Sign in to follow this  
Guest 0c5er

Stacked Teams/Race Whoring

Gotta agree, for the most part Aereon ( secret <3 ) does a great job as admin, it's just that there's a few people who racewhore (myself included occasionally) or teamstack, and even a couple who do both....

I'm pretty sure an ATB that focuses on record would do the job perfectly... Just something to think about, but is it possible to make an ATB that takes rank into account (often the worst stacked teams are those where a high ranked player is just screwing around with a bad KDR and if they were on the losing team, they would try to help their team) ?

Guest NeverEndingXsin

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Evil Llama @ Apr 1 2009, 03:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

YEAH GOD I MISS THE BITCHING LOL BUT HAVING fun in a wonderful third world country..... Hope to see you all soon!!!!

i miss seeing you in WCS2 :(

True, stacked teams is one thing that can cause a server to be full pop, but have the residents playing at that time to be really unhappy with the experience they are having.

Noire brought up a fantastic point. Not to mention most right now could be slightly downpowered and it would be perfectly useful, But due to people worrying about their KdR rather then having fun(I wish I had admin, I' would of had level 3 if my PC was here when I was going through tough times) But the point Prinny made was also very insightful, and I have thought about such a thing for quite a while, the coding would be simple, replacing the code for rtv with Rtt, =p. it would be much more complicated then the simple letter change I was implying but it would make a world of difference but people just joining the servers.

-Mindspring

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Apr 6 2009, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

won't find that in server 2 as long as I'm there

(insert onionman pic when I get home) =)

My apologies if I have ever race whored enough to make anyone angry. I generally play the races that I enjoy and this means I have many level 70+ races.. Just say something to me if you ever feel im playing to hard and I will switch to a knife race for the rest of the map or until one team needs help badly. I wont know unless you speak up.

I try to even the teams as much as possible, I switch players with admin nearly every map. Nothing is going to make it perfectly even and there is always going to be a player who will do exceptionally well.

It would be nice if they added the Emtpy Slot race again.

ok back to server 2, sorry. just played office and last time I checked score at 75% of the map, score was 21-...0...

I don't care unbalanced teams but at that point it's not funny and that kind of extreme unbalance is too common now. I like server 1 and be glad to be back when it'll be fixed.

well in WCS #2 there is an empty skill race that has 5 skills with 600 lvls in it, but none of the skills give ya any benefit :P

Its called CS:S Pro or something like that

It sucks that I cannot play. Hopefully my PC will be back online ASAP. Sorry Aereon, btw I am assuming admins can now switch players. Arkane fails again LOL.

Alright, if it is alright with JCS, then I believe when I am done the Deathrun mod, I could make this my next project.

I'd have to learn a bit about WCS, but I believe I should be able to set up a mod in SourceMod that would force players to switch a race, as well as actually know when they are race whoring (by using a statistic per race, I could make it so that when a player changes race, the mod watches his kills and deaths, and if he reaches a point where he is 4:1, above 24 kills, then it gives him X rounds to switch races, and after X rounds if he has not changed, the script slays him on spawn.

As for team stacking, I could write a Sourcemod plugin which auto evens the teams after X rounds based on a bit more complex of a formula than just doing it by kill death ratio.

sounds complicated..... I leave that to you =)

In the mean time Ill handle team stacking/ Race whoring the best I can.... Admin powers! (going to start to ban people who consistently race whore and won't switch after the time given).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Apr 28 2009, 09:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

sounds complicated..... I leave that to you =)

In the mean time Ill handle team stacking/ Race whoring the best I can.... Admin powers! (going to start to ban people who consistently race whore and won't switch after the time given).

I won't start anything on it for at least a week, so until then, I'm going to be cracking down on race whoring in WCS2.

plz don't implement this in wcs1, almost every single one of the players in wcs1 doesn't care about racewhoring, just teamstacking. i honestly never hear any1 complain about racewhoring and i play a fucking hellofalot. When people do get a little over the top however, its the fellow players who tell him to back down.

we just need a good atb and empire, you just need to get on one of these days while i'm in the server also.

You won't see anyone better than me that will complain about stacked teams.

Guest NeverEndingXsin

i try to come into the server every so often and see if teams need balancing and when they do i balance them out

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slipomatic @ May 3 2009, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

we just need a good atb and empire, you just need to get on one of these days while i'm in the server also.

You won't see anyone better than me that will complain about stacked teams.

i play almost everyday from around 3-5 and from 10-12 <-- lol i hate school life

i have a bunch of other games that i play as well so i might not be there, but i usually am

I used to think race whoring was a big deal on server 1 but not anymore. Most all of the regulars have high levels, so I do not see the point of implementing a system that will effect game play. Just stick with giving us more races and everythng will be alright. As for team stacking, I try my best to even the teams when I am playing.

lol you are sadly mistaken, if you were to get on my account and check my races on the server. You will notice that most of my races that are maxed are just maybe 5 lvls max above the maxed lvl.

I rarely go back on a maxed race unless someone makes me mad or if I'm going for some extra cash (takeno samurai :D )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Empire @ Apr 30 2009, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

plz don't implement this in wcs1, almost every single one of the players in wcs1 doesn't care about racewhoring, just teamstacking. i honestly never hear any1 complain about racewhoring and i play a fucking hellofalot. When people do get a little over the top however, its the fellow players who tell him to back down.

I beg to differ. For me, race whoring is a bit like unbalanced teams. I don't care as long as it's not very unbalanced. Same for race whoring. If the player that racewhore is on the weak team that is fine. But it's already hard to have balanced teams.

Here is my suggestion for race whoring based on the number of kills:

<10, do nothing

10-20, if k/d is greater than 5, then should change

>20, if k/d is greater than 4, change.

That is because it would be ridiculous to ask someone to change with a score of 5k/1d...

i think atm, wcs1 has solved this problem very well, and hardly anyone in the server racewhores when im in the server. If people do, its always to try to keep the teams even. Either this, or no one complains or says anything. I WILL switch races if i have a good score (even a 2.5kd and higher) if people tell me to switch, but noone in the server actually says anything about it

The rule totally needs to be changed, some guy in WCS#2 was 62-18 yesterday, and according the race whoring rule 4:1, that's not race whoring. I totally don't understand how that is not race whoring. How about 3:1?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Supernaut @ May 13 2009, 03:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The rule totally needs to be changed, some guy in WCS#2 was 62-18 yesterday, and according the race whoring rule 4:1, that's not race whoring. I totally don't understand how that is not race whoring. How about 3:1?

Maybe a modification of my rule:

based on slice of 20 kills:

1-20: 5:1

21-40: 4:1

41-infinite: 3:1

Personally, I would leave it at 5:1 for below 20 and 4:1 for above, that's it.

Sign in to follow this