Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyX6942

Eve Online

Guest starscream

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (meh @ Sep 30 2008, 06:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Fast cash? Sounds like you're doing a L1 agent. If you train up... *scratches head* Connections, I think, then you should get to L2 agents a lot faster. They pay better, but in L1-L3 missions the money's not in the bounties or mission rewards. It's in the salvage. Burned Logic Circuits, Melted Capacitor Consoles, and Alloyed Tritanium Bars all = bank. To be honest 13k isn't worth spending even one second of your time slaving towards; I made better money mining in a frigate. :P FFS elite frigates in missions at least have a 30k bounty or so. What's your character name? I'll donate the profit from my next L4 mission to him (should be 5-7m).

In terms of what you should go for - it depends what you want to do. I followed the generic route of frigate - cruiser - battlecruiser - battleship, and now I'm training up T2 Assault Frigates. :P If you're into missions, then get into the biggest ship you can as soon as you can afford to lose it. I.e. since you seem to be Caldari, you're set for missions. Caracal cruiser for L1 and L2 while you skill up and save money. Get into a Drake, passive tank it, and rape your way through L2 and L3 missions. Get into a Raven for L4 missions, and contemplate a CNR or Golem when you hit the real money. Ultimately all the ways of making isk (mining, missioning, trading, manufacturing, ratting, etc) get monotonous, but you should regard them as a means to an end, not an end in themselves. The end is whatever you want to use the isk for. :P

yea, those salvage parts are super bank. you get alot of other salvage bits that sell for alot less (but DO sell), but youll learn to LOVE seeing those in your cargohold on the way back to a station. And youll learn which ones are the goodies (he put prob the top three up there) that you should throw cheaper shit away to make room for if you MUST and cant be bothered to make trips back and forth from deadspace to station.

Also, im not sure if it was meh or someone else, but if you plan on going the mission/salvage route to make isk, train destroyers, the only thing my destroyer is used for is salvaging, and its worth it bc it cuts down ENORMOUSLY on salvage time, mine has 4x salvagers, 4x tractor beams, and an AB that i can run all day long. cuts HUGE amounts on the isk/time earning ratio considering my drake only goes like 200m/s and has 1 emergency salvager.

and then also, yea i went the generic route like meh, i have a drake (BC), a raven (BS), and then i trained up and now have a fast motherfckin Interceptor (t2 frigate) and today or tomorrow will be able to fly stealth bombers (cov ops route), so i chose that route instead of sitting around waiting forever to train capital ships, etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (starscream @ Oct 1 2008, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

yea, those salvage parts are super bank. you get alot of other salvage bits that sell for alot less (but DO sell), but youll learn to LOVE seeing those in your cargohold on the way back to a station. And youll learn which ones are the goodies (he put prob the top three up there) that you should throw cheaper shit away to make room for if you MUST and cant be bothered to make trips back and forth from deadspace to station.

Also, im not sure if it was meh or someone else, but if you plan on going the mission/salvage route to make isk, train destroyers, the only thing my destroyer is used for is salvaging, and its worth it bc it cuts down ENORMOUSLY on salvage time, mine has 4x salvagers, 4x tractor beams, and an AB that i can run all day long. cuts HUGE amounts on the isk/time earning ratio considering my drake only goes like 200m/s and has 1 emergency salvager.

and then also, yea i went the generic route like meh, i have a drake (BC), a raven (BS), and then i trained up and now have a fast motherfckin Interceptor (t2 frigate) and today or tomorrow will be able to fly stealth bombers (cov ops route), so i chose that route instead of sitting around waiting forever to train capital ships, etc.

Whats the point of the tractor beams, just so you don't have to fly to each individual wreck? and whys a Destroyer so good at salvaging, just cause its got the power/cpu to do so or does it just have a large cargo hold? And do you do this with someone else then or does a destroyer have enough slots to both create the wrecks and have that sort of setup? Also, about deadspaces, I'm assuming they're like dungeons in WoW or like out of cities in Guild Wars, are they individual instances or no? How do you find them? The only one's I've ever been in are the ones for missions. Plus what exactly are deadspace complexes?

*leans back in uncomfortable chair* Wall o' texsht inbound

Tractor beams are useful because no one enjoys flying to EACH INDIVIDUAL WRECK. That's maddening - and I would know, because in L1 and L2 missions I was stupid and used a fast frigate to salvage. :P In some missions, i.e. L4 Damsel in Distress, all the enemies are in a nice 20k-ish radius around you, so if you sit in one place you can bring your salvage destroyer back in and clean up all the wrecks in a short amount of time.

The destroyer is good because it has 8 high slots, is small (and therefore fast) and has a fairly large cargohold. Therefore with 8 highslots you can fit the 4x4 setup and be looting/salvaging four wrecks at once. Very efficient, and time = money. The destroyer is a ship that you fly yourself; basically you have a mission ship and a salvage ship. Once you kill everything, dock back at the station, hop into your salvage ship, and warp back to the deadspace to loot/salvage. (if you turn the mission in before undocking, the agent bookmark will vanish, so make your own. This is usually good if you don't want to fly through a ton of gates looting and salvaging; bookmark each 'room'.) In terms of cargo capacity... On L3 missions maybe you'll never max it out, but I've done L4 missions vs Serpentis where I've had 4k+ m3 of loot. I tow a jetcan around, dump everything into it, bookmark it, and come back in a third ship, an industrial hauler.

So, deadspaces. Deadspace is EVE's equivalent of the instance, but it is NOT individual. Anyone can probe your ass down and fly into a deadspace; the only exception is if it's gated and needs keys (for example bonus rooms in missions, or some complexes.) How to find them? Well, each mission you go into that uses a gate is a deadspace instance. Any time you fly through a gate at all, you're in deadspace; but there are other kinds of deadspace! There are Cosmic Anomalies, which you can find by using your onboard scanner; scan around planets to find these, they're essentially mini-missions that may end up with faction spawns or escalations to better loot/rats/whatever. There are Complexes, both static and scannable. Static complexes show up in your Map, and are stuff like Angel Creo-Corp Mining, etc. They give bounties, loot, and a chance at faction loot ($$$$) at the end. They're rated on a 1-10 scale, with 1/10 being the easiest and 10/10 being ridiculously hard. With great risk comes great reward though; doing harder complexes is worth it for the better loot and bounties. To find any complex greater than 2/10, you need to scan it down, which means you get into Exploration. And of course there are the other Exploration sites, i.e. Magnometric, Radar, Ladar, and Gravimetric. These translate out to Archeology, Salvage, Hacking, and Mining sites (not in that order). Grav = mining, and a good grav site in lowsec will have valuable 0.0 ore in it. A good grav site in highsec may have lower-end 0.0 ore, still way better than anything in highsec. A good grav site in 0.0... ka-ching! The same goes for the salvage, arch, and hacking sites. I suppose that you could argue that a safe spot (spot in the middle of nowhere, if you live in lowsec or 0.0 you'll live and die by safespots) is also deadspace, in that the only way to find it is to scan down someone in it.