Sign in to follow this  
Nifer

Evolution #2

Indeed, lets just hope we dont get distracted while fighting off the legions of super smart cows wanting their milk back or w/e

Don't insult my intellect. I didn't say it was a necessary evolution, its normal for a species to continue to evolve even after its not necessary. Our species thrives off of its superior intellect, and to say that our intellect being constantly challenged and strained would not continue to adapt. If my family were olympic athletes for 40 generations we would adapt to have a superior running ability due to it becoming seemingly a necessity.

Don't insult my intellect. I didn't say it was a necessary evolution, its normal for a species to continue to evolve even after its not necessary. Our species thrives off of its superior intellect, and to say that our intellect being constantly challenged and strained would not continue to adapt. If my family were olympic athletes for 40 generations we would adapt to have a superior running ability due to it becoming seemingly a necessity.

If your family consisted of olympic athletes (same sport) for 40 generations, they have already adapted.

It's those fucking cows Fohacidal. Someday, they'll try and take over, and you'll be glad we are smarter than them because of our ADHD.

I imagined you saying that over the mic and laughed... Hard.

Guest Fohacidal

Not really, even as you work out a lot you naturally adapt to those changes, bigger heart and lungs. Or heck you get bigger muscles as you work them out simply because of the load. Just because 39 generations of your family were runners doesnt mean youll be one, and even then thats not even evolution.

Wow, some ppl just make me laugh when they think were born from monkey. But it's thier opnoin.

Chronx I have trouble taking you seriously, since you are indeed retarded. But it is not an opinion when a person has 100 years of research and over 10000 books.

Umm, what u just said is retarted. Research my ass no one will ever know what happend 5billion years ago. Yet these stupid ass scientist's think they know what thier talking about. And guess who wrote those books, those stupid ass scientist.

Guest Fohacidal
Chronx I have trouble taking you seriously, since you are indeed retarded. But it is not an opinion when a person has 100 years of research and over 10000 books.

You do know there is still a SUBSTANTIAL amount of evidence and research needed to completely prove we evolved from a very inferior race of "monkeys"

Science and DNA samples my friend. If teh monkeys most of our DNA than they are our inferior subspecies. That means that we have some ties to them if not we came from them. Think about thier social structure also, they got a leader (president) that changes every so often, they got the mothers (bitches) and the sluts (men), children (young people) and hoboes ( the hated bullied one). They are very similar to us that way.

Umm, what u just said is retarted. Research my ass no one will ever know what happend 5billion years ago. Yet these stupid ass scientist's think they know what thier talking about. And guess who wrote those books, those stupid ass scientist.

Humans haven't been around 5 billion years.

There's no reason science and God can't co-exist, I don't know why you guys get so angry at evolution.

First of all let me congratulate you on having the understanding of evolution of a two year old. Life did not start on this planet 5 billion years ago. You of course have no understanding of evolution, you have not done your research, infact you probly have never read a page on evolution in your life. The discussion we were having child had nothing to do with a biogenesis or the evolution of a species starting at its one celled roots. We were discussing the evolution of humans from apes. First of all this would have began to happen about 40-60 thousand years ago, at the time the first primates began to stand up, this was the first step in human evolution. Those "stupid ass scientists" have an understanding far beyond you could ever even conceive, you think that because they defy your archaich desert scriblings that they must be wrong. For HOW DARE THEY BRING LOGIC, REASON, SIMPLE RESEARCH AND FACTS INTO YOUR WORLD OF SMILES AND RAINBOWS! HOW DARE THEY ATTACK A FUNDIMENTAL BELIEF OF YOURS! No these scientists don't just pull this stuff out of thin air, they go through decades of work proving their theories. They write the books that have taught us everything we know about our universe. You kind sir are an intellectual peon and I have no intention of speaking to you ever again.

Nope i don't give a monkeys ass what they think. And foh don't u beilve in GOD?

Yes he believes in god, as did I at one point. But accepting reason is something that most christians do, accepting evolution is not something that requires you to be an athiest, when I was a christian I accepted evolution. It is something that anyone of any faith or no faith at all can do, logic isn't just for non believers.

Guest Fohacidal
Yes he believes in god, as did I at one point. But accepting reason is something that most christians do, accepting evolution is not something that requires you to be an athiest, when I was a christian I accepted evolution. It is something that anyone of any faith or no faith at all can do, logic isn't just for non believers.

