Sign in to follow this  
Guest 0c5er

Stacked Teams/Race Whoring

Guest 0c5er

Just a suggestion, I think you guys should crack down on race whoring a little bit more.

Specifically by members of your clan. I won't name names but certain people who play on the server all day and all night like they have nothing better to do will go 83-5. I mean, if you have that many races maxed out to where you're just decimating people left and right why not reset your levels more? It's just making it less fun for everyone else.

Also, team stacking is just getting absurd over the last few days; at least from what I've noticed. I mean, I was playing earlier today and the map changed to Italy. After the first round it was like .. 6 UV members and 2 scrubs vs. me and 7 people I've never even seen in the server before. Needless to say after 2 rounds only one T had died and the guy was 0-2.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (the 0c @ Jan 29 2009, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Just a suggestion, I think you guys should crack down on race whoring a little bit more.

Specifically by members of your clan. I won't name names but certain people who play on the server all day and all night like they have nothing better to do will go 83-5. I mean, if you have that many races maxed out to where you're just decimating people left and right why not reset your levels more? It's just making it less fun for everyone else.

Also, team stacking is just getting absurd over the last few days; at least from what I've noticed. I mean, I was playing earlier today and the map changed to Italy. After the first round it was like .. 6 UV members and 2 scrubs vs. me and 7 people I've never even seen in the server before. Needless to say after 2 rounds only one T had died and the guy was 0-2.

Resetting levels is a bit extreme.

The team stacking is a problem, and ATB was "improperly" installed in an attempt to address it, so the admins are at least attempting to fix the problem, just not... with urgency. Though, commonly, one person is the cause of team stacking, no matter what team they're on it's a bit unfair.

As far as race whoring goes, I think that, ultimately, it's an attempt to address a problem and failing to do so.

Certainly, in some instances, a player is just really good with a race, but other times, the player is just generally very good and they need to pull their punches a bit.

Generally, the players are, usually, not that bad. Paintrain can be a bit unforgiving, and I have similar feelings about Wakka but aside from Aimed and Exer, there's generally no feeling of malicious intent to make the game not fun for you by jacking off in your face.

While I would desire for pt and his cohorts of face raping fiends to dial it back a little, I don't think that they race whore as much as that they are just really good and the races tend to just accent their abilities.

I'd include Noire on this list, but he's generally far more of an annoying douchebag (STOP KILLING THE ENTIRE TEAM WHILE THEY TRY TO DEFUSE THE BOMB YOU ABYSSAL FREAK D:) and seems to gladly pull punches in the interest of his own personal amusement and generally seems to take no issue with being asked to stop ramming his dick down your throat for a few seconds so you can catch your breath.

tl;dr, I think that it's just good players just make sad faces for people generally, and not that it's specifically race whoring.

Some players just don't realize that the fact that they're doing so good actually makes the game less fun for other people.

I generally have no issue with dying, and tend to mic "awwwww" commonly to further emphasize that I'm fine with it (not that it's really necessary), but it does get annoying when round after round the same person kills you and you tend to back into a corner with a p90 and just spray like crazy hoping you get a lucky shot just so you don't die.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prinny @ Jan 30 2009, 07:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Resetting levels is a bit extreme.

I'd include Noire on this list, but he's generally far more of an annoying douchebag (STOP KILLING THE ENTIRE TEAM WHILE THEY TRY TO DEFUSE THE BOMB YOU ABYSSAL FREAK D:) and seems to gladly pull punches in the interest of his own personal amusement and generally seems to take no issue with being asked to stop ramming his dick down your throat for a few seconds so you can catch your breath.

I generally have no issue with dying, and tend to mic "awwwww" commonly to further emphasize that I'm fine with it (not that it's really necessary), but it does get annoying when round after round the same person kills you and you tend to back into a corner with a p90 and just spray like crazy hoping you get a lucky shot just so you don't die.

I get alot of excitement from my team as when you are talking about killing the team while they are defusing, you forget to mention how my team has about 3 wins and the other teams has well over 10. It is amusing to watch people fail at defusing a bomb, specially when your team has constantly been losing round after round with no help from the other team to balance sides.

Also, Playing abyss is pulling punches. I'm not using a gun, you should be happy about that =) (remembers how fox complained that I was whoring the M4a1 at one time).

Also I recommend to stop using the P90, its just a noob gun that has a really good spray. Best thing to do, is learn to aim, learn to lure, and best of all, Learn to use the M4a1 (only the best balanced gun in the game, when i say balanced I mean it can shoot long range, short range, medium range and you dont really need that many bullets to kill someone if you hit them, which leaves more bullets for other people.

