Sign in to follow this  
Eggcracker

Post Your Rig!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (slipomatic @ Oct 24 2008, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

have u tried getting some of stuff that supposably helps ppl with low income?

not to be mean or anything. but do you by chance smoke or drink, cause that would be one reason you wouldn't have much cash to save.

im sixteen, so no, and no. and i actually have like 6 hundred, but i have to save so i can halp pay for car in a couple of years (yeah havent even gone to drivers ed yet) but we poor, like file for bankrupt poor, so yeah.....:P

im in serious need of a job. but i have wrestling, so i dont get home till like 6:30 everyday, and on weekend with tournements ill be at them from like 7:am-10pm (no lie) so i would need a sunday job, and jsut work all sunday and save up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (UrbanerMezei @ Oct 24 2008, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

If it's playable and it's the only game you want to play then yes your system is fine.

From a hardware point of view the source engine is hardly a bench mark anymore.

im not at my house so i cant look at the specs on it, but i know ive checked and its unplayable (according to the steam website(like i dont even have good enough specs for the minimum requirements, not to mention the recomended) i think the only things that arnt good enough is my processing unit, and maybe graphics card.....)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Comp @ Oct 25 2008, 12:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

If you can drive take a stroll around a high-end neighborhood during bulk trash day. People WILL throw out towers with usable parts in them...salvage what's alive and build your own rig. On average you'll wind up with a pretty low-end computer but I'd be surprised if it couldn't run CSS. If you're lucky you'll find a tower with a Windows CD key on it too! That's a quick 80 bucks right in your pocket.

read above post, cant drive.....hmmmm but not a bad idea. think the dumpsters behind a computer store would have anything (im being honest, i have gone dumpster diving before.....its quite fun actually)

ugh. i hate being poor............

EUREKA! i just had the best idea in the world. ima create a youtube video, and it jsut be me and just start talkin how my parents life goal was to have a million dollars (or some bullshit thing like that) and ask everyone who watches this video to send me like $10 in paypal, so i can give all the money to my parents as a thankyou/birthday present (once again soem bullshit along those lines....) It could work. :P

Manufacturer: Razor Computers

Processor: Amd black box 5000+

Memory: 2 Gb Hyper X

Hard Drive: 3 320gb Segate Baracudda (2 in RAID1 )

Video Card: His Radion 8500 - 4now i has no moneys

Monitor: acer 31.5" tv

Sound Card: Aopen Cobra

Speakers/Headphones: 5.1 labtec

Keyboard: Idealzon Merc

Mouse: Microsoft Sidwinder

Mouse Surface: Allsop Metal/Wood mouse pad with DKG game pad

Operating System: Windows xp pro

Motherboard: Asus M2NR-SLI deluxe

Computer Case: ThermalTake Armor +MX

alright revolution, since u really need a job, my suggestion to you is that you finish the season for the wrestling and then focus on getting a job and secure some income and maintain ur fitness (if possible)

unless you're going for a wrestling scholarship, which would mean stick with it.

tough luck, but one or the other will have to be ur main goal.

sorry i can't be much help to ya.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LokijC @ Oct 15 2008, 06:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

This is my computer:

Operating System: Windows Vista Ultimate

System Manufacturer: Dell

System Model: Inspiron

Processor: AMD® Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ 2.80 GHz

Memory: 3.00 GB

DirectX Version: Directx 9.0c

Graphics Card: ATI Raedeon HD3650

Audio: Realtek HD Audio output

Mouse: Dell (stock) mouse

Keyboard: Dell (stock) keyboard.

;)

Is the HD3650 a good GFX card?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pinoy @ Nov 5 2008, 12:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Acrylic cases scratch too easily when putting them together.

It won't be so badass once that WC system starts to leak.

lol, hater.

They dont scratch if youre careful, and most scratches polish out easy. As for the leaking water, you should always run a leak test prior to fully installing everything and use a non conductive coolant if possible. Leaks are the last thing on my mind though, I worry more about fingerprints.

as i said before i have a computer that meets all the requirements to play cs:s (according to the site) except only thing im not sure about is my graphics cards, it is a "S3 graphics prosavage ddr"

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (I ARE MEOWTH @ Nov 9 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

lol, hater.

They dont scratch if youre careful, and most scratches polish out easy. As for the leaking water, you should always run a leak test prior to fully installing everything and use a non conductive coolant if possible. Leaks are the last thing on my mind though, I worry more about fingerprints.

No, I'm not hating on WC, because me and my brother are actually planning to use one for our next builds.

But, I do have friends who have their own WC system, and I've been there to leak test 2 of them. (Jumping the PSU, etc.)

It's been about a year since the first one, and he recently told me his shits starting to leak.

I don't know what he used for coolant, but he hasn't been online in awhile, lol.

Ive had a few watercooled pcs and have never had a problem. Maybe Ill be jinxing myself by saying this... But Im really not worried about it. Hell, if I fry everything that would be sweet. An excuse to rebuild. YAY!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (I ARE MEOWTH @ Nov 10 2008, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Ive had a few watercooled pcs and have never had a problem. Maybe Ill be jinxing myself by saying this... But Im really not worried about it. Hell, if I fry everything that would be sweet. An excuse to rebuild. YAY!!!

Haha, seems you have quite a big amount of discretionary income.

You might wanna get me a Christmas present :P. (HD 3650 AGP)

Manufacturer: Dell Computer Corporation

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.80GHz, ~2.8GHz

Memory: 2046MB RAM

Hard Drive: 79 GB Samsung

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2400 Series

Sound Card: Speakers (SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio)

Operating System:

Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080425-1930)

Take note that "soundmax integrated Digital Audio" is attached to my mother board and only has an output for sound, no line or mic.

Someone buy me a computer