Sign in to follow this  
Bob

Lowering the drink age?

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatb0yHAZE @ Nov 2 2008, 12:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

why not?

Ok then, tell me how your right to vote is comparable with your right to drink alcohol...

if you feel that people under 21 are not mentally developed enough to be responsible enough to drink, then why would they be mentally developed enough to make an informed decision on national matters?

Of course, if you feel that matters of deciding the fate of this nation requires less maturity than a matter of "to drink or not to drink", then that is your stance.

I know that when I was a teenager, one of the reasons I had fun drinking was because it was illegal and their was some risk and excitement. Now since I can legally drink, I have to go buy an ounce of coke to get the same effect. (jk)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fox.Bios @ Nov 2 2008, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I know that when I was a teenager, one of the reasons I had fun drinking was because it was illegal and their was some risk and excitement. Now since I can legally drink, I have to go buy an ounce of coke to get the same effect. (jk)

I agree, I have a lot more fun when I drink because I know I'm not supposed to. I've never been caught drinking so it's even more fun knowing I have to sneak about.

But I wouldn't lower it to 18. I just don't see any positive outcomes for it.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fatb0yHAZE @ Nov 2 2008, 01:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

if you feel that people under 21 are not mentally developed enough to be responsible enough to drink, then why would they be mentally developed enough to make an informed decision on national matters?

Of course, if you feel that matters of deciding the fate of this nation requires less maturity than a matter of "to drink or not to drink", then that is your stance.

But then your argument leans more toward raising the age to vote, which has no consequence on mental development as opposed to lowering the drinking age, which does, and even if it didnt, can get you killed...

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Nov 2 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

But then your argument leans more toward raising the age to vote, which has no consequence on mental development as opposed to lowering the drinking age, which does, and even if it didnt, can get you killed...

Foh, if you're not going to make a legitimate argument, just stop. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr Clickerson @ Nov 2 2008, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Foh, if you're not going to make a legitimate argument, just stop. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

What? Over half the time you are throwing shit onto the forums and calling them facts and common knowledge. Im surprised nobody is calling you out for every post you make because your always so full of yourself. Just because you know how to make gross over generalizations and re-type opinions in the form of semi-basic logic and reasoning doesnt give you the right to dismiss my claims of your abysmal debate skills and nonexistant research techniques...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr Clickerson @ Nov 2 2008, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Nov 2 2008, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

What? Over half the time you are throwing shit onto the forums and calling them facts and common knowledge. Im surprised nobody is calling you out for every post you make because your always so full of yourself. Just because you know how to make gross over generalizations and re-type opinions in the form of semi-basic logic and reasoning doesnt give you the right to dismiss my claims of your abysmal debate skills and nonexistant research techniques...

WOW! Will you both just stfu already...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr Clickerson @ Nov 1 2008, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Shut up, you're dumb

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Nov 1 2008, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

NO U

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr Clickerson @ Nov 2 2008, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

NO U

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Nov 2 2008, 04:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

NO U

Guys. Stop trying to tell each other how much the other sucks at debating. If you don't have something else constructive to post, don't post here.

Guest Fohacidal

Will you stop calling me out and notice zeus does this EVERY TIME i call him out on something or whenever he just feels like saying my arguments are pointless...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Nov 2 2008, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

no that wasn't my point. The voting thing was just an example. The fact is, by setting the drinking age at 21 while setting the age of being an adult at 18, creates a subordinate and inferior class of beings that are aged 18-20 who are denied the same rights guaranteed to all other adult citizens.

You guys are aware you don't have to respond to a post you don't like right...? You could just ignore it and respond to the ones you think are worthwhile...you don't have to piss on eachother every chance you get.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Nov 2 2008, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Will you stop calling me out and notice zeus does this EVERY TIME i call him out on something or whenever he just feels like saying my arguments are pointless...

I told BOTH of you to shut up, not just you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Nov 2 2008, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

wambulance_logo.jpg

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoinStar13 @ Nov 3 2008, 09:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

wambulance_logo.jpg

ah screw you ya little zeus humping buttmunch

Fox, that comment honestly isn't helping the situation. I know you are just calling them out, but now your in the fault too...

Anyway, this thread is officially derailed.

Create another topic if you want to discuss it in a mature fashion.