Sign in to follow this  
Rootbeer

CSS crashes

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chronx @ Nov 25 2008, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Defrag the cache, if that doesn't work reinstall.

On That.

Right Click CSS -> Properties -> Local Files -> Defrag Cache Files.

Just incase you didn't know.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rootbeer! @ Nov 25 2008, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Oh I already did both of those. It still didnt work. And its still not working :angry:

Your copy of CSS is mad at you, because you haven't played in so long. :P

On a serious note, when trying to run CSS, does it crash giving you the Windows error thing, or just completely quits out?

Uhh when I start up css, it takes me to the loading screen, then it quits and a hl2.exe error pops, followed by an application error. Wierd shit, one buddy told me its a steam thing thats been happening all day to lots of people and that restarting steam would fix it but apparently I'm an exception to this fix.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rootbeer! @ Nov 25 2008, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Uhh when I start up css, it takes me to the loading screen, then it quits and a hl2.exe error pops, followed by an application error. Wierd shit, one buddy told me its a steam thing thats been happening all day to lots of people and that restarting steam would fix it but apparently I'm an exception to this fix.

Strange.

Isn't there some kind of steam registry file to can delete, than restart steam to fix everything?

There's something like that, although I'm not completely sure what it is.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rootbeer! @ Nov 25 2008, 09:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Oh right. Now I just gotta go randomly deleteing stuff in my steam folder and everything'll be just fine.

If only, lol.

But I know there was some kind of file though that would like reset Steam..

If that worked, we could almost all computer problems by deleting our System32 folder.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rootbeer! @ Nov 25 2008, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Organik F U B A R @ Nov 25 2008, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Whats the error message?

It's a driver error thingy.