Sign in to follow this  
bios

Legalize it!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BAZ8771 @ Feb 27 2009, 07:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

.......O.o Exactly why NO drug should be legal (aside from prescriptions etc.) Just the fact that you would do something that makes you hallucinate, and then you even have the smallest intent of getting in a car and driving. That just puts hundreds of lives in danger. That may have been the most ignorant statement ive ever heard, honestly. If you're not going to "trip" what is the point of doing it in the first place?! So, therefore, through my infinite powers of deductive reasoning, you have contradicted yourself in saying that it should be legal. You say that you "could drive" while doing it, if you're not "tripping".... but what is the point of doing it in the first place if you're not going to "trip", so why does it matter if it's legal?

oh... also, i don't think that weed should be legal either. I'm not a straight edge, or a little bitch or anything, i just dont like what it does to some people. I've had it happen with a few of my friends. Every fucking word out of their mouth is "dank" or "bowl" or "piece" and i just can not take it.

See, this is exactly why YOU are ignorant. You have never taken mushrooms before, therefore you don't know the feeling you can get without "tripping." I'm not stupid enough to drive on them, but you really can't judge a drug if you've never done it. If I wanted to see crazy shit, I'd be doing LSD...but I don't want to...so I do shrooms instead. You won't see leprechauns or flying cows, you just see things around you altered.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BAZ8771 @ Feb 27 2009, 04:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

.......O.o Exactly why NO drug should be legal (aside from prescriptions etc.) Just the fact that you would do something that makes you hallucinate, and then you even have the smallest intent of getting in a car and driving. That just puts hundreds of lives in danger. That may have been the most ignorant statement ive ever heard, honestly. If you're not going to "trip" what is the point of doing it in the first place?! So, therefore, through my infinite powers of deductive reasoning, you have contradicted yourself in saying that it should be legal. You say that you "could drive" while doing it, if you're not "tripping".... but what is the point of doing it in the first place if you're not going to "trip", so why does it matter if it's legal?

oh... also, i don't think that weed should be legal either. I'm not a straight edge, or a little bitch or anything, i just dont like what it does to some people. I've had it happen with a few of my friends. Every fucking word out of their mouth is "dank" or "bowl" or "piece" and i just can not take it.

Imo ppl who overuse the words dank, bowl, or piece pretty much have nothing going for them anyways. I had a friend that was like this and he was SOOO proud to be what he considered the BIGGEST stoner ever. This guy had problems though from the start with his family constantly moving and his need for acceptance even higher. Imo this doesnt really change the person, the person was like that from the start. Just because they use stoner words (probably because its something they are really into) doesnt mean they are any less of a person. I mean people who use the words bro, dude, and other slang could easily be confused as Surfing messes you up because people overuse the words.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JDDZip @ Feb 27 2009, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Thats what I assumed(I've admitted I've never done Salvia, Shrooms, or LSD)

and I agree with Vortex, you could make a good case against NOT legalizing marijuana if Alcohol was still illegal

Considering Cigs and Alcohol are legal(And Salvia 0_o) pot should be legal

Michigan just passed the law for medical marijuana and I could actually grow it via my mom but I'm pretty sure only a few states have passed the law and unless you have like

Aids, Multiple Sclerosis, Crohn's diease and a few others

Just putting this out there the people who say they drive better stoned because they're more passive and less aggressive, isn't that just saying that your not a very good driver when your sober and pot just calms you down?

I'm just curious, because I've NEVER heard from any of my friends/other people around me/in school people saying they drive better while baked

I shouldnt have said BETTER i should have said SAFER. I agree I'm not as good of a driver when high, but I am a lot more cautious. For having only one accident (i blame it on the car) the 9 years (x20 tickets) ive been driving, with 2-3 years delievering pizza, I'd say I'm not a bad driver when sober. Also the legalization laws are a lot more flexable so you can pretty much get a persciption for almost anything. Sleep problems, nausea, anxiety, depression (like this one isnt hard to fake), and the list goes on and on. Other states though it is a lot harder to get a medical recommendation for.

You guys seem to love the driving on marijuana issue. I think that when I drive on prescription medicine that I am more of a risk than when I'm high.

