Sign in to follow this  
CanadianBill

Fretta-like map voting?

I think with more maps the server could benefit from an end-map vote system, like: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=151583504

Set the cooldown for each map to like 3 or 4 so it isn't the same two maps. This would help stem any complaints about the lesser popular maps. Like the server tends to die out on Skycraft and Haven (although slightly less so)

My personal opinion is that there are not enough maps to include a voting system. Reasoning being stated above: people would just vote for the same map over and over reducing map diversity. If more maps were to be added maybe it could work, but I feel it would be pointless at the moment. IDK, that is just me.

On 12/24/2017 at 5:38 PM, Noah said:

My personal opinion is that there are not enough maps to include a voting system. Reasoning being stated above: people would just vote for the same map over and over reducing map diversity. If more maps were to be added maybe it could work, but I feel it would be pointless at the moment. IDK, that is just me.

There's a convar to add a cooldown, that a map can't be voted back to until X number of maps have passed. Just set to to (Map count - 2) that way at least a map or two can be avoided, if people want to.

On 12/24/2017 at 7:38 PM, Noah said:

That has always been the reasoning in the past.

On 1/8/2018 at 8:39 AM, ZachPL said:

That has always been the reasoning in the past.

We have more maps now and you can change the voting to pretty much only narrow it down to two or three maps of the, what, eight? That's like 6 hours between maps.