Sign in to follow this  
Longcat

Just finished The Watchmen

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JDDZip @ Feb 28 2009, 03:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Is it really that good?

I'm excited for the movie but I just assumed the graphic novel wasn't that good

NOT THAT GOOD? It was the only graphic novel ranked in the TIME magazine list of the top 100 novels of the 20th century.

Its fuckin glorious!

I don't get the hype about this movie. I looked into it a little and just thought meh. Maybe I'm just a normal American who thinks plots should never go deeper than "dis go boom" is just a waste of time, but the whole, human\ better than human shit just seems a bit of a bore to me, like half of anime that takes cool fighting robots and throws in some shitty whinny kid who cant figure out if killing is justified or not (Evangelion or Gundam for example). If I wanted to think, I'd rather sit down and read something interesting rather than ponder moral dilemmas.

That statement made me sad Anarchy. Oh well.

The movie was pretty good, understanding time limits (it was still 3 hours). IMO it would be better to watch and then read the book. However overall I am satisified with the movie.

Book was pure ownage though, and I thought the same thing about "graphic novels."

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bob da BEAR @ Mar 10 2009, 07:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

That statement made me sad Anarchy. Oh well.

The movie was pretty good, understanding time limits (it was still 3 hours). IMO it would be better to watch and then read the book. However overall I am satisified with the movie.

Book was pure ownage though, and I thought the same thing about "graphic novels."

I wasnt too thrilled with the movie on the whole. Just seemed to miss some of the ideas which would make you think. I definitely agree it is better to watch the movie first and then read the novel.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Longcat @ Mar 13 2009, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I wasnt too thrilled with the movie on the whole. Just seemed to miss some of the ideas which would make you think. I definitely agree it is better to watch the movie first and then read the novel.

The author of the novel saw the movie and absolutely hated it and was disgusted with the way it came out.

I thought the movie could've done better too.