Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyX6942

LEFT FOR DEAD DEMO

Heres a technique. Its a tactic that we made up. (maybe others made it up too before us) and we called it the jackie.

Basically you go into a place wheres theres only 1 Main entrance. (other entrances are places where zombies dont usually go to.) 1 person goes there (if its big 2) and just melees the zombie and pushes them back. THEY WILL NOT RECIEVE DAMAGE OR MAYBE 1 HIT. even if its a huge amount of zombies. Everyone else just shoots. Beware if you see tanks/witches your screwed. If you see hunters/smokers save them QUICK

Melee in this game is too powerful. You can fend off entire hordes with melee without getting hurt, and you can reload while you repeatedly do it. Win.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kelso @ Nov 15 2008, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Melee in this game is too powerful. You can fend off entire hordes with melee without getting hurt, and you can reload while you repeatedly do it. Win.

Agreed.

Died once so far... hunter latched onto me, all 3 of my teammates from across from me didn't even notice ...

Guest Fohacidal

Screw the jackie, I have a move I call the leeroy jenkins, just rush through both entire levels.

And it actually works on expert to, I always rush, its about knowing where to run, what to hit and what to shoot. Hell Iv even gotten past tanks (only twice, when they spawned on top of the subway cart). However with that said, if you rush you have to be VERY wary of tank or surprise hunters, if you see one while rushing and dont react/run fast enough your screwed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kelso @ Nov 15 2008, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Yer, I think valve needs to fix that.

Nothing is more scary than having lots of zombies come towards you,

for you to pull the trigger, and all you hear is a click.

Despreatly trying to reload before tehy get next to you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kelso @ Nov 15 2008, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Thirded...maybe if it wasn't able to hit 20 zombies at once it'd be alright, takes the fun out of the zombie masses since you can just smack them off you before taking any damage.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kelso @ Nov 15 2008, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I noticed that yesterday. I look over at one of my teammates and see like 10 zombies being beaten to death by him just repeatedly meleeing them in the face.

I don't like it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chronx @ Nov 16 2008, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I think this game is to easy, even on expert. But thats prolly cuz im really good at this game always leading my team.

That made me laugh, if expert is too hard, try playing with forced director panic, you will cry and turn the game off.

I hardly use melee because its cheap. If you wanna make it hard, don't use melee unless its really needed. I'm almost done pre-loading it. Can't wait to play the full game :)

Great method to pull is "I hide and you shoot"

Right when you get on the main street kill off hunters/smokers and run directly to the safe house. Before going down the steps, shoot the car *(sets off alarm)* and run into the safe house and close the door. If your teamates catch up and try to open the door, just close it again. Let them kill the zombies. And if they die? well is the safe house, they'll just respawn =D

Btw its just 2 checkpoints in one map, not two maps. Imagine this time 50. Its gonna be hella sweet.

We need a UV server for this, oh and, everyone who didn't buy this yet, do it now, it's a Valve game, and you get more then what you pay for, allow me to explain:

-Updates from Valve (Like TF2 except they are gonna go totally overboard on this game with new campaigns, new maps new game modes, they are already working on new maps.)

-User Made Content (Like in Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, all Valve games.)

-Insane replay value because the AI Director always randomly places enemies in different parts of the maps (People have complained that it isn't random, but because it's a demo the director does not work properly, because it's limited to 2 maps, the director tries to squeeze everything in the 2 maps, and that results in certain enemies appearing in the same place more then once.)

-It's a Valve game, when have these motherfuckers ever let you down, with games like Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress, They are one of the best in the PC action games market.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SwitchBlade @ Nov 16 2008, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

We need a UV server for this, oh and, everyone who didn't buy this yet, do it now, it's a Valve game, and you get more then what you pay for, allow me to explain:

-Updates from Valve (Like TF2 except they are gonna go totally overboard on this game with new campaigns, new maps new game modes, they are already working on new maps.)

