Sign in to follow this  
identityzero

Bye guys

I can see what Rob is getting at...

Be true to yourself.... basically, don't force yourself to conform to a mold that you cannot fit. make your own mold. Be your own man.

If your convictions are to help people, then help peolple.

If your convictions are selfish, then be selfish.

Be true to yourself.... basically, don't force yourself to conform to a mold that you cannot fit. make your own mold. Be your own man.

and if your convictions are to act like only you know the truth and you want to flaunt it around, then do that. and then the people who believe you are an ass will attack you for it.

i never said that what he thought was right or wrong...

i just said i can see what Rob is getting at....

Rob just seems to be seeking enlightenment while suggesting to us that we seek our own enlightenment.

Fatboy, so far so good, but selfishness is kind of a negative quality in most cases, there for I wouldn't consider it advisable. Negativity never fails to breed more negativity. To be self centered, is to put yourself above everyone else in the scale of importance.. when like I said, were all on the same boat our jobs might be alittle different on that boat, but everyone is equal, unless they put themselves below. One of the ways to become below awkwardly is to put yourself above everyone else. To put yourself below on purpose just means you are a person of modest means. That is fine too, but everyone has the same power.. to contribute to the progression of the human race is an honor. Where as a 7-3 shift at McDonald's is not.. (No offense to McDs employees) Are things like this really necessary? Shitty food that makes you fat and partially addicted to it, so you get fatter and they get more bang for their buck? Bleh, anyways, great Fatboy

Fatboy, so far so good, but selfishness is kind of a negative quality in most cases, there for I wouldn't consider it advisable. Negativity never fails to breed more negativity. To be self centered, is to put yourself above everyone else in the scale of importance.. when like I said, were all on the same boat.

Does that mean you're finally going to step off your high horse? I've yet to see it happen.

I'm just saying in general, fatboy. I know how those quotes go, it gets messy. And I didn't say it came from the bible >> Back on topic (damnit, stop trying to sidetrack >:\) I think all this comes down to purpose. Everyone wants to serve some kind of purpose in life, to make a change, to do something to be remembered by. When it comes down to it, no one is ever really right or wrong, it's all depending on what you believe in that makes you who you are and what purpose you chose to fill. Even on a religious note, you may believe God gave you a purpose in live, some goal to fulfill, but it is by your own free will if you do it or not. Then again you could also believe what ever is going to happen will happen no matter what you do, so rather than worry yourself to death about it, you'll just do what you want to till it all goes down. So either way we are all wrong from some standpoint, someone is probably out there who thinks they have it right and everyone else is just stupid. To each their own. But, one thing I also know is that there is power in unity. Finding that common goal and using it to work out the rest is crucial to advancement and productivity as a whole. The clan is a perfect example of a common goal. We use the 6 symbols =(UV)= as a way to overcome our differences and conflicting views to achieve a purpose as a community. Whether or not we are successful depends entirely upon us as a group, without "us", there would not be the servers that we all play on.

-Audio

EDIT: Uhm, yeah, that took a while to type, it does not apply to the last few posts (or does it?? dunno haven't looked yet)

This all seems pretty obvious...I don't think there's any need to attack it but at the same time I don't think there's any need for it to actually be said. It's all good you figured this out but if you don't let people figure it out for themselves what good is it? You're just telling them what they need to know...but your advice only goes so far since you won't be there to hold their hand when they actually need to apply the advice; so they won't know what to do. I'm not going to say whether it's right or wrong since it's not my place...but I hope nobody gains a sense of ego through this; especially the people who are taking it seriously.

Fatboy > Yea kinda, but like I said, it was originally was a "just throwing it out there" sort of thing, but by not defending my actual convictions, would not make them convictions would it.

Junzou > Does that mean you're not going to fight my explaination and going to start a flame war on my topic ;) Fatboy has never been high and mighty to me, it's all about perception like I said.. be biased, be offended.. it never helps, except for fuel your pride and ego when you come out on top. When ego is bullshit to begin with, and pride is only required for your convictions.

Comp > This is only the tip of the iceberg, most people in their life time, follow so blindly they don't see that iceberg til it's too late, and their ship is already sinking. So this is more of "There are icebergs in the area sir!" To some it's not, but people don't actually apply it, they wander aimlessly, and fall into every hole along the way. I know the path is to be walked within one's self, I am just showing the start of one of those paths.. the walking is up to you guys..

