Sign in to follow this  
icecold960

Favorite TV series?

Hello everyone! I have a simple question for you. What is your favorite TV series (and i will also include anime because anime can be on TV) and why? I'll start off.

One of my favorite TV shows is Doctor Who. I was first introduced to it in high school and fell in love with it. One of my favorite doctors just happens to share my name irl. (the 10th doctor) xD Although, i will say my favorite companion(s) in the series would happen the Ponds (Rory and Amy Pond).

Now it's your turn! show me what you got!

Bae and her idiot frands got me into Supernatural. They were busy splooshing over this young idiot heartthrob

xfxXYOo.png

but I actually enjoyed the premise of the show. The two main characters go around hunting monsters, really similar to what Witchers do in the video game series but it's set in the modern day and age. Most episodes start out with them checking out a mysterious unsolvable murder/super grotesque death and I love this Scoobydoo aspect of the show: not who killed the guy but what. I also used to be really interested in folklore & mythology (and by extension mythological creatures) so it was pretty fun in trying to deduce and then recognize what the monster the guys were hunting as they themselves try to figure it out. They end up hunting a huge range of different monsters so it was pretty cool seeing them problem solve each monster's weakness using modern day tech (e.g. sometimes they could use shotguns loaded with salt to end a ghost encounter ezpz, others they gotta research some ancient & long forgotten incantation because thats it's only weakness).

10/10 would recommend, if not just to see Jensen Ackles smile. It's been running since '05 and the 14th season starts next week.

2 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Bae and her idiot frands got me into Supernatural. They were busy splooshing over this young idiot heartthrob

xfxXYOo.png

but I actually enjoyed the premise of the show. The two main characters go around hunting monsters, really similar to what Witchers do in the video game series but it's set in the modern day and age. Most episodes start out with them checking out a mysterious unsolvable murder/super grotesque death and I love this Scoobydoo aspect of the show: not who killed the guy but what. I also used to be really interested in folklore & mythology (and by extension mythological creatures) so it was pretty fun in trying to deduce and then recognize what the monster the guys were hunting as they themselves try to figure it out. They end up hunting a huge range of different monsters so it was pretty cool seeing them problem solve each monster's weakness using modern day tech (e.g. sometimes they could use shotguns loaded with salt to end a ghost encounter ezpz, others they gotta research some ancient & long forgotten incantation because thats it's only weakness).

10/10 would recommend, if not just to see Jensen Ackles smile. It's been running since '05 and the 14th season starts next week.

I honestly would go gay for Jensen or Misha. Supernatural is my #2 show