Sign in to follow this  
Longcat

Suggestions from the new guy

Hey I have been playing the Zombie Mod Server for several days and just joined today and I am going to propose my thoughts on how we could improve the server and fun level. Most of these have probably been mentioned before.

1. Do not remove infinite ammo, just reset the weapons so that they have normal clip capacity and have to reload when those clips are spent

2. Enable the "E" object manipulation(pull) feature for Zombies.

3. Remove Respawn. This really doesnt help anyone except the spawncampers because when the game gets near the end and you have a few persons well holed up and slaughtering zombies as they come, people start to spawncamp to get more kills. I propose that we either remove respawn or have every zombie killed respawn as a zombie if that is possible.

4. Add more maps! The maps on the server are very limited and I would like to see more maps like Boat Escape and Space Station Flee ( I know they lag with too many people) and just more Large maps where there are multiple hiding spots that discourage crowding like in Little City.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Longcat @ May 29 2007, 09:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Hey I have been playing the Zombie Mod Server for several days and just joined today and I am going to propose my thoughts on how we could improve the server and fun level. Most of these have probably been mentioned before.

1. Do not remove infinite ammo, just reset the weapons so that they have normal clip capacity and have to reload when those clips are spent

2. Enable the "E" object manipulation(pull) feature for Zombies.

3. Remove Respawn. This really doesnt help anyone except the spawncampers because when the game gets near the end and you have a few persons well holed up and slaughtering zombies as they come, people start to spawncamp to get more kills. I propose that we either remove respawn or have every zombie killed respawn as a zombie if that is possible.

4. Add more maps! The maps on the server are very limited and I would like to see more maps like Boat Escape and Space Station Flee ( I know they lag with too many people) and just more Large maps where there are multiple hiding spots that discourage crowding like in Little City.

We know all this sorry, but Phoenix2 is very busy at the moment and are doing his best... And the servers are new...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Metal Militia @ May 30 2007, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

No no. Thank you for the suggestions. I'll make sure Phoenix2 sees this and adds Little City at least for sure =)

We have little city and here are the maps that the guys don't want...

zm_citybrawl_b1 zm_gameshow zm_holdout_b5 zm_hospitalv4 zm_lila_panic zm_prc_deleris zm_undergroundstation_v2

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Đ&Ğ @ May 30 2007, 12:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

We have little city and here are the maps that the guys don't want...

zm_citybrawl_b1 zm_gameshow zm_holdout_b5 zm_hospitalv4 zm_lila_panic zm_prc_deleris zm_undergroundstation_v2

NO WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the maps you don't want probably.

Keep citybrawl, gameshow, undergroundstation, hospital, holdout, and prc deleris. Lila panic you can remove.

Longcat: We do have spacestation, but boat escape would just be horrific with the 30-40 people the server is getting now. We had it on the old one and it never worked fine (too much lag).

I've never heard of the "pulling" technique of zombies but that would be horrible. Ruins the point of barricades.

Reloading definitely needs to come back but like 1000 bullets is usually enough for people (even with machine guns).

Respawn needs to be removed.

As far as I know we had 4 pages of maps right now. Maybe some more could be good.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JustFetus @ May 30 2007, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Keep citybrawl, gameshow, undergroundstation, hospital, holdout, and prc deleris. Lila panic you can remove.

Longcat: We do have spacestation, but boat escape would just be horrific with the 30-40 people the server is getting now. We had it on the old one and it never worked fine (too much lag).

I've never heard of the "pulling" technique of zombies but that would be horrible. Ruins the point of barricades.

Reloading definitely needs to come back but like 1000 bullets is usually enough for people (even with machine guns).

As far as I know we had 4 pages of maps right now. Maybe some more could be good.

It's not the maps i don't like i asked alot of people about it so please don't accuse before you know it !

WELL since reloading is out of the question I think u should add pulling in the server for the zombies. Ive played in a server with it and well this should evn out the sides instead of making it one sided.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iLLeStSkiLLz @ May 30 2007, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

WELL since reloading is out of the question I think u should add pulling in the server for the zombies. Ive played in a server with it and well this should evn out the sides instead of making it one sided.

what is pulling ?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Plunkizzle @ May 30 2007, 09:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

the new guys is right thou we should make you have to reload but i really like he part about still keeping it infinite ammo

hmm yeah but then it's just ehm how many times do you run out of ammo '? yeah okay if you a nub and just spray it..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Đ&Ğ @ May 30 2007, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

what is pulling ?