One thing I really want you guys to understand is this. Prohibition has not worked since it's conception. As long as there are mind altering substances that people enjoy and seek out, there will never be a drug free state. By keeping drugs illegal, all we are doing is driving up the cost and funding states of anarchy like Mexico. Mexico is quickly becoming the next narco state. Drugs, gangs, and violence run Mexico now. Politicians have been corrupted by billions in drug money that is going south of the border. The Mexicans know that there is a great deal of money and power to e gained by exploiting American drug policy. Plain and simply, prohibition doesn't work. We have tried it before and we only created the most powerful gangsters in our countries history.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Santa' @ Feb 26 2009, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You need to think for a second contract, The reason they die because of alcohol is because it impairs your ability to drive, WEED DOESNT DO THAT, you can smoke 10g's of White Widow(top of the notch weed) and you could still drive. If you get pulled over and the cop knows your baked he will search your car but can do nothing about you being hi. And more people drink alcohol? LOL. Im almost positve that more then 2/3 of america smokes pot. Especially teenagers because pot is easier to obtain then alcohol.

I strongly disagree with that. It would be hard for me to get weed, but anyone knows if you have an older brother its easy as hell to get alcohol. You can buy alcohol from almost anywhere, gas stations, taverns, restaurants, you name it.

Like I said, I could really care less if it was legalized.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

See, this is exactly why YOU are ignorant. You have never taken mushrooms before, therefore you don't know the feeling you can get without "tripping." I'm not stupid enough to drive on them, but you really can't judge a drug if you've never done it. If I wanted to see crazy shit, I'd be doing LSD...but I don't want to...so I do shrooms instead. You won't see leprechauns or flying cows, you just see things around you altered.

...... you just posted a paradox.... why take shrooms if you don't want to "trip"? so why does it matter if anythings legalized, if you dont want to take it to "trip"... and sure, i may be ignorant in the subject of drugs, because, no, i have never tried any, but i dont necessarily think thats such a bad thing to be ignorant in....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Contract_Killer @ Feb 27 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I strongly disagree with that. It would be hard for me to get weed, but anyone knows if you have an older brother its easy as hell to get alcohol. You can buy alcohol from almost anywhere, gas stations, taverns, restaurants, you name it.

Like I said, I could really care less if it was legalized.

First of all Im talking about TEENAGERS in that post, you cant buy alcohol unless your 21(in my state at least). And the fact is there is ALOT more pot dealers then there is package stores, if you dont know how to find them, thats your problem. Of course if you dont smoke it doesnt matter anyways. Someone mentioned about how pot ruins your life? Um no? Obama smokes pot, celebs smoke pot, my uncle who makes mad bills and drives a porsche smokes pot. Pot isn't phsyically addicting so you wont blow 3grand a week on it, it can be mentally addicting though. I usually smoke anywhere from an eighth to an ounce a week depending on how much money I have.

Pot is criminalized so it "creates" the image of a bad person, ex: Michael Phelps. When it is(well I think) healthier then smoking cigs because its natural and has no chemicals in it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Santa' @ Feb 27 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

First of all Im talking about TEENAGERS in that post, you cant buy alcohol unless your 21(in my state at least). And the fact is there is ALOT more pot dealers then there is package stores, if you dont know how to find them, thats your problem. Of course if you dont smoke it doesnt matter anyways. Someone mentioned about how pot ruins your life? Um no? Obama smokes pot, celebs smoke pot, my uncle who makes mad bills and drives a porsche smokes pot. Pot isn't phsyically addicting so you wont blow 3grand a week on it, it can be mentally addicting though. I usually smoke anywhere from an eighth to an ounce a week depending on how much money I have.

Pot is criminalized so it "creates" the image of a bad person, ex: Michael Phelps. When it is(well I think) healthier then smoking cigs because its natural and has no chemicals in it.

And I said that too, anyone in my town that has an older brother can get alcohol like that, expecially jagermeister there is so many parties you couldn't believe it. Oh, and Obama USED to smoke pot.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Contract_Killer @ Feb 27 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

And I said that too, anyone in my town that has an older brother can get alcohol like that, expecially jagermeister there is so many parties you couldn't believe it. Oh, and Obama USED to smoke pot.

Once a pot smoker, always a pot smoker. Just my two cents lolz.

