Sign in to follow this  
Audiovox

Anyone else played the new Prince of Persia?

Just curious, I got it the other day....for a certain reason....but I've always loved the series since I first played it. But yeah, I like the newest one a lot more than the other ones so far just cause of the game play and the way they took it this time around. If you've read my other thread about games and stuff then you know I have every intention of playing with this games models as well, lots and lots of beautiful environment and stuff to mess with. This time in the game, you get a new princess to buddy around with, she looks like this

x2t2m9.jpg

She's much more useful than the one from Sands of Time, you actually will depend on her through most of the game, but that's not nearly as bad as it might sound. Here's the link to my other thread for anyone curious

http://www.undeadvengeance.com/forums/inde...showtopic=15085

This stuff is great fun lol I'm still working on getting usable stages and environments, but I expect I'll work it out soon enough.

-Audio

Ps The game runs very well on my system (system: nothing noteworthy to say the least >>) I'm very pleased with the apparent work they put into making it smooth as possible and awesome looking all at the same time.

PoP is visually amazing, otherwise it's terrible and you're terrible for thinking so.

The Sand of Time and it's cohorts and etc are replaced with "The Darkness"

The Rewind System is replaced with Elika

The Combat is replaced with Button Mashing

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/vie...rince-of-Persia

HIS WORD IS LAW (also very accurate)

But, yes, the game is visually amazing... The only problem I had with it was a memory leak that made the game unplayable after a certain duration, dropping FPS into the shitter. Gameplay? shittier repetition.

That's fine by me, you may have your opinion, I'm in no position to keep you from it. However, I have played it and I still do love it, if you think the new one has a button mashing quality to the combat, you've clearly never played it. You will get raped for button mashing, I promise you. Sands of Time was not all that great visually, but it had story line and fun game play, the combat was repetitive, to say the least. But it was still a great game imo, not the best or any of that. The Sands of Time creatures are replaced with The Corruption, not The Darkness, The rewind system has not been replaced by Elika, at least not in the sense that it can be triggered at will. I know zero punctuation well, well enough to know he is horribly biased some of the time, mostly because he is human just like us with certain preferences. He's more of a comic figure than an actual review writer. My conclusion: you haven't played it, you spew opinions of other people from yourself as fact, that was someone elses memory leak, you just felt the need to put it here to help your point, go get your own experience and form opinions off of that, don't bring this bs to me. One last thought, "PoP is visually amazing, otherwise it's terrible and you're terrible for thinking so." You are ass backwards, lol I'm terrible for thinking it's terrible? As I said, don't bring this bs to me, I don't care for your googled opinions and biased reviews, play the game for yourself for a reasonable duration, or gtfo of my topic with your non sense.

-Audio

WATCH THE VIDEO AND BOW TO YOUR LORD AND MASTER

And, no, combat is the same button combinations over and over to the point that you can just mash them as there's no incentive not to, and then you mash in combat sequences, and mash to get the seeds.

It's clearly you who have not played it if you think otherwise.

I beat the game, and there are effectively only 4 things you ever fight, no increase in difficulty curve, just mass repetition that started out fine then became mind numbing, and the ending...

ugh.

Though my comment of otherwise slander is based on the school of thought that opinions and preferences can be inherently wrong or otherwise rooted in impracticality, inefficiency, or "bad".

I only link yahtzee because everyone of his reviews is, on average, >=90% accurate to the exact feeling I had through playing the game, and I have played every game he's reviewed prior to his reviewing of it, and he only failed to meet that mark on... forgot what game it was, though I found it to be a little be unforgiving, otherwise his reviews are as amusing as they are accurate.

You can keep your own nonsense out of your own topic if you want, because you're the one making up nonsense as you go along.

Ha, well if you are the kind of person that didn't look for other ways to kill stuff, that's your own problem. I like being able to use everything in the combat system to it's fullest extent, not just pull a gauntlet>acrobat>Elika>sword/Elika all the time. While it might be effective on some enemies, you have to know if you've beat the game, that not all the bosses require the same things to beat. The Warrior for example, there's no way in hell you did the same things to him you did to The Alchemist or The Hunter. They do get harder up until their final fights, but in some cases there are just easy ways to beat them, no way around that. Every game's bosses have a pattern to follow to beat them, give me a break, you must think all game in the world fail by that logic, which I know is not true so I believe you are just bashing the game more or less. Also, if you think the point to the game is to just beat it, I can see why it sucked to you. It's not the kind of game you try to just fly through and get every thing done, it's one that, I think, you are meant to enjoy and take it easy. Proof of that is the game play mechanics they changed, it's all more laid back and meant to just be entertaining and beautiful. Sucks you can't just slow down and enjoy a game for what it is :\

Button mashing, we need to define that or something. I don't understand how you can button mash while running on a wall lol Honestly, how is getting light seeds button mashing?? Repetitive might be a better word, but once again, what game's mechanics are not repetitive? You press WASD all the damn time in FPS games, you click to shoot, jesus all this click mashing....I wish they would just randomize it a bit and make me press other things to fire, or just not let me fire to mix it up a bit. o.o You would never beat the game button mashing, get over it, Elika would be saving your ass left and right till you gave up and uninstalled.