Fatboy > Yea kinda, but like I said, it was originally was a "just throwing it out there" sort of thing, but by not defending my actual convictions, would not make them convictions would it.

Junzou > Does that mean you're not going to fight my explaination and going to start a flame war on my topic ;) Fatboy has never been high and mighty to me, it's all about perception like I said.. be biased, be offended.. it never helps, except for fuel your pride and ego when you come out on top. When ego is bullshit to begin with, and pride is only required for your convictions.

Being biased helps plenty, what the hell are you talking about. My biases are my beliefs, to ignore my bias is to ignore my beliefs, and that is the opposite of what you are preaching here.

i dont think that is what he meant junzou...

anyways, Rob isnt trying to be high and mighty, he isnt trying to be preachy.

He may come off as high and mighty and preachy, but im sure that is not his intention.

he is just putting stuff out there for us to consider. he is letting us know of his beliefs.

i dont think that is what he meant junzou...

anyways, Rob isnt trying to be high and mighty, he isnt trying to be preachy.

He may come off as high and mighty and preachy, but im sure that is not his intention.

he is just putting stuff out there for us to consider. he is letting us know of his beliefs.

Then he could have written it in a much, much different tone.

I'm removing myself from this conversation-- you guys want to stand here and let him talk like some sort of messiah or great philosopher, go ahead. You stand in your corner of the room and preach your truth, I'll go to my corner and watch as your cult grows. Buh bye.

Well, I think I might be able to sleep now. The only reason I'm even posting right now is cause I couldn't sleep, otherwise I'd be dead by now. Sleep is far more important to me than telling you guys what I've already thought about and decided, and how it does or does not conflict with your ideas. I don't really think anyone will budge, cause while we might change provided a good reason, none of what we argue can be proven beyond doubt in the minds of someone apposing our ideas. And a lot of it is just in our nature. And what is true for me might not be true for someone else, or be convenient enough to suit their situation. So, have fun and good night ^^

-Audio

Being biased helps plenty, what the hell are you talking about. My biases are my beliefs, to ignore my bias is to ignore my beliefs, and that is the opposite of what you are preaching here.

How long have you searched yourself for your beliefs and your convictions? Being biased is keeping barriers, being neutral, is having no barriers. Though if I had strong biases I wouldn't want you to give a damn for them, same goes the other way around. Being biased is counter preductive to the spiral, we are meant to branch out neverendingly.

There's a difference between biases, beliefs and convictions. Biases means I'm wrong and you're right. Beliefs.. are meer theories of convictions. Convictions are strong principles you mold within yourself. Convictions are they kind of thing you keep your entire life. Beliefs can be shattered. Biases block you're ability to accept the other side of the argument.

Well sorry you're turning your biased head and turning your biased deaf ear to this conversation. I like you Junzou, but argh wow man....

I know Audio, but like I said, this started out as a goodbye, and a "just throwing it out there" kind of statement..

So you know the path we should all walk? And you're going to guide us to that path? Sarcasm, sorry, but that kind of annoyed me. Sounds like you're talking down to everyone like you already know where people should get their way of thinking from. You're also talking like there's only one path to choose from...you're a little foolish yourself, and I don't think you should be lecturing others even though I don't disagree with what you're saying. That's my opinion from what I've seen so far.

you kind of completely missed the point comp...

did you read all the posts?

I think that is like the exact opposite of what he is saying. Rob doesnt want anyone to follow any one person. He wants everyone to find their own way in life, whatever that "way" may be.

Wow, this has gotten pretty epic in record time. Ok, keep it under control guys.....

Ooo, one last post. Comp, I think this is where the idea of my truth might not work for someone else kinda comes into play. Often times I don't even share my opinions on subjects just cause what is true or what works for me might not work as well with other people. I think there are many different ways to come to see your own truths and build your own beliefs and ideas, so many different people that I don't think any one way could work for them all. So I try to give advice sparingly and only when I think the person might be able to use it in a good way. Otherwise you end up like this >>

-Audio

How long have you searched yourself for your beliefs and your convictions? Being biased is keeping barriers, being neutral, is having no barriers. Though if I had strong biases I wouldn't want you to give a damn for them, same goes the other way around. Being biased is counter preductive to the spiral, we are meant to branch out neverendingly.

