Sign in to follow this  
Audiovox

rawr

So, I realize I've been pretty much absent from all activity on the forums and servers for the past few weeks to a month, and I miss it greatly. However, this is not a resignation letter or a "You guys where fun, but I'm moving on" thing, I'm just dropping by to say I do still lurk the forums a bit in my free time and I haven't forgotten about you guys and all the work I've done so far, however half finished most of it may be. I have every intention of coming back to do stuff, but my life has been rather taxing this year, seeing as I'm a senior in HS and Marching Band has been kicking my ass (we placed 1st my last competition though :P) We have had a new band director and many many changes in the way things are run, it's over all a much better structured program. Any who, competition season's done and it will chill out a bit more soon and I'll have more free time to screw around. In short, what we expected has happened, summer vacation is over and life kicked most of us in the ass for trying to act as we did over the summer when we had real responsibilities to deal with. I really want to get back to mapping and maybe even a bit of coding, but I don't quite feel like dealing with the whole server maintenance thing yet and having to deal with P2 and getting all that set back up, and I'm not even sure if they would do it so readily in light of my absence anyways. All that aside, I have not forgot or dissed you guys, just kinda busy and preoccupied like most of the other on the forums, no big deal. See ya soon.

-Audio

W00T!!! He's still alive!

Audio you know I love you man, hopefully by the time you get freed up from all your crap I'll have a new computer or at least working boot camp on this one so I can get back to distracting you with lulz while you try and get shit done.

lol, I'm leaning more twords mapping over coding cause I can do that without a server to play on and it's free reign as far as what I want to do and who I want to give it out to. So yeah, I want to work on the BG map and a few other soon. Alphabet, I am a percussionist in Marching Band, however I play many other instruments such as Piano and String Bass and Drum Set for Jazz, I also arrange and compose music for the band to some extent. I luff music :3 That's mostly why I've been gone for such a long time. Hope to have you bothering me soon Sex ;) Good luck with Boot Camp and the Mac in general though, never personally dealt with one.

-Audio

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Audiovox @ Nov 9 2008, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

lol, I'm leaning more twords mapping over coding cause I can do that without a server to play on and it's free reign as far as what I want to do and who I want to give it out to. So yeah, I want to work on the BG map and a few other soon. Alphabet, I am a percussionist in Marching Band, however I play many other instruments such as Piano and String Bass and Drum Set for Jazz, I also arrange and compose music for the band to some extent. I luff music :3 That's mostly why I've been gone for such a long time. Hope to have you bothering me soon Sex ;) Good luck with Boot Camp and the Mac in general though, never personally dealt with one.

-Audio

Sweet, mapping is funner then coding anyway, more creativity and the fact that you see what your building come together as you do it kinda makes it more entertaining then typing up line after line of text and searching through large, completed files for tiny syntax errors. Anyways, I can play css with crossover, but it's laggy and frankly not very fun as is. So since I can't play well, map at all, and coding without access to css would be pointless and torturous, I've started making sigs and playing around in photoshop to pass the time. Hopefully I'll be up and running with windows by the tiem I get bored of that, because frankly, I'm out of shit to do.

-<strike>S3Xmagik</strike>

.... oops, that's your thing.

I saw your sigs, seems you have a knack for em, keep up the good work. I enjoyed scripting cause it was the basis for pretty much everything on the server, it provided a way to manipulate the game play from a different stand point than just mapping. That and I just like challenge in general.

-Audio

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Audiovox @ Nov 9 2008, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I saw your sigs, seems you have a knack for em, keep up the good work. I enjoyed scripting cause it was the basis for pretty much everything on the server, it provided a way to manipulate the game play from a different stand point than just mapping. That and I just like challenge in general.

-Audio

I never said I didn't enjoy scripting. I just think the mapping gives a bit more immediate satisfaction because of the 3d view in hammer and whatnot. I suppose it makes it easier to maintain my motivation over multiple hours on a single project.

I hear ya, too much of anything is bad I suppose, mapping and scripting balanced each other. Unfortunately, both of those are CSS related, therefore, too much CSS was a bad thing lol.