"USED TO" My bad. Just pointing out that president has done it. See for me, I got about 17 contacts in my phone that I can be like "Yo can you sell me an eighth?" "Yea, come over in 10" done...Alcohol its like "Hey can you get me a run?" "Idk, ill make some calls and hit you back up." or "hey mike, can your older brother pick up a 30 for me? I'll pay him some extra money." "He's not home, ill call you later." "Fuck." And it pot was legal Im sure it would be a bluelight special at K-mart.

My question is what will we do to all the people that just want to smoke it all day everyday.

i know people that do and are damn near retarted (likely from skipping school half the time to smoke it).

Legalizing it would be an effective blow to gangs n shit and reduce crime by an significant amount.

Also what about the idiots smoking it around babies and kids, not all people are responsible

Just wanna know how to bypass those problems

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Santa' @ Feb 27 2009, 02:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

"USED TO" My bad. Just pointing out that president has done it. See for me, I got about 17 contacts in my phone that I can be like "Yo can you sell me an eighth?" "Yea, come over in 10" done...Alcohol its like "Hey can you get me a run?" "Idk, ill make some calls and hit you back up." or "hey mike, can your older brother pick up a 30 for me? I'll pay him some extra money." "He's not home, ill call you later." "Fuck." And it pot was legal Im sure it would be a bluelight special at K-mart.

You do know how incredibly inaccurate it is to base a generalization upon that entire nation solely because of your own experience right? Im pretty sure for a majority of average joe teens getting alcohol is much easier because its not like you automatically learn the location of every pot dealer in town...

Hot damn, I went to bed last night, went to work and came home to like 10 more posts. I can't even begin to take a quote from each person and try to address each one individually. This type of topic is definately not the first of its kind. You can probably search google and find thousands of debates about the legalization of pot done by people 10x smarter than the people on this forum. My two cents worth again is that pot should be legal. Just a thought, imagine that during the prohibition they had made alcohol illegal, but instead made pot legal. Imagine the course of history to where it is now with just that small tweak.

As far as shrooms and acid goes, that shit is heavy duty and there is no way it can be health in small enough doses where you can just use it for the high (in miami we call it "body funk") and not the hallucinations. Those types of drugs should be used when you have about 24 hrs to fully recover from the time of usage and a full nights sleep as well. It has to be in a controlled situation like being at a friends house or an outdoor event where operating any sort of machinery is not involved. I am not an expert at taking both of these drugs, but honestly I've done each one 3 or 4 times and I can say it only takes 1 or 2 times to know how it effects you individually so you can make neccessary precautions. I also recommend taking it the first time with someone who has taken it before, that's always helpful. I would also be in a good mood before taking these because any serious personal issues may pop up in the middle of the trip causing you to be overemotional about them if you are not 99% emotionally stable/strong-minded.

As for people who have never taken these drugs before, please don't talk. Don't knock it till you try it because it not something simple like crack or heroin, it's the type of drug that can literally put you into the best mood of your life and will make you laugh harded than ever.

I would recommend using wickipedia or another online source to look at the history of LSD in particular, it has imo, the most facinating history of any drug other than marijuana. The discoverer of LSD, Albert Hoffman actually called it "medicine for the soul." I just took an except from wickipedia from this experiment he did shortly after discovering LSD. He agreed ingest a ton of it and record his findings. The actual study is long and you can research it on your own, but this is the end of it...."Hofmann mentions seeing "fantastic images" surging past him, alternating and opening and closing themselves into circles and spirals and finally exploding into colored fountains and then rearranging themselves in a constant flux. Hofmann mentions that during the condition every acoustic perception, such as the sound of a passing automobile, was transformed into optical perceptions. Eventually Hofmann slept and upon awakening the next morning felt refreshed and clearheaded, though somewhat physically tired. He also stated that he had a sensation of well being and renewed life and that his breakfast tasted unusually delicious. Upon walking in his garden he remarked that all of his senses were "vibrating in a condition of highest sensitivity, which then persisted for the entire day".

Now it effects everyone differently and I am not saying it is for everyone, but if done correctly it really is that damn good as has almost no long term side effects. I mean shit, Alberto Hoffman just died last year at 102 from natural causes....and you KNOW this fucker did LSD and other hallucinagens hundreds of time for fun/research in his day.

