Sign in to follow this  
cloudabove1303

Any Tips For A Football Player?

Well, I would like to take this time to apologize to my clan about me not being present for the past few weeks. We started football and I start on Varsity and JV (cause JV's don't have many players). Anyways it's been a lot of work, starting practice right after school (3:15pm) and ending around 8:00pm. I also got 2 games a week cause I start both varsity and JV. Then also comes homework lol, basically I don't have any time to play (some of you may like that lol) except like on the weekends.

Anyways, on to topic. I was a lineman last year and my coach decided to bump me into a Outside Linebacker (Cause I was really fast like 3rd fastest on my team). I had my 1st JV game today and we tied it. Later on I asked the coach what I could improve on and he told me my linebacker footwork. I was a lineman so basically I have no idea what it means. I had 2 Interceptions and about 18 tackles (combined since I played both Nose Guard and Outside Linebacker). So, if any of you football players know what this means and can help me improve it, I would appreciate it if you would tell me.

Thx :)

Well, I would like to take this time to apologize to my clan about me not being present for the past few weeks. We started football and I start on Varsity and JV (cause JV's don't have many players). Anyways it's been a lot of work, starting practice right after school (3:15pm) and ending around 8:00pm. I also got 2 games a week cause I start both varsity and JV. Then also comes homework lol, basically I don't have any time to play (some of you may like that lol) except like on the weekends.

Anyways, on to topic. I was a lineman last year and my coach decided to bump me into a Outside Linebacker (Cause I was really fast like 3rd fastest on my team). I had my 1st JV game today and we tied it. Later on I asked the coach what I could improve on and he told me my linebacker footwork. I was a lineman so basically I have no idea what it means. I had 2 Interceptions and about 18 tackles (combined since I played both Nose Guard and Outside Linebacker). So, if any of you football players know what this means and can help me improve it, I would appreciate it if you would tell me.

Thx :)

Your linebacker shuffle.

I can help, I now play linebacker, we only run a 2 set, Mac(Also known as Sam, slower person) and Will(faster person).

I would advise you work on the hook-to-curl, basically if you are on the right or left, your outside foot drops back and you run back looking for the pass. Also, when you are in your stance, keep your head low, and focus in on the running back's thigh/hip, always trust the hips. If you want anymore help, xfire me.

By footwork he could have meant when you tackle, when you do, shoot you're arms through to the back, and wrap around and grab some cloth, keep your feet wide, and drive him back, when you go up to tackle, DO NOT slow down, faster you go, the less it hurts and the more effective it is.

Also, when you are in your stance, keep your head low, and focus in on the running back's thigh/hip, shoot you're arms through to the back, and wrap around and grab some cloth, keep your feet wide, and drive him

WUT?

Guest some fag
WUT?

I probably shouldn't be reading these forums during class- much less UltaPonch's... Thanks Ulta, now I look like a retard again.

I probably shouldn't be reading these forums during class- much less UltaPonch's... Thanks Ulta, now I look like a retard again.

Tbh I played offensive line in high school, but I just had to take the opportunity of seizing the word play in that sentence.

I can help, I now play linebacker, we only run a 2 set, Mac(Also known as Sam, slower person) and Will(faster person).

I would advise you work on the hook-to-curl, basically if you are on the right or left, your outside foot drops back and you run back looking for the pass. Also, when you are in your stance, keep your head low, and focus in on the running back's thigh/hip, always trust the hips. If you want anymore help, xfire me.

By footwork he could have meant when you tackle, when you do, shoot you're arms through to the back, and wrap around and grab some cloth, keep your feet wide, and drive him back, when you go up to tackle, DO NOT slow down, faster you go, the less it hurts and the more effective it is.

Aight Thx, I usually go on the strong side during the game. I think I am a Will witch I believe was the fast one wasn't it? Anyways thx for the tips, I'll be sure to work on the hook-curl, good lookin out :)

it could mean your response speed to changing direction and getting to the hit faster, and driving the hit farther,

Try stair work outs

1 footed circuit, skip 2 stairs, bunny hop, 1 footed circuit, then pick a point 10-15 yards away and run in a perpendicular direction, turn when you go 5 yards and sprint to the line. Roll your hips when you meet cloth and grip,

I played outside line backer too for UM,

Guest Fohacidal

Used to play TE and now Im playing for my schools tennis team so Im terrible help atm

My friend cant play any sports anymore cause he his 3rd concussion and now they dont want him to like get retarded if he gets another one so he cant play for the rest of his LIFE!