I've also seen exer switch sides before to help balance teams. I mean honestly I swear the people that complain the most are the people who stacks sides and then complain when their team isnt raping anymore.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Jan 31 2009, 01:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I get alot of excitement from my team as when you are talking about killing the team while they are defusing, you forget to mention how my team has about 3 wins and the other teams has well over 10. It is amusing to watch people fail at defusing a bomb, specially when your team has constantly been losing round after round with no help from the other team to balance sides.

Also, Playing abyss is pulling punches. I'm not using a gun, you should be happy about that =) (remembers how fox complained that I was whoring the M4a1 at one time).

Also I recommend to stop using the P90, its just a noob gun that has a really good spray. Best thing to do, is learn to aim, learn to lure, and best of all, Learn to use the M4a1 (only the best balanced gun in the game, when i say balanced I mean it can shoot long range, short range, medium range and you dont really need that many bullets to kill someone if you hit them, which leaves more bullets for other people.

I've also seen exer switch sides before to help balance teams. I mean honestly I swear the people that complain the most are the people who stacks sides and then complain when their team isnt raping anymore.

nah noire, I was giving you a backhanded compliment because it makes up for the difference is skill :D

You're fairly good about not ruining things, even though you have the ability to, your abyss skills are just annnoyyiiinnnggg, the only way to kill you is pretty much luck or roots. Though it's fucking hilarious to see you clutch with the bomb AND kill the entire team, not just the bomb go off.

Some of you like Noire and Cassboys play way too fuckin much. You guys need to get another hobby, seriously. You have internet gaming addiction problems. And Noire, don't think I won't reset you, again.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Feb 9 2009, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Some of you like Noire and Cassboys play way too fuckin much. You guys need to get another hobby, seriously. You have internet gaming addiction problems. And Noire, don't think I won't reset you, again.

and this is one of the reasons why i left server 1 (you try to be fair and level all the races and you still get threatened with a level reset). Even though I play on losing sides, level up non max races, and according to you, whore shopmenu items when all I buy is crusader's wish.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.Neo. @ Feb 10 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Stacked Teams is a problem on every server...you will always have it unfortunately =/

I love Team Stacking.

The only real reason that this actually happens is that there's only a few "pro" players that stack the teams simply by virtue of being on the server.

You could easily implement a statistic based team scrambler (such that it places an even number of "high value" players on opposite teams, and randomizes the others), which would cut down on the stack value.

ATB was put onto #1, but it wasn't implemented properly and so it turned off the team balance and didn't do its job D:

whenever im not feeling grumpy, ill switch teams to unstack and switch races if someone asks, but most of the time people just whine and don't ask for anything

Why can we not add the auto race balance script back in? It was taken out because people complained that they would be moved from team to team if they were in first place. But who cares, that means that are racewhoring anyway to be in the first place dominating everyone for it to keep switching you. If we brought it back it would make these "race whoring" issues not exist as much. If teams are balanced, people bitch way less.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimeToDie @ Feb 15 2009, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Why can we not add the auto race balance script back in? It was taken out because people complained that they would be moved from team to team if they were in first place. But who cares, that means that are racewhoring anyway to be in the first place dominating everyone for it to keep switching you. If we brought it back it would make these "race whoring" issues not exist as much. If teams are balanced, people bitch way less.

I like this idea

Yeah, especially recently, I've noticed that I'm unable to switch teams to unstack even when I'm trying to. Usually, its just an issue of ppl not reading the chat (I rarely use my mic). An ATB script (that takes into account race?!?!) would be excellent

Usually if I am asked to switch teams or races I will. I don't know about server two, but on server one most people just whine. I do my best not to race whore/team stack and switch when asked. I personally only use over powered races when I switch to the losing team to even things out a bit. As far as an auto team balancer goes, I am all for it as long as I don't get switched every round. Someone shouldn't keep getting switched just because they happen to be on top with a race like keeper of the grove or another mediocre race.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MagicRatt @ Feb 17 2009, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Usually if I am asked to switch teams or races I will. I don't know about server two, but on server one most people just whine. I do my best not to race whore/team stack and switch when asked. I personally only use over powered races when I switch to the losing team to even things out a bit. As far as an auto team balancer goes, I am all for it as long as I don't get switched every round. Someone shouldn't keep getting switched just because they happen to be on top with a race like keeper of the grove or another mediocre race.

It's not really a problem in server 2, but sometimes when teams are stacked and the winning players want to switch, they cant. An ATB that would switch you or maybe better balance teams so you do not have to switch would be useful.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Feb 10 2009, 10:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

and this is one of the reasons why i left server 1 (you try to be fair and level all the races and you still get threatened with a level reset). Even though I play on losing sides, level up non max races, and according to you, whore shopmenu items when all I buy is crusader's wish.

well its still kind of unfair man.

when you max all the races, all u can do is whore races.

we need to figure out a fair solution to fix all this besides a level reset... but hell i already got all my levels reset after maxing everything.

oh and you are as fair as can be.

u always switch races when i ask.. unfortunately to another maxed race that is normally really strong. but i cant blame you cause they are all maxed.. and u always switch teams when they are stacked..

you are fair and cool, but we need to find a way to make this fair for everyone.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Noire @ Feb 17 2009, 09:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

It's not really a problem in server 2, but sometimes when teams are stacked and the winning players want to switch, they cant. An ATB that would switch you or maybe better balance teams so you do not have to switch would be useful.