-Audio

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Audiovox @ Nov 9 2008, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I hear ya, too much of anything is bad I suppose, mapping and scripting balanced each other. Unfortunately, both of those are CSS related, therefore, too much CSS was a bad thing lol.

-Audio

Well, you've had a nice, long break from all of that stuff for awhile now, so hopefully it won't be too long before we see you back in action and getting shit done. Btw, you may not be interested in being a full time coder anymore, but you might have to help out the wcs servers a bit... Espy moved on, and Polis went missing apparently. Bios said he'd help out again, but it is two highly populated servers which face a lot of issues, so I'm sure he can use all the help he can get.

Yeah, I've been keeping up on the happenings a bit. Wcs *sigh* Well, should it become that big of an issue I might be able to do something to help. Tbh, I think the Surf server needs a bit of help, but even there I think we are messing with a user base that likes it the way it is, dunno. Lol, here we go again :P

-Audio

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Audiovox @ Nov 9 2008, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Yeah, I've been keeping up on the happenings a bit. Wcs *sigh* Well, should it become that big of an issue I might be able to do something to help. Tbh, I think the Surf server needs a bit of help, but even there I think we are messing with a user base that likes it the way it is, dunno. Lol, here we go again :P

-Audio

lol, I forgot that you actually know what's going on because you still lurked for ages, you just never posted >.> .. W/e, lets worry about that stuff later, then the whole shitstorm of problems that comes along with it can strike. As for surf, I dunno, I never take that place seriously. It's hard for me to judge what the surf regulars actually want because, personally, I think the rpg mod is stupid, which immediately sets me at odds with them, because they clearly enjoy it.

Well, RPG, just like WCS, has an acquired taste. I've never liked WCS much, but a lot of others do, on the flip side I do enjoy RPG. Go figure. Everyone who has been here for a bit can see what could happen to the surf server from 100000 miles away if we start messing with it. It would be like ZM revisited. By the way, how are ZM1 and 2 doing anyways? I got out of the habit of reading ZM posts cause I always found them either rhetorical or they pissed me off, so idk what's been going on with em.

-Audio

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Audiovox @ Nov 9 2008, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Well, RPG, just like WCS, has an acquired taste. I've never liked WCS much, but a lot of others do, on the flip side I do enjoy RPG. Go figure. Everyone who has been here for a bit can see what could happen to the surf server from 100000 miles away if we start messing with it. It would be like ZM revisited. By the way, how are ZM1 and 2 doing anyways? I got out of the habit of reading ZM posts cause I always found them either rhetorical or they pissed me off, so idk what's been going on with em.

-Audio

They are currently a massive bucket of fail and AIDS. I'm not exaggerating. I believe that zm 1 is down right now and it's been like that for awhile, zm 2 is empty 24/7. Apparently we went in the wrong direction with those servers >.>

Heh, yeah I kinda just stopped caring after a while. While I still love the server, it's like dealing with a retarded step child most of the time. Though it's not any one persons fault, it all came together to spawn a nice piece of crap ^^ Kinda like the piece of art work you just keep messing with till it's completely ruined and no longer holds the original concept or inspiration. lol

-Audio

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Audiovox @ Nov 9 2008, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Heh, yeah I kinda just stopped caring after a while. While I still love the server, it's like dealing with a retarded step child most of the time. Though it's not any one persons fault, it all came together to spawn a nice piece of crap ^^ Kinda like the piece of art work you just keep messing with till it's completely ruined and no longer holds the original concept or inspiration. lol

-Audio

Perhaps that's true, but I still find it hard to abandon the zombie server. The first UV server I played was zombie, back before !propmenu and whatnot, Then I quit css for a few months and when I came back, UV's server was right there in my favorites list. It's the reason I'm here... Besides I dominate zombie mod, it's hard not to like a server that you pwn in.

