on since I am not fully awake ATM excuse anything that does not make sense or any grammar error

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lieutenanttex @ Mar 8 2009, 08:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I'm sorry but i seriously was bored and curious on how many replies my post had and I'm very disappointed with only one reply.

actually you are correct and also wrong about the growing

it is only legal to grow and smoke with proper documentation from a docter which is surprisingly easy to get

but this does not mean you are allowed to sell it

Selling Pot as a vender is only when you have the proper documentations. basically as long as you have all the documentations you might be able to sell pot and get away with it as long as if you are selling it to someone with proper documents from a docter to be prescribed.

why they would have to turn it in?

well if they legalize pot most likely it will be sold more or less like cigars and cigarettes. in a box at a store. Not in a car or at a house. the gov will distribute the pot to the stands that sell it, not home growers having some in their rooms and just sellings it out of their house. If you sold it at your house it would be illegal so to prevent that from happening they would most likely retrieve all pots from all residents. distribute to STORES, stores are heavily taxed * i agree with this * and people buy.

think of pot as alcohol. you are allowed to brew some and drink you are not allowed to sell.

lets say some alcohol company is the gov. the alcohol company will distribute to stores the stores pays for the alcohol and sells at their stands

so pot will be distributed to stores and sold at stands.

you are allowed to grow and smoke but not allowed to sell.

to prevent selling which is a very high probability the gov. will take it away from residents.

Oh and yes I do debate in debate class about the economy and society of the world but mostly USA and California.

I'm normally on the side that holds most con of the debate

I'm blabbing on since I am not fully awake ATM excuse anything that does not make sense or any grammar error

You can't compare tabacco with cannabis because they are two completely seperate products. Tabacco is completely dried before it is shipped, or processed or w/e so the shelf life doesnt really matter. With cannabis you dont want to buy them completely dry. This means fresher products = higher quality. The longer it sits on the shelf the weaker and less potent it becomes. This is true with cigarretts but they hav ea much longer shelf life. Same with alcohol, infact some even get better the longer they age. There is no cannabis that will get better the longer it sits there. There is always going to be special store that sells high quality probably local grown cannabis, and stores like VONS that will carry the really low end all dried up stuff that ppl who smoke just to smoke will probably get. As you said, you will probably need documentation to sell it which means its not IMPOSSIBLE to become a grower. You just have to know what procedure to follow in order to become a grower. You're typical stoner wouldnt probably go through the hassle of getting this lisence so they will grow themselves, of if their situation prevents them from being able to grow enough (lives in apts, not enough room etc) then they can go ahead and purchase from w/e place will sell them. There will still be PLENTY of ppl who will go through the process in order to become a grower as there will always be a high demand for the product.

What I think is going to be good about legalizing it will be hopefully it won't be the "cool" thing anymore and I won't have to hear "LOLOLOL I'M SO FUCKIN' HIGH LOLOLOL" at school.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ExplictX @ Mar 18 2009, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

What I think is going to be good about legalizing it will be hopefully it won't be the "cool" thing anymore and I won't have to hear "LOLOLOL I'M SO FUCKIN' HIGH LOLOLOL" at school.

That would be a plus, I hate people like that.

fox i agree with you on this subject entirely. Pot should be legalized. I mean people are getting it whether its legal or not, why not just make it legal and tax the hell out of it. At least that way it can be more regulated and provide some form of tax money. That way people who turely need it or just your average pothead can go on smoking w/o having to worry about it being legal or not. I mean i could probably bring up tons of examples and statistics just from my friends alone but i dont think it would be good to post like a 1 page report on why i advocate for legalizing it. So my above summary is just a little bit why i think it should be legalized.

I would like to note that this is not about if SOMETHING IS BAD FOR YOU! Alcohol is a drug, so is caffine, so is nicotin, oxycontin, Ridalin, and so many more are all drugs and all legal. These are bad for you, they have severe consequences, they can damage and will kill you. But then again so will these things, driving, flying, using any electronic device (cancer), the use of cleaning products, the consuption of fast food, the over eating of food, the use of narchotics such as video games (releases the same amout of endorphins as 3 beers over an hour long period, not to mention the fucking TERRIBLE sychological damage it inflicts), listening to loud music, over working your body, underworking your body, the use of skin care products, the use of teeth whiteners, the use of sharp objects such as knives, the use of guns, the use of microwaves (fucking awful for you), the use of a refridgerator, indoor cooling and heating, owning any product or object that is not completely organic, and just about any fucking thing you do. Its not banned because its dangerous, so many things are fucking dangerous as hell, you fucking drive don't you? The point is that the government isn't banning it because they think its dangerous, they are banning it because they haven't found an effective way to control it yet. The government shouldn't be aloud to say "You can't put this into YOUR body", they don't get to make that call. Drugs are simple to obtain, my friend just yesterday picked up extasy pills at the mall, in one of the FUCKING stores, I could by any drug I want, it takes no effort. I can obtain far worse by legal means. I am for the 100% legalization of drugs. I would like to note that I have never engaged in any use of such substances, my visceral hatred for drug laws is spawned out of my visceral love for freedoms.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vegeta @ Apr 6 2009, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I would like to note that this is not about if SOMETHING IS BAD FOR YOU! Alcohol is a drug, so is caffine, so is nicotin, oxycontin, Ridalin, and so many more are all drugs and all legal. These are bad for you, they have severe consequences, they can damage and will kill you. But then again so will these things, driving, flying, using any electronic device (cancer), the use of cleaning products, the consuption of fast food, the over eating of food, the use of narchotics such as video games (releases the same amout of endorphins as 3 beers over an hour long period, not to mention the fucking TERRIBLE sychological damage it inflicts), listening to loud music, over working your body, underworking your body, the use of skin care products, the use of teeth whiteners, the use of sharp objects such as knives, the use of guns, the use of microwaves (fucking awful for you), the use of a refridgerator, indoor cooling and heating, owning any product or object that is not completely organic, and just about any fucking thing you do. Its not banned because its dangerous, so many things are fucking dangerous as hell, you fucking drive don't you? The point is that the government isn't banning it because they think its dangerous, they are banning it because they haven't found an effective way to control it yet. The government shouldn't be aloud to say "You can't put this into YOUR body", they don't get to make that call. Drugs are simple to obtain, my friend just yesterday picked up extasy pills at the mall, in one of the FUCKING stores, I could by any drug I want, it takes no effort. I can obtain far worse by legal means. I am for the 100% legalization of drugs. I would like to note that I have never engaged in any use of such substances, my visceral hatred for drug laws is spawned out of my visceral love for freedoms.

If all that is the case, I should be fucking dead by now.

No, you shouldn't be dead yet. But you most certainly will ^^. I can almost garentee you it will be by one of the things above, most likely via cancer caused by the radiation electronics give off or by a car crash. These things are dangerous and often deadly.

I'm starting to get the feeling it's going to be legalized in my life time at the very least. I was looking at the results of the latest states to try and legalize it for medical use, all the ones that didn't pass failed by maybe 10-20% of the votes. I can't wait for the day I can walk by and say hello to a cop while puffing on a spliff lol