This just gave me a script idea.

As part of the scripting etc (you'd have to custom do this), put in a say command that'll let you request team switch, and if someone on the other team with "similar skill" (as determined by the ATB), or in such a way that it would encourage team balance, to allow the switch to happen, and do it automatically to avoid any complex switching.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prinny @ Feb 18 2009, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

This just gave me a script idea.

As part of the scripting etc (you'd have to custom do this), put in a say command that'll let you request team switch, and if someone on the other team with "similar skill" (as determined by the ATB), or in such a way that it would encourage team balance, to allow the switch to happen, and do it automatically to avoid any complex switching.

!!!! Being able to request a balance with script would be AMAZING! I love the idea, Prinny.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vOrTeXx @ Feb 18 2009, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

well its still kind of unfair man.

when you max all the races, all u can do is whore races.

we need to figure out a fair solution to fix all this besides a level reset... but hell i already got all my levels reset after maxing everything.

oh and you are as fair as can be.

u always switch races when i ask.. unfortunately to another maxed race that is normally really strong. but i cant blame you cause they are all maxed.. and u always switch teams when they are stacked..

you are fair and cool, but we need to find a way to make this fair for everyone.

Let's be fair, most of the races on the server are strong.

Orc - Crit nades, super extra dmg and chain lighting (passes through walls and such so you dont have to put yourself in danger

Elf - Extra dmg, evasion and roots

bloodmage - super amounts of hp, banish, steal money for more hp

archmage proudmore - speed, extra dmg, flying, shake

you can pretty much say any race is overpowered if you just focus on certain skills. I try to play races like archmage/mage of xigtha because no one really plays it. I do jump on races like whitemage because I think they are fun (more speed, low grav, banish and 150 hp? im in love) or with abyss (even though i hear people complain later on saying its harder than they thought to use). I try to stay off races like dracula and alucard (even though they are SUPER fun and drac isnt hard cause someone is ALWAYS on it *hint hint maybe its op if its always in use*) But races like grayman which I dont have level's are usually occupied 70% of the time if not more. I dont like play knife races except abyss and most races on server 2 are knife races. Also if i wanted to fly, my choices are gargoyle (ppl say its op) torch (ppl say its op) and archmage (which i never hear anyone complain about). There might be another race with it...but I cant really think of it. ALso teleport is limited to Human and denchi (since i dont play human just denchi). Maybe instead of making new races we think are strong, make some races that are a little under powered with some skills like flying or teleport? server 1 has plenty of teleport races though.

well usually one reason to race whore is to get easy levels so that you can skip lvling some of the races you don't want to use right, though with the easy access of save up 16k and switch and buy tome of wisdom stuff.

but usually thats what most do right. its to the bump up the levels on their already favorite maxed out race.

suggestion would be to implement a lvl curb that restricts you from going beyond what is maxed lvl for the race. sure it will make a lot complain, but it would make the person go to another race and lvl it up.

pretty sure this suggestion will probably have lots of flaws and probably be shot down, but it is a suggestion.

im pretty sure the only reason i played maxed races, is because i know their pros and cons and i am able to use the races effectively.

If i want to gain levels, its much much easier to go on that race, buy an m4 and just buy crusaders wish everyround after that until u get 16k. just camp somewhere till u get 1 or 2 kills then go roaming. Once ur about level 10 or u use 2 16k tomes, just buy armor, wish, and claws of attack and u have a decent platform for wcs for 3000/round (if u die everyround) <-- this is affordable almost every single round.

and.. i have been trying to help balance teams when they are stacked, gives me quite a challenge sometimes

however, i go by rounds won, not by how many times a team has been winning in a row (unless its extraordinarly bad)

There are a few people I wish I could get for race whoring, but unfortunately I can't really enforce a whole lot when it comes to it. I try and do it, people complain that its in my own interest. There are a few things that I'd like to see implemented but I assume fox is busy as I haven't seen him in ages. In the mean time, I've tried to switch people as well as I could to even things but it gets tiring being the only one that cares. Trying to switch people that just end up switching back, trying to switch them again and get killed.. It's an unfortunate part of wcs1 and it will stay unless the server steps in to make autoteam balance a reality.

Do what I do in server 2. When you switch someone, and teams are uneven, switch two ppl from the losing side to the winning side (which prevents the person you switched to switch bad).

Sign in to follow this