I could could fuckin write a dissertation on this shit, but in the end, if something like alcohol can be more harmful to the general populous than even drugs like LSD, marijuana should be legal. It's not like they havn't been testing the effects of legal pot for years in states like California, among others. I must say though, growing techniques are so advanced nowadays it's amazing, but I wish they had some superbud that was more common that you could just take one toke and be pleasantly high for the day. I've tried my fair share of medical marijuana and none of them are really "1 hitter quitters," like they are claimed to be.

Anyways, that's my two cents worth for now, I may add more later when I can.....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE («ÃЯ» Blue @ Feb 27 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

My question is what will we do to all the people that just want to smoke it all day everyday.

Their loss, they don't want to work and smoke pot all day? Fine by me, I will just be over here hoarding my monehz.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE («ÃЯ» Blue @ Feb 27 2009, 05:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Also what about the idiots smoking it around babies and kids, not all people are responsible

Just wanna know how to bypass those problems

Definitely true, however the same can be said about many things such as alcohol.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Feb 27 2009, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

You do know how incredibly inaccurate it is to base a generalization upon that entire nation solely because of your own experience right? Im pretty sure for a majority of average joe teens getting alcohol is much easier because its not like you automatically learn the location of every pot dealer in town...

Ask 1 kid at your school for buds, you'll get them asap. You can't base it off YOUR experiances either, if you have an older brother or know someone that can get you a run all the time, well your just lucky. Point is, you need to KNOW someone to get alcohol, you can get pot of any random person.

Santa is right imo, i could get pot in less than 20 minutes on a weekend or on a school day, hell, i was with people who were in a random city, we had never been there before, we went to a 7-11 and asked a random black dude(steryeotype) for pot and bot a 20 sack right there.

back to the point of the original post....

legalize it, treat it like a tobacco alchol combo as far as policy. tax the shit, but make some rules

DUI for pot instead of the shit you get now, would be great. and the gov's get all the tax they want.

however, because it would be almost impossible to really regulate once you made it legal (its really easy to grow, im a gardener and i grew some by accident lol) there would probably be a growers license as well... which would only mean more state money made off license sales.

its not really any worse than alcohol or tobacco in my opinion, why not let the public have some perma grins while our economy tanks

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cassboys @ Feb 27 2009, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I've tried my fair share of medical marijuana and none of them are really "1 hitter quitters," like they are claimed to be.

Was it good medical marijuana? You know they have different grades at the clubs right? When i volunteered there for awhile most people (who looked like they werent sick at all) would get the lower grade stuff because of the price. Not only that, but it also depends what club you go to. Sometimes I've gone to clubs and their high expensice top of the line stuff is SHIT! Like something I would pick up for $40 an eigth elsewhere (which at clubs is really low grade right above stress, and yes they sell stress at SOME clubs). I find only a handful of clubs (at this isnt even 100% of the time) have one hitter strains, but they do come and go with the seasons.

Only one I can say for SURE was a one hitter was this random strain of ak47 crossed with mango that came out PERFECTLY! Fluffy buds, dark green, looking almost white from all the crystals. You take the hit and its smooth going down like your not even hitting anything. Then BOOM!! You're lungs explode and you cough like crazy and you are medicated.

Plenty of times though when I've found really exceptional strains, they dont one hit for me but other people they do (i assume its because I have medical reason for why i medicate).

Also, just because it's OG kush doesnt mean its high grade OG kush. Ive seen plenty of OG kush that wasnt a 10 on my chart, and plenty that were. Although 10s are something that is not ALWAYS there. Also at the club when we would have our super nice OG kush (we never got OG in unless it was really good) people would complain saying there was a club selling OG kush for $55 an eighth not realizing the difference in quality. They are both probably OG kush, but the grower makes the difference.

I dont really find Kush over here in new england that much but one time I got my hands on some Blueberry Kush and it was the tastiest fucking weed I ever smoked in my life. Cider you have a point, Pot reliefs ALOT of stress, more then alcohol and you can still function, let every be happy while the economy breaks down.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Santa' @ Feb 28 2009, 10:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I dont really find Kush over here in new england that much but one time I got my hands on some Blueberry Kush and it was the tastiest fucking weed I ever smoked in my life. Cider you have a point, Pot reliefs ALOT of stress, more then alcohol and you can still function, let every be happy while the economy breaks down.

