Sign in to follow this  
Audiovox

Prince of Persia

I suspect the ending of the game is why a few people don't like it, but I would like to share what I believe the ending means, and why I think it was a good way to close this game out and set up for another one.

When you first gain a power, you are given a vision, both you and Elika see it, naturally, you assume the visions are seen by the Prince because he is in direct contact with her when you trigger the power. However, at the end of the game, you can see that is not the case when the Prince sees a vision of his own that brings the others to a full circle and explains what he must do. I believe the the visions are instructions from the good god as to what must be done, the quest you went on with Elika built a relationship and explained things to the player and the Prince as well, so no, the time spent saving the land was not a waist and lost cause. I think in later games, they intend to finish off the story line instead of just locking away the problem, so you need Elika and the Prince to find an actual solution to the Ahriman problem, therefore you had to resurrect her. And obviously the Prince cannot explain all that with the god of death looming over their head, and to my understanding, by freeing him you have a pact and he won't kill you or something immediately. But you don't want him knowing the plan either. That's why he didn't answer when she asked "Why?", and she seems rather let down in the scene with them walking away, because he hasn't explained it yet, or he doesn't know fully. However, the one thing I don't get is when you first fight the King and he cuts the last tree, how was she alive before that took place? I think I'm missing something from the intro, I'll go play through part of it and look for the answer.

So yeah, that's why the ending makes sense to me and I believe it finishes nicely. I'll edit it when I find out more from a bit more playing.

-Audio

EDIT: Ok I just played through the beginning once again and as far as I can tell the King didn't have to cut the last tree to resurrect her, but the other 4 trees outside the temple are down. Cutting the last tree scattered the light seeds and disrupted the process I think, that's why Elika has her powers(she was ressed with the seeds power), but you have to get the seeds back before you can use them. Or something, comments?

EDIT2: When you first meet Elika, she is running away from her father, back to the temple. I suspect she knew what happened and that she needed to give back the light seeds from the others trees in order to maintain the seals strength. But he didn't need all of them to ress her initially. Ah now I get it, that's why you only need 540 to end the game, not all 1001, it only took a fraction of the seeds to ress her and the others were released when the tree was cut, he cut the tree to keep her from giving them back, and dying again, that's why she wanted the Prince to get out of there before hand.

It's a game best played in moderation, take your time and take in all it tries to give to you. Just enjoy it, don't play it just to beat it or it will suck from a game play stand point.

-Audio

The new Prince of Persia is a good game, the best thing about it is the half cell shaded half 3D graphics art style which is incredible to me, i really enjoyed the game and i plan on playing through it multiple times.