Pulling is when humans put up a baracade like a soda machine, and then a zombie goes to the soda machine and press the E key or wat ever is the use button on what ever is movable and they can pull the object. Works better then jus stabbing at the object.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iLLeStSkiLLz @ May 30 2007, 11:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Pulling is when humans put up a baracade like a soda machine, and then a zombie goes to the soda machine and press the E key or wat ever is the use button on what ever is movable and they can pull the object. Works better then jus stabbing at the object.

Hmmm Sounds a bit annoying...

Guest VegetaFH1

first version of panics needs to be removed, granted its a classic but it doesnt suit the needs for zombie players anymore cus of the small size

limited ammo and no reload............. LMAO hell no, u'd run out of ammo very quickly even if u were using pistols and then u'd have to try kill zombies with a knife = next to impossable

Respawn should have never bin included in the server, its just a waste and total puts the human size and a very large advantage, plus with that u'd also need to find maps that ur able have ALL THE TIME buying of weapons, otherwise ppl will complain about not being able to buy weapons when they respawn

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ÄÂ&Äž @ May 30 2007, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Hmmm Sounds a bit annoying...

Nah Actuallly it makes everything a little more exciting because you have to keep zombies away from your barricade instead of just sitting around doing nothing in your little room. Also if you use doorways correctly (i.e. Using an Item longer than the doorframe) then they cant destroy your barricade. The only problem with pulling is that some people use it to pull a large item onto themselves such as a large crate and they hide inside so nobody can get them. But this can be solved by having an admin there at most times and having people report this as it becomes a nuisance.

Also, yes remove lila_panic. That is basically a beginners map because it has a little bit of everything and all those situations that you would need to learn in order to survive and you can use it to get accustomed to the mod. That being said none of us in the server are beginners and I know that I have played that map enough to become bored with it, especially on unlimited ammo. I propose we put up a POLL to decide if Panic is kept or removed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (VegetaFH1 @ Jun 1 2007, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

first version of panics needs to be removed, granted its a classic but it doesnt suit the needs for zombie players anymore cus of the small size

limited ammo and no reload............. LMAO hell no, u'd run out of ammo very quickly even if u were using pistols and then u'd have to try kill zombies with a knife = next to impossable

Respawn should have never bin included in the server, its just a waste and total puts the human size and a very large advantage, plus with that u'd also need to find maps that ur able have ALL THE TIME buying of weapons, otherwise ppl will complain about not being able to buy weapons when they respawn

are you fucking kidding me? the server was awsome when we didnt have unlimited ammo. no one would ever run out. we always gave players more than enough ammo.

Another problem that needs to be adressed: The turrets on spacestationflee_fix7 often kill the people who spawn as terrorists when they attempt to progress through the station. This becomes an extreme annoyance, especially if you are killed by them multiple times in one round after you respawn at terrorist spawn more than once.

Guest some fag

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JustFetus @ May 30 2007, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

I totally agree with you. I was, however, indifferent about the push/pull feature that the zombies had (yes we had this once on the server) but that got to be a hassle, because so many people got stuck in the "non-solid" objects.

Also, we need to keep Panic, its a great map, just overplayed... Maybe put a limit? Like have the map played maybe 3-4 times per day?

GET RID OF FUCKING RESPAWN AND UNLIMITED AMMO!!!! GAHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! srsly this has taken all the fun out of zombie mod. Now its just shoot everything you can whether its a zombie or not; walls, boxes, barricades, the other players' crotches... Set the ammo to about 400 or something, that way it takes SKILL to survive... Hehe, actually having to budget your ammo would be great.

A couple more problems I found today are people using the !teleport feature to escape when their barricade fails. I propose that improper use of the teleport feature becomes a bannable offense. Also on the Little City Map (Version 5 i think) the Collision detection seems to be broken because when I would attempt to jump on top of a couch, I would pass through it and then slide out. Is this just a problem with me or is this something everyone experiences that could be fixed?

thats kinda what its there for so ppl still have a chance on survival when being rushed thing of it as life what if they get you you die or do u want a get outta jail free card lol i would

Guest VegetaFH1

Sad act is, while ppl do use the !teleport feature for the wrong reasons, there is no way for admins to be on the servers 24/7, so u cant totaly stop ppl from doing that, also there is no way to ban them if its used wrongly, but i suppose it doesnt matter, if a zombie is smart enough they will teleport along with the CT/T who teleported and get them quickly

Sign in to follow this