Pot is my ultimate stress reliever. I can get upset over a lot of shit and no matter what meds I take, none do for me what pot does. Pot allows me to take a deep breathe, relax, and put everything into perspective.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Feb 28 2009, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Was it good medical marijuana? You know they have different grades at the clubs right? When i volunteered there for awhile most people (who looked like they werent sick at all) would get the lower grade stuff because of the price. Not only that, but it also depends what club you go to. Sometimes I've gone to clubs and their high expensice top of the line stuff is SHIT! Like something I would pick up for $40 an eigth elsewhere (which at clubs is really low grade right above stress, and yes they sell stress at SOME clubs). I find only a handful of clubs (at this isnt even 100% of the time) have one hitter strains, but they do come and go with the seasons.

Only one I can say for SURE was a one hitter was this random strain of ak47 crossed with mango that came out PERFECTLY! Fluffy buds, dark green, looking almost white from all the crystals. You take the hit and its smooth going down like your not even hitting anything. Then BOOM!! You're lungs explode and you cough like crazy and you are medicated.

Plenty of times though when I've found really exceptional strains, they dont one hit for me but other people they do (i assume its because I have medical reason for why i medicate).

Also, just because it's OG kush doesnt mean its high grade OG kush. Ive seen plenty of OG kush that wasnt a 10 on my chart, and plenty that were. Although 10s are something that is not ALWAYS there. Also at the club when we would have our super nice OG kush (we never got OG in unless it was really good) people would complain saying there was a club selling OG kush for $55 an eighth not realizing the difference in quality. They are both probably OG kush, but the grower makes the difference.

Very true, although I don't live in LA, i have visited there over 10 times. I've tried 3 or 4 different types of OG Kush, Headband DX, Sugar Kush, Bubblegum, Silver Haze, Hawaiian(my favorite so far), Granddaddy Perps, White Grape Kush to name a few and all of them were outstandingly smooth like you say and then boom....BUT, I guess I am used to getting some pretty sick stuff over here in Miami. I find some Medical to be smoother than Miami weed, but again I still fail to find those 1 hitter quitters.

Now I have heard of this weed once or twice called Texada Mindwarp (sp?) grown only on this secluded island? I have been dying to try that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cassboys @ Feb 28 2009, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Very true, although I don't live in LA, i have visited there over 10 times. I've tried 3 or 4 different types of OG Kush, Headband DX, Sugar Kush, Bubblegum, Silver Haze, Hawaiian(my favorite so far), Granddaddy Perps, White Grape Kush to name a few and all of them were outstandingly smooth like you say and then boom....BUT, I guess I am used to getting some pretty sick stuff over here in Miami. I find some Medical to be smoother than Miami weed, but again I still fail to find those 1 hitter quitters.

Now I have heard of this weed once or twice called Texada Mindwarp (sp?) grown only on this secluded island? I have been dying to try that.

What I meant was a lot of times when ppl share its with the strains that are not the top of the price chart. Headband is suppose to be pretty good but the rest, sugar kush, bubblegum, silver haze grandday perps those are all around the $65 range (75 usually being the highest which headband is usually at). Although I cant say Ive tried every one you mentioned, I also find a lot of times at clubs they sometimes dont have a name for it so they name it something. You should try to get ahold of some really nice master kush. A lot of times though especially lately, master kush's quality hasnt been top notch, which is why it should try to be a really nice batch with big full buds covered in clear crystals. Even so the tatse i think beats OG. If you manage to find some though the high you get from it is a nice balance between a sativa high and an indica high. But again lately I havent really found anything that great in so cal.

I understood what you meant, which is why I was saying I tried it on 10 different occassions. I'm sure at least 1 or 2 of those times I got the good shit like you said, especially considering the person I always get from is almost 40 and has been smoking all their life and lived in LA. You would figure she knows where the good stuff is. A

Anyways, there hasn't been alot of good buds down here either for a while, I would imagine is has alot to do with the economy. People probably don't have the money to invest in a good grow house with all teh expensive lamps/materials needed to make the quality.