Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Battlemech7

Crypto Currency Mining Guide

So, have you been sucked into the hype around Crypto currency? To poor to afford to buy the coins directly? Well here is a guide to make you money at home using your gaming rigs or graphics card you may have laying around! For reference I make about $250-$300 a month on a single 1080ti card. Costs about 12 dollars a month in electricity.

Step 1: Find out your Algorithms.

This is fairly easy if you have the listed cards. Go to https://whattomine.com/ Enter in your card (s) and hit calculate. You should see a list of coins to