-Audio

EDIT: Stop editing your message after the fact, say what you mean in your first post >> Please, highlight my nonsense, you have the forum tools to do it, I have called you out on all of yours, point mine out, go ahead, find it, let's talk about it. I can guarantee you all of my "nonsense" has basis from actual game play and my own thought. I don't read reviews, I could give a damn what they think. If I want entertainment though, he's not a bad option.

Audiovox, why are you never on Xfire or steam or anything when I'm around??? I've been so bored... following you around with your crazy ass variety of interests, mapping, coding, that hex shit we played with fro awhile... That gave me something to do. >.>

I'll read the walls of text about PoP after I get out of class, maybe I'll end up getting the game. Anyway, I wanna know what you're planning to do with all your models and whatnot... It's fun to see what crazy shit you come up with.

No benefit for me tot call on it, also I have lots of post submit after thoughts, then tangents, etc.

However, every enemy has one best combo to use against them depending on their "mode", and elika switch ups for long combos, it's the same thing over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over. Warrior was the only one I enjoyed fighting because it actually did take thought, though the maneuvering around of things was kind of boring.

But the game was too schizophrenic, you get warning about the Concubine's illusions, but I was only ever subject to the first one, aside from the final fight with her (which was kind of cool).

The Alchemist and Hunter were holistically boring to fight though ._.

the new PoP stinks. There is virtually no way to kill yourself. It is litterly impossible to die in the game. Thats what turned me off the game period. I like games that challenge you, not baby you.

The old NES PoP Still rules along with the SNES version of it. Both rock. If you disagree, you fail.

Oh yeah, this is the wrong section to talk about games, this should be under Media Center

Much better, those actually make sense and I agree to a point just because they are based off something obvious and logical. As far as the whole can't kill yourself thing, I find going through the same parts over and over again just as annoying as dying all the time, so it's just another switch out they did when compared to normal gameplay. But I see where you're coming from when you say babied, and I agree there too, it was made a lot more lax and laid back, but that's one quality I like about it, after all the fast paced intense games I'm normally on, this one makes me happy to play, cause I play it for the game itself, not just to beat it. That's something we probably will never agree on, and that's fine, you certainly aren't forced to like the game :P Just don't bash it unnecessarily please, it's annoying.

-Audio

PS The reason I didn't put it in media is because it was also supposed to be able ripping the models and what I could do with them, but we kinda went off on a tangent in another direction. I don't consider models to be media, more custom work stuff, but this post had elements of both media and custom, so I just posted it here.

Technically, it's media.

Media is plural of Medium, which just refers to the material through which ideas are conveyed, which pretty much encompasses all communication and art.

And I don't bash the game unnecessarily, I bash it out of necessity, because the gaming industry is currently suffering terribly from the influx of people from the console games and casual gamers that don't have any semblance of elitist desire, so we get EA, and other games that cater to money instead of being good games.

This game is amazing visually, the graphics were astounding and I actually enjoyed interacting with the world, the problem was such that the interactions were highly linear and repetitive.

Compared to the Sands of Time trilogy, there's very little in the way of puzzle solving, so I further cast judgment on the game for using the PoP name to sell itself, as it's one of the aforementioned techniques built around revenue.

Sands of Time were (combat aside) very puzzle oriented in "how do I navigate the terrain to reach the goal", where as PoP was "I have to come back to this area later and touch that seal that isn't activated to get to that area".

There were only 4 or 5 instances in the entire game in which I had to actually look around or think in any capacity to progress through the game.

So, as a visual and art based experience? Wonderful game.

A game wrought with interesting gameplay and inventive dynamics that are on par, further, or otherwise expand the Platforming genre? Not even close. The game actually fares far more into the realms of Adventure, evidenced by the low complexity of combat and the simple nature of linear (while open) world navigation.

Granted, PoP are linear in progress, but it never felt to me that point A to point B was a line, more that each area was a realm to be navigated, PoP degraded into simplicity in which I could move about without any thought at all, only falling when I jumped when I didn't mean to.

I agree to a certain point once again, it's more like a platformer this time around. But once again, you are comparing it too much to the past games, where it is more a departure from them in many ways. We've established that it's a great game visually and that you don't like certain parts of it for whatever reason, ok.

And as far as the media thing, I don't care to get into that much detail, but when I am discussing ripping models, there is no medium, so it is not media, that's why I put it here, it's just an idea, not an actual action or thing. The models themselves are the media, not the idea of ripping them. Please don't recite definitions to me.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, I play the game to relax, it's not supposed to be a challenging and overly difficult game in my mind, I appreciate the laid back nature of it, even the love story type thing it has going on, it's just different and fresh to me. It's a different direction than most games, so yeah, how many more times can I said the same thing in different words. It's hard to compare something different to an old idea and expect them to be the same or w/e it is you're doing here.

-Audio