-User Made Content (Like in Counter-Strike, Team Fortress, all Valve games.)

-Insane replay value because the AI Director always randomly places enemies in different parts of the maps (People have complained that it isn't random, but because it's a demo the director does not work properly, because it's limited to 2 maps, the director tries to squeeze everything in the 2 maps, and that results in certain enemies appearing in the same place more then once.)

-It's a Valve game, when have these motherfuckers ever let you down, with games like Counter-Strike, Half-Life, Portal, Team Fortress, They are one of the best in the PC action games market.

I bought it Friday after I got my pay check and Its preloaded And yes, Valve is amazing. We need a few servers so that there are more people able to play. Yeah, this is a demo, the real game will make you shit your pants :) The real game has 4 campaigns and each campaign has 5 maps.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UrbanerMezei @ Nov 11 2008, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I'm hearing mixed reviews.

Just to clear this up, the pre-order demo had been out for 2 days, and the public for like oh 4 hrs maybe, and this is just the demo and your saying you've heard mixed REVIEWS? From who? Fail. Anywhoo, if anyone feels like winnen, me and my buddy are averaging 1/5 wins on expert so hit me up if I'm on. SteamID is same as forum name. Also, I wouldn't say melee is overpowered, you still have to time it right because if two zombies are just a bit out of sync when running towards you, you'll nail the first but the second will get you. While it may be fun to beat one or two to death, it just takes way too many hits to kill a zombie when you're being swarmed. It might push the ones in front of you back for a moment or two, but that just makes openings for ones from the side and rear to mess you up, and on expert, you're only looking at 4-5 hits, if that, and you're down. Also, for anyone playing normal or advanced, grow a pair, the only real way to experience this game to its fullest is when you're the last man standing and your milliseconds away from picking your buddy up right next to the exit and the Directory fucks you by making a smoker tongue molest you.

IMO melee is the only way to survive Horde on Expert. I typically back into a corner (the subway train works awesomely for this) and crouch, punching the crap out of everything while my teammates with SMGs hose down the mob. Failing teammates, I just get into a corner and punch everything until the SMG reloads and I have space to use it. You can 'lol noob' at me but a lot of the time I'm the only guy to survive the terror, while my teammates all die because they wanted to rambo and/or shoot it out.

The only way to beat Expert is to constantly run and shoot. If you stand in an area making sure you kill off every single zombie, hordes will come from where you just were and from up front. You need to be at a constant pace, is saves health and if your together makes you target out smokers/hunters. The only time you should be standing anything close to still is if a boomer manages to get you. You cant run away from the onslaught of zombies coming. You just need to constantly punch and shoot while your teamates shoot them off your back (you will most likely go down) Also, Save health packs. If you go down, dont use it. Wait until after your second down or 3/4 of your team is in the red. This alows you to progress farther in the game having as much supplies as possible.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Only on Tuesdays @ Nov 17 2008, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

The only way to beat Expert is to constantly run and shoot. If you stand in an area making sure you kill off every single zombie, hordes will come from where you just were and from up front. You need to be at a constant pace, is saves health and if your together makes you target out smokers/hunters. The only time you should be standing anything close to still is if a boomer manages to get you. You cant run away from the onslaught of zombies coming. You just need to constantly punch and shoot while your teamates shoot them off your back (you will most likely go down) Also, Save health packs. If you go down, dont use it. Wait until after your second down or 3/4 of your team is in the red. This alows you to progress farther in the game having as much supplies as possible.

Very true, and from what i have seen, that is the one mistake that people make the most, the game is designed so you keep a fairly fast pace though the level, almost never stopping, and its good to always close doors behind you because if a horde comes they will have to break through the door first to get to you, giving you time to finish them before they get a chance to get near you, this game is all about being smart and playing as a team, just like in Basketball, you aren't going to win a game if you don't share the ball, same rule applies for Left 4 Dead, watch each others backs, help each other out etc. That's the name of the game, if you don't like it, then go play CSS or something else.