Well said

I read a book where, when we finally move off Earth, to extrasolar planets, each planet has a different 'type' of human. For example, after about 500 years OE ( Off-Earth, the measurement of years in the book ) Humans on a heavier gravity have developed to be shorter, stronger people with denser bones. Whereas the people on a lighter gravity planet were taller, thinner, and generally nimbler. When the heavier people visited the light planet, they could leap buildings and shit like that.

The point is that we adapt to our surroundings. We may start to 'evolve' immunities to toxic waste and pollution, if we keep introducing it to the planet. We will all become radioactive people, and so when we leave earth, we have to have a radioactive patch on, or else we go into Radiance withdrawl..

And when we encounter aliens, we can't contact them directly, because they will die of radiation poisoning.. But that's thinking too far ahead..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (azile0 @ Sep 21 2008, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I read a book where, when we finally move off Earth, to extrasolar planets, each planet has a different 'type' of human. For example, after about 500 years OE ( Off-Earth, the measurement of years in the book ) Humans on a heavier gravity have developed to be shorter, stronger people with denser bones. Whereas the people on a lighter gravity planet were taller, thinner, and generally nimbler. When the heavier people visited the light planet, they could leap buildings and shit like that.

The point is that we adapt to our surroundings. We may start to 'evolve' immunities to toxic waste and pollution, if we keep introducing it to the planet. We will all become radioactive people, and so when we leave earth, we have to have a radioactive patch on, or else we go into Radiance withdrawl..

And when we encounter aliens, we can't contact them directly, because they will die of radiation poisoning.. But that's thinking too far ahead..

That's called adaptation. If anyone doesn't believe in that you're a moron because it's already been said that certain viruses and bacteria have adapted so that our medication has little to no effect on them.

Sort of an odd point there, for all you know the aliens could already be immune to radiation, etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chronx @ Sep 21 2008, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

What are you smoking? did you not read the thread at all? We did not evolve from monkeys. We evolved from a similiar ancestor as monkeys. We have like 100 branches (all of which have died off, and were buried, so we can see exactly how long ago they lived) since that ancestor between us and modern monkeys. Do we know exactly the path that evolved us from that ancestor our modern day? No. Do we know of a whole bunch of transitional species of sub-humans? Yes - a WHOLE lot. Does a path exist? All evidence points to yes.

All evidence that is, except a section, in one book, in a 2000 year old book. Do you know the Vatican is one of the leading researches in evolution? Did you know the 'big bang theory' (Which, for the record, HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH EVOLUTION and is in fact in another branch of science, called physics) actually originated with a catholic priest?

You are calling facts opinions to rationalize your ignorance. Don't do this.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kelso @ Sep 24 2008, 02:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

When I think of Big Bang I always think, "So you're saying I was born from nothing"

corrected

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (chronx @ Sep 21 2008, 11:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

yeah Chronx you tell them! :) We could go one forever discussing evolution and arguing its point but its belief people as you are all entitled to. My personal opinion is based off what I see. I see people that resemble ape like features, now could that be a coincidence? Of course but I highly doubt it with biology the way it is. Things do evolve, and its proven. Do you really think there is one god out there and he made this? I don't know, but me personally... science out weighs religion.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fohacidal @ Sep 24 2008, 05:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

corrected

Actually the big bang theory starts at the big bang part. Before the big bang our physical laws did not exist and therefore physics cannot explain it. Our length, width, height, and time dimensions came from the big bang. Without those, our physical laws are useless and have no predictive or explanatory power. Talking about 'outside the universe' or 'before the big bang' is equivalent to asking how long you would have to walk before you fell off the earth.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Waylon @ Sep 24 2008, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

yeah Chronx you tell them! :)

When you are agreeing with someone whose insult is spelled wrong (it is retarded, by the way), perhaps you should re-evaluate your position. Opinion is fine to have. But again, if someone's 'opinion' is that 2+2=5, just because they are entitled to it doesn't mean that it isn't so very wrong.

Guest Fohacidal

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rubbersucky @ Sep 25 2008, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Actually the big bang theory starts at the big bang part. Before the big bang our physical laws did not exist and therefore physics cannot explain it. Our length, width, height, and time dimensions came from the big bang. Without those, our physical laws are useless and have no predictive or explanatory power. Talking about 'outside the universe' or 'before the big bang' is equivalent to asking how long you would have to walk before you fell off the earth.

Iv actually heard a theory that our universe is constantly collapsing and then expanding periodically from wherever the theoretical center may exist. So really everything exists and remains constant, but its really inaccurate to say the big bang is "2 rocks hitting" each other...

A common misconception about the Big Bang (and I can't stress this enough) is that the laws of our universe applied before our universe came into existance. Once you grasp that the flaws that you may find just seem to vanish.