Sign in to follow this  
AnarchyX6942

Need Some Net Halp

For some fucking retarded reason, I cannot plug my comp directly into my modem and get internet. I can get it through our router, but not that stupid ass modem. I've tried resetting it and everything, anyone know any networking stuff and can lend me a hand?

Try unplugging the power to your modem, restarting your computer and then plugging it back in after your compy is fully booted. Mine does this too for some reason when I switch computers or when I connect directly into my computer after being on a router.

Also, I dunno if it would have any affect or not, but maybe turn your firewall off while you are connecting and rebooting. It might not do anything but it's worth a try i suppose.

I believe they' be'est a spy amongst us.

Brii i had no idea you were a girl not to be off topic

Also, check the voltage output for the PC and see if by any chance they might be doing operational repairs down the road or something

Not sure, but this might help.

While you're directly connected to your modem, into the command console (windows+r then type in "cmd") run the following string:

ipconfig /renew

Also, try disabling and re-enabling your network connection (from the Control Panel go to "Network Connections", right click on the Local Area Connection, and disable; then re-enable it).

What I suggested can also just be accomplished by right clicking on that same icon and choosing repair.