Well it's not so much that the idea of the server sucks, it's more a preconceived idea brought on by the community that any change in the way the server is ran will fail. So in all honesty, it is the fault of the players and most of the people on the forums that would rather have things the same and not try the new things AND they bitched about it without offering up good solutions. This is the reason I stopped caring, as long as the community thinks any change will fail, it could be the best idea and greatest game play and it will still "suck". So yeah, there was nothing we could really do I guess. Future changes will have to remain secret and we will have to just drop em in so people will be forced to try it out and form a logical and informed opinion that will actually help. Also, when I said retarded step child, I was referring more to the way it was maintained and how everything worked than the actual mod itself. I.e. dealing with the ftp and responsibility issues and all that good stuff. Either I'm here to do a job as you ask for it or I don't do it at all, no jumping through hoops for me. Feels like the old days again with my walls of text :P

-Audio

EDIT: And yes, I still love playing on the ZM server, but used to be every time I went on someone knew I was the creator of the mod and always asked if something could be changed or they always bitched about it, so it was best to just stay away from it. Obviously I can't stay away from the server I work on and do good work at the same time eh?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Audiovox @ Nov 9 2008, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Well it's not so much that the idea of the server sucks, it's more a preconceived idea brought on by the community that any change in the way the server is ran will fail. So in all honesty, it is the fault of the players and most of the people on the forums that would rather have things the same and not try the new things AND they bitched about it without offering up good solutions. This is the reason I stopped caring, as long as the community thinks any change will fail, it could be the best idea and greatest game play and it will still "suck". So yeah, there was nothing we could really do I guess. Future changes will have to remain secret and we will have to just drop em in so people will be forced to try it out and form a logical and informed opinion that will actually help. Also, when I said retarded step child, I was referring more to the way it was maintained and how everything worked than the actual mod itself. I.e. dealing with the ftp and responsibility issues and all that good stuff. Either I'm here to do a job as you ask for it or I don't do it at all, no jumping through hoops for me. Feels like the old days again with my walls of text :P

-Audio

Well, at least for now, you won't have to worry about the population bitching about proposed changes... there is no population. Oh, and I kinda missed the walls of text, besides you have good grammar / spelling, so if I'm interested in the content at all, it's not painful to read. I am willing to admit that when I'm scanning topics that I don't particularly care for while I'm bored, I have a tendency to skip your massive posts. =)

I hear ya, I tend to get into it a lot, that's why I simply lurked the forums and didn't post, don't have the time to get overly involved in all the forum happenings right now. I'd skip my posts as well if I was just looking to get the gist of what was going on mostly cause by the time I read one of my posts I coulda scanned another topic or two xD All that aside I like to make my points clear and expect anyone that reads my posts to actually care enough to post a good response, so it is an effective way of rooting out the idiots most of the time, it's the very reason I expect many have not posted responses lol I love you guys :)

-Audio

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Audiovox @ Nov 9 2008, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I hear ya, I tend to get into it a lot, that's why I simply lurked the forums and didn't post, don't have the time to get overly involved in all the forum happenings right now. I'd skip my posts as well if I was just looking to get the gist of what was going on mostly cause by the time I read one of my posts I coulda scanned another topic or two xD All that aside I like to make my points clear and expect anyone that reads my posts to actually care enough to post a good response, so it is an effective way of rooting out the idiots most of the time, it's the very reason I expect many have not posted responses lol I love you guys :)

-Audio

You just indirectly called me an idiot... jerk.

Do my face.

Ahahahahaha, what a great conversation. WCS strikes again.....

-Audio

PS You are the ONLY one posting, but thanks for giving away the joke...jerk. :P (I still love you guys)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Audiovox @ Nov 9 2008, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Ahahahahaha, what a great conversation. WCS strikes again.....

-Audio

PS You are the ONLY one posting, but thanks for giving away the joke...jerk. :P (I still love you guys)

Fuck... well, no one else knows the context of that quote... I felt so fucking stupid. Anyways, the reason I'm the only one posting is because this has become more of a 1 on 1 conversation then an open debate... you can't blame everyone else for ignoring it or reading and not posting.

Yeah yeah, I know, I just feel like messing with them anyways. Someone else will post eventually, might as well give them something to relate to and talk about.

-Audio