Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyX6942

Cold Cures

I feel like shit and this crappy benadryl, the only goddamn medicine we have in the house, is doing nothing. Any tips? Also, a bit off topic but I googled benadryl for spelling, and they make that shit for dogs. Wtf?

ummm, i like chicken soup :) usually makes me feel alot better

or sex. always works just dont get the other person sick lol.

but yeah chicken soup and rest :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AnarchyX6942 @ Jan 21 2009, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I feel like shit and this crappy benadryl, the only goddamn medicine we have in the house, is doing nothing. Any tips? Also, a bit off topic but I googled benadryl for spelling, and they make that shit for dogs. Wtf?

Zicam, take lots of b and c vitamins. Benadryl is an antihistamine and decongestant, but you should get at the root of the cold and flush it out. Lots of fluids, eat salty stuff like chicken soup and broth with some salt. Zicam and vitamins usually help me kick the cold in a few days. I also think that taking hot showers helps cause you sweat most of the virus out.

Surprisingly I find Yorkie bars to be a great cure. Suck on it until it melts and it really relieves your throat. (and tastes good).

800px-Yorkie_bar.JPG

Soup, Lemsip, Hot squash etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AnarchyX6942 @ Jan 21 2009, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

If you have a stuffy nose, get Mucinex D, then some nyquil and dayquil, that combonation does wonders for me.

Feeling a little bit better today but now it feels like someone shoved wads of cotton in my ears and the pressure's just building up. I spent 3 hours and finally got my right ear to pop but my left one refuses to cooperate. I tried some dayquil and nyquil and it seems to be helping.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AnarchyX6942 @ Jan 22 2009, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Feeling a little bit better today but now it feels like someone shoved wads of cotton in my ears and the pressure's just building up. I spent 3 hours and finally got my right ear to pop but my left one refuses to cooperate. I tried some dayquil and nyquil and it seems to be helping.

Those are treatments for the cold, yes. But like I said, Zicam, Vitamins, and lots of fluids and you will feel better a lot faster.

We make something called "sick soup"(chicken soup pretty much, had a few vegetables in there, some noddles)

You can't beat that shit when you have a cold

Having something warm and easy going down your throat helps a lot

If your throat is sore, gurgling salt water usually helps

fox.bios summed it up pretty well. Eat a lot of oranges for vitamin C or buy the tablets at the nearest supplement store. I've been eating an orange a day and that keeps most sicknesses away.

Yorkie bars ARE delicious Sandman, but I think I prefer Crunchy bars :)

Take Tylenol Cold & Sinus for the cold.

Speaking of cold viruses, anyone see the latest episode of Fringe? Man, that would suck to die like that.

Screw tylenol, Take Nyquil and get both night time and daytime.

That alcohol got lowered again :( and thats what made it good :(

it went from 40% to 20%, then 15%, and now its at a low 10% :(

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Junzou @ Jan 22 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Yorkie bars ARE delicious Sandman, but I think I prefer Crunchy bars :)

Take Tylenol Cold & Sinus for the cold.

Speaking of cold viruses, anyone see the latest episode of Fringe? Man, that would suck to die like that.

May just be me, but that stuff never helps. :(

Medicine does more harm than good; they merely mask your symptoms while putting a stress on your already stressed body.

There's no way to cure your cold but you can get over it a little faster. Read what fox said and the read it again.

For a sore throat try tea with milk and honey.

Stuffy nose equals a raw onion or garlic.

Vitamin C, e.g., "EmergenC".

Soup to comfort.

You get a fever for a reason. Unless it rises to a high level I suggest doing nothing to cool your body. Our body can sustain life above 98.6 degrees while infections in our body cannot. You live and they die; why try to stop that.

Doctor CoinStar13

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Succulent Meats @ Jan 22 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Airborne

Vitamin A overdose FTL; seriously.

Guest ShadySTDs

I just want to go through and make a correction to a few of the things. Vitamin C will not shorten or reduce the symptoms of a cold, it merely helps prevent it. (source http://www.newsweek.com/id/70628 )

although there is a cold reducer out there that you can buy ANYWHERE, but the down fall you have to start taking it the day that the symptoms arise. It is ZINC!!!! something that simple it does leave a metallic taste in your mouth while your on it but, I would rather have a 2-3 day cold than a week! A common product that I use when I start feeling a cold is Cold-eeze (quick link to Cold eeze http://www.coldfight360.com/)

and source for the Zinc info http://www.uspharmacist.com/oldformat.asp?.../alte/feat2.htm

As far as the B vitamins they are matabilizim boosters, so they make you feel "better" but its a good idea to take them daily anyways, because their main catalyst to allow your body to absorb them is vitamin C, So find a good daily supplement like One A Day's or Like I take Spring Valley's Super B-Complex, So you get the B vitamin "Boost" while getting the Vitamin C to prevent the cold all together!

Shady out!

there is no cold cure as there is no HIV cure , even if there was a cold cure it has many permutations

now what you can do is work on the symptoms

one way to clear out your sinuses is cs gas (tear gas)

and actually headache type medicine works ok for cold symptoms