Sign in to follow this  
exposedsoul

Today...

Even our Federal Justice System knows that face-value punishments do nothing.

Our Federal Justice System has 2 main responsibilities as far as I am concerned-

Rehabilitation

Keeping criminals off the street.

To fix the system they would have to do this.

1 strike 5 years.

2 strikes 6 years

3 strikes death.

In reality a person is going to do what they do unless they are faced with death. Sad reality.

Guest Phoenix2
Considering the fact that if you knew what I did you would not think its an "unskilled job". And if you knew how many things the inmates get you'd be pissed off at the prison system. Honestly, they SELL these guys everything they need to make homemade wine.(Bread fruit juice and sugar). They're only locked in their sells for 8 hours a day, and that when they go to bed. They have cable TV and they BUY the new DVD releases every tuesday. Most of the guys in there are homeless guys who robbed some store so they could go to prison. Its not like the guy was super upset about it, he laughed. His reply was "At least I don't have bills to pay, you pay them for me." So don't feel too bad for him. He was a child molester anyway. How's your sympathy now? The problem with the public is, like you junzou, feel that the people in there are treated poorly. In fact, there is a law that states that no matter what, a person who is incarcerated in the united states is absolutely guaranteed health care. NO MATTER WHAT. They get free college class as well. They learn a trade skills. If anything our prison system is too easy and they are given way too much. Someone who isn't knowledgeable on the subject should probably sit and listen or do some research before they decide to show how little they actually know. Oh, and by the way... Any time you'd like to trade me jobs i'd be more than willing to take a break. Most people think that being a C/O is sitting behind a plate glass window and watching inmates. Nope, you're right in there with general population. 2 c/os, 120 inmates.

Thank you for putting my thoughts to words for me. I've watched way too much Lockup on MSNBC to not notice how pampered the inmates are. The system needs reformation. Definitely.

Edit: Ponch, please stop acting like a troll.

My brother in law was in prison for 2 and a half years, frankly my sister even married him while he was still incarcerated.(spellchecks)

I find the topic of prison to be a tongue in cheek matter,

Its required..but its not a very good thing.

Considering the fact that if you knew what I did you would not think its an "unskilled job". And if you knew how many things the inmates get you'd be pissed off at the prison system. Honestly, they SELL these guys everything they need to make homemade wine.(Bread fruit juice and sugar). They're only locked in their sells for 8 hours a day, and that when they go to bed. They have cable TV and they BUY the new DVD releases every tuesday. Most of the guys in there are homeless guys who robbed some store so they could go to prison. Its not like the guy was super upset about it, he laughed. His reply was "At least I don't have bills to pay, you pay them for me." So don't feel too bad for him. He was a child molester anyway. How's your sympathy now? The problem with the public is, like you junzou, feel that the people in there are treated poorly. In fact, there is a law that states that no matter what, a person who is incarcerated in the united states is absolutely guaranteed health care. NO MATTER WHAT. They get free college class as well. They learn a trade skills. If anything our prison system is too easy and they are given way too much. Someone who isn't knowledgeable on the subject should probably sit and listen or do some research before they decide to show how little they actually know. Oh, and by the way... Any time you'd like to trade me jobs i'd be more than willing to take a break. Most people think that being a C/O is sitting behind a plate glass window and watching inmates. Nope, you're right in there with general population. 2 c/os, 120 inmates.

Protip: Anyone can do your job, it requires a week's training at most, it's unskilled labor.

I said nothing about treated poorly, I said nothing about them not being pampered. I said that he's locked up and you're being a cunt to him, and then you come here and brag like you're the king of the world. Rather than trying to justify why you're allowed to be an asshole (because you're jealous of the good treatment they get and think they should die for breaking a law 3 times), how about acknowledging that the people you guard are just that, people, and don't need to be treated like scum.

Protip: Anyone can do your job, it requires a week's training at most, it's unskilled labor.

I said nothing about treated poorly, I said nothing about them not being pampered. I said that he's locked up and you're being a cunt to him, and then you come here and brag like you're the king of the world. Rather than trying to justify why you're allowed to be an asshole (because you're jealous of the good treatment they get and think they should die for breaking a law 3 times), how about acknowledging that the people you guard are just that, people, and don't need to be treated like scum.

But, what if they are treated like scum, and they are in there for killing someone you knew and were very close to, or even you? What are you going to do? Nothing, their dead already. Unless it was "accidental" I see nothing but to put the person in jail. Kill someone once, you go to jail for 15-30 years, get out of jail. Kill another person, well your already maybe 50 years old, why not already fuck your life up again. Basically, the jailing system is "rigged" to say, and messed up favored toward some prisoners.

Edit: This wasn't meant to be a flame, or a troll, don't start a flame out of it..