There's a difference between biases, beliefs and convictions. Biases means I'm wrong and you're right. Beliefs.. are meer theories of convictions. Convictions are strong principles you mold within yourself. Convictions are they kind of thing you keep your entire life. Beliefs can be shattered. Biases block you're ability to accept the other side of the argument.

Well sorry you're turning your biased head and turning your biased deaf ear to this conversation. I like you Junzou, but argh wow man....

Sorry you type like a fourth grader.

I freely admit I have bias and fairly strong opinions, but JESUS CHRIST Identity. You're like this guy.

For the record I think that you're a college student whose attempt to 'find himself' and escape from the confining shackles of mainstream society has gone drastically wrong. That, or you present a facade in public in order to exist within our imperfect world, and reserve your unfettered philosophical harangues for the internet.

So you know the path we should all walk? And you're going to guide us to that path? Sarcasm, sorry, but that kind of annoyed me. Sounds like you're talking down to everyone like you already know where people should get their way of thinking from. You're also talking like there's only one path to choose from...you're a little foolish yourself, and I don't think you should be lecturing others even though I don't disagree with what you're saying. That's my opinion from what I've seen so far.

And I quote myself from a page back.

I know the path is to be walked within one's self, I am just showing the start of one of those paths.. the walking is up to you guys..

There's a million forks in the road, and most of those roads lead to no where.. I speak from experience.. try not to be so condescending. It's not a lecture, I'm defending ideals and convictions, I mentioned in a couple posts prior "just throwing it out there."

Audio I'm the same way :3 Although with different quirks...I usually don't respond because it offends other people. I very rarely post like this! Cheers to finding similarities

Wait what? I'm sorry if I misread that...that's what let the insults fly for me..although I don't think I misread that, but I could've...but I really don't think I did? Sorry if I did misread that and it wasn't an edit.

Sorry you type like a fourth grader.

I freely admit I have bias and fairly strong opinions, but JESUS CHRIST Identity. You're like this guy.

For the record I think that you're a college student whose attempt to 'find himself' and escape from the confining shackles of mainstream society has gone drastically wrong. That, or you present a facade in public in order to exist without our imperfect world, and reserve your unfettered philosophical harangues for the internet.

I appologize to the American Grammar Nazi. They are called typos, they happen. You sneak you, you got me, you got me.

For the record, you are wrong, wrong, wrong, anddd.. wrong. For someone who is so analytical, you really cannot analyze me very well. You are biased, specifically against me, because previous encounters, and I offend your way of thinking. You are probably thee most narrow minded person on the forum. I'm sorry you look at it from a biased, very unstable very nonneutral position. Are you done now TRYING to insult me, because I do not have you're A-typical temper of a Grammar Nazi like yourself. You're so horrible at it, it seems like you're trying to whisper sweet nothings into my ear..

Fatboy > lol

Edit 1: Anyone have anything good to say on the topic, relating to philosophy and such topics before I head out for good? Reminder though, Xfire, and.. crap I think I just noticed it ISN'T on the left like I said before. (ok, it's up there now.)

Guest Fohacidal

I know Audio, but like I said, this started out as a goodbye, and a "just throwing it out there" kind of statement..

How can you preach not having a bias when you said 2 pages ago to maintain ones convictions.

Convictions = Beliefs

Beliefs = Opinions

Opinions = Subjective Ideal/s

Subjective Ideal/s = Bias

They are the same thing, your basically telling people to have an opinion but not express it, while at the same time telling them never to have an opinion and to remain impartial to everything because thats obviously how humans work.

You sir are completely wrong and Im calling you out on your flawed logic.

This is my first encounter with you Identity so I have no prior opinion of you. I honestly did not read your fist page rant and I didn't read what that guy with the pink Sparta icon quoted so I don't know what that's about, but what we threw around was pretty decent; however you could use more work on your speech. You have good ideas (from what I read) but you say them in a bad manner, like you're looking down on whoever you're talking to. I'm not saying that's true...however some people feel that to be the case, including myself. Not sure why I'm telling you this, probably because I feel like you might take a new unbiased opinion more to heart than people you've been talking with on the forums for a while.

It is becoming tempting to close this. I can only see antimosity brewing between each other and a sense of who is proving a better point being layed out.

Closing arguments gentlemen!