Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gollum42

2 new ze maps

Map: ze_surf_froyo_v2_1

Link: https://gamebanana.com/maps/195481

Server: Zombie Escape

Why: ze surf maps seem to help populate the server as long as they are not outrageously hard. I never played this map but I think its been fixed up enough for us to try. 

Requested by: Ms. Piggy

Maps: ze_evil_mansion_v1_final

Link: https://gamebanana.com/maps/181575

Server: Zombie Escape

Why: Its an old map but always popular and one of my favorites. Time to bring it back. 

Requested by: Gollum

Yo thanks man, was about to go suggest froyo myself. Also, just as a note, surf froyo is actually hard, it's comparable in difficulty to some of the surfs on rooftop. Still though, the only server I know of to ever beat the entirety of froyo is steam gamers, and I hope that we can be the second.

Edit: just to give you an idea of the difficulty of froyo, if you can beat surf_utopia (or most other t1 linear maps) you should have no issue dealing with froyo, but due to how frequently sG surfs, and plays surf maps I feel like this could be a good challenge, but still that, a challenge there will be trim.

I’m pretty sure surf froyo is coming back to sG. But idk about evil mansion. Like what Willy said, surf froyo is a very difficult map and it would be awesome if we can beat it.

Seems the same few maps come for suggestion every time. Idk we should just say yes or no to these maps instead of having to talk about the same thing every month or so.

We have already had a discussion about these maps in terms of difficulty or adding it to the server and it seems they will be added but froyo will most likely be only accessible for admin nominations which is ideal since it can kill the player count depending on the server situations. Maps like these should be carefully played/nominated or else we could end up with a lot of bitch fits about the maps in general.