But, what if they are treated like scum, and they are in there for killing someone you knew and were very close to, or even you? What are you going to do? Nothing, their dead already. Unless it was "accidental" I see nothing but to put the person in jail. Kill someone once, you go to jail for 15-30 years, get out of jail. Kill another person, well your already maybe 50 years old, why not already fuck your life up again. Basically, the jailing system is "rigged" to say, and messed up favored toward some prisoners.

Edit: This wasn't meant to be a flame, or a troll, don't start a flame out of it..

See, everyone assumes people go to prison for murder, rape, or both. Are there murderers and rapists in jail? Yes. Keep in mind that you can also be placed in prison for serving alcohol to your son and his war buddies (all of whom are under 21).

Or, better yet, be placed in prison for a crime you didn't commit. Did he target this particular prisoner because he raped a 10 year old? Highly doubt it, he was more than likely looking to just assert authority, as do most guards. This is elementary psych stuff, people in authority over people will be assholes, go look up the Stanford Prison Experiment.

See, everyone assumes people go to prison for murder, rape, or both. Are there murderers and rapists in jail? Yes. Keep in mind that you can also be placed in prison for serving alcohol to your son and his war buddies (all of whom are under 21).

Or, better yet, be placed in prison for a crime you didn't commit. Did he target this particular prisoner because he raped a 10 year old? Highly doubt it, he was more than likely looking to just assert authority, as do most guards. This is elementary psych stuff, people in authority over people will be assholes, go look up the Stanford Prison Experiment.

Well what I was saying, if you KNOW and SAW, would you just let it slip and do nothing? It was meant to be as in, they have evidence proving that they ACTUALLY did it, not just being framed etc etc

Well what I was saying, if you KNOW and SAW, would you just let it slip and do nothing? It was meant to be as in, they have evidence proving that they ACTUALLY did it, not just being framed etc etc

If someone is in prison, trust me, everyone "knows" they did it. Whether they're really guilty or not only they know.

noobtip: 8 hour testing to make sure you are qualified. You have to go stay at a dormitory for 5 weeks while you're trained 7 days a week. It pleases me to say that I can transfer right out of the prison into a police officer job anytime I wanted, but I'd take a 5 dollar pay cut. Like I said before, don't speak of something if you don't know the answers. So, needless to say I went through police academy training. Is there anything else you'd like to be educated on?

Severing alcohol to your son and his buddies won't get you put in prison. LOL. Tragically you have no idea how the system works. They would sit in a reception center for the 6 months that they had to serve for because of placement issues. That's only IF they didn't have to serve it in county jail, and it might not even be jail time, it might be a nice heafty fine. And our reception centers are packed because all the prisons in the state of Ohio are at at least 150% or more population. Junzou, you're JCS. You're in a position of authority. You just proved your point not me. Don't even judge me, you don't even know me. I crack jokes with inmates all day, but I do my job. I enforce the rules, and the inmates know I don't press alot of stuff I don't have to. If you think im stupid enough to be an asshole to an inmate you're wrong. They out number the gaurds 50 to 1. The last thing I want is assaulted. We've had 8 assaults on staff because staff were assholes. Junzou, go get informed.

whens your baby due?

I'm assuming your pregnant because of your distend hea...

What kind of rifles do the tower guards carry?

If only you knew me personally. You'd think quite the opposite. There are no towers.

Severing alcohol to your son and his buddies won't get you put in prison. LOL. Tragically you have no idea how the system works. They would sit in a reception center for the 6 months that they had to serve for because of placement issues. That's only IF they didn't have to serve it in county jail, and it might not even be jail time, it might be a nice heafty fine. And our reception centers are packed because all the prisons in the state of Ohio are at at least 150% or more population. Junzou, you're JCS. You're in a position of authority. You just proved your point not me. Don't even judge me, you don't even know me. I crack jokes with inmates all day, but I do my job. I enforce the rules, and the inmates know I don't press alot of stuff I don't have to. If you think im stupid enough to be an asshole to an inmate you're wrong. They out number the gaurds 50 to 1. The last thing I want is assaulted. We've had 8 assaults on staff because staff were assholes. Junzou, go get informed.

Yes, it will-- here's one such news story-- different ages, same point though (serving alcohol to people who are not yet 21) http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7060802795.html

And as far as being informed-- thank you, you just informed me. You're not an asshole, you just pointed out to an inmate that because he's in prison everything he accomplishes will still mean nothing in the end, and then you came to brag about it on an internet forum. Not asshole-ish at all.

And as far as there being no towers, I'm assuming you work in a resort rather than a prison. I'm from Leavenworth, Kansas, my best friend's dad was a warden, and I've seen how the prisoners inside are treated. Don't presume to judge me, either.

Yes, it will-- here's one such news story-- different ages, same point though (serving alcohol to people who are not yet 21) http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...7060802795.html

And as far as being informed-- thank you, you just informed me. You're not an asshole, you just pointed out to an inmate that because he's in prison everything he accomplishes will still mean nothing in the end, and then you came to brag about it on an internet forum. Not asshole-ish at all.

And as far as there being no towers, I'm assuming you work in a resort rather than a prison. I'm from Leavenworth, Kansas, my best friend's dad was a warden, and I've seen how the prisoners inside are treated. Don't presume to judge me, either.

Just because your friends dad is a warden doesn't mean you know anything. The fact that the guy thought it was funny proves it wasn't asshole-ish. If you don't like what I post about do everyone else a favor and keep your asshole opinions to yourself. If you want to love convicted felons go ahead. I won't stop you.

Prison isn't really all that bad unless you are getting beaten down. LIE, I personally think Prison is not all that nice.

The only way people in Prison make money, is by working, and making like 26 cents an hour.

They save the money and buy maybe some food snacks or what not.

And the whole DVD buying thing, I am not sure if that is a load of crap or not, I'll have to ask my Criminal Justice teacher tomorrow.

But if they are able to buy DVD's it's not like they can keep it in their cell.

They have to keep them in the lobby where everyone hangs out when they are out of their cell's and there is only like 1 TV.

And if they are found in their cells, during a lock down search, it is immediately taken away.

I mean, most of all Jails, and Prisons, consist of separated gangs based on religion to nationality.

The only was to survive is to look like a bad ass or a psycho so that people won't beat the shit out of you to take your shoes.

And Bubba, he is real and he is in every single Prison out there.

My Criminal Justice teacher worked as SWAT in New York City, and worked at a high position at Rikers Island Jail, and it's not too great.

He has told us so many things and had us watch so many real videos.

Prision, is not all dandy.

There is more than 1 murder in Prisons almost every day, you have to really literally watch your back.

The food you a served, is like High School cafeteria food and is not too great.

And if you save up enough money, yeah you get to buy a snack at the snack machine.

I mean it's not like the Government can deprive inmates from every single unneeded thing there is.

You can't just lock them up in Solitary for their whole sentence.

Whoo this is interesting, but it looks like nobody is thinking in perspectives here. Honestly you guys might be well informed and know people on the inside but I think since exposed actually works in the place, he's got a step up on the knowledge. I'm sure you guys know the difference between hearing about something and experiencing it, he's in there every day. The comment he made to an inmate could be something like someone calling someone else a nigger, depends who you talk to that finds it acceptable or not. To me he seems pretty damn intelligent and level-headed, I don't think there's any reason to question his ethics on jailtime manner over one comment which wasn't even really that bad.

Thank you for putting my thoughts to words for me. I've watched way too much Lockup on MSNBC to not notice how pampered the inmates are. The system needs reformation. Definitely.

Edit: Ponch, please stop acting like a troll.

I think you just could not think of an argument so you picked the statement you liked the best to agree with.

If a mass murder had to sit on a comfy chair for hours on end, I think he would go insane.

Prison isn't really all that bad unless you are getting beaten down. LIE, I personally think Prison is not all that nice.

The only way people in Prison make money, is by working, and making like 26 cents an hour.

They save the money and buy maybe some food snacks or what not.

And the whole DVD buying thing, I am not sure if that is a load of crap or not, I'll have to ask my Criminal Justice teacher tomorrow.

But if they are able to buy DVD's it's not like they can keep it in their cell.

They have to keep them in the lobby where everyone hangs out when they are out of their cell's and there is only like 1 TV.

And if they are found in their cells, during a lock down search, it is immediately taken away.

I mean, most of all Jails, and Prisons, consist of separated gangs based on religion to nationality.

The only was to survive is to look like a bad ass or a psycho so that people won't beat the shit out of you to take your shoes.

And Bubba, he is real and he is in every single Prison out there.

My Criminal Justice teacher worked as SWAT in New York City, and worked at a high position at Rikers Island Jail, and it's not too great.

He has told us so many things and had us watch so many real videos.

Prision, is not all dandy.

There is more than 1 murder in Prisons almost every day, you have to really literally watch your back.

The food you a served, is like High School cafeteria food and is not too great.

And if you save up enough money, yeah you get to buy a snack at the snack machine.

I mean it's not like the Government can deprive inmates from every single unneeded thing there is.

You can't just lock them up in Solitary for their whole sentence.

Actually, the STATE pays for them, the inmates don't buy them. They have a CD changer in a room in their rec area that plays 5 dvds all day. if you need proof here it is http://www.swank.com/ just click on corrections. I wouldn't lie about it.

And don't forget about a 17 year-old having consensual oral sex with a 15 year old. That's ten years right there.

exposed, I won't lie.

Prison guards are the 2nd most respectable job in my opinion.

Anyone else who thinks otherwise, is a COMMUNIST!

But yeah, why would I have to know you personally? I had a huge dome when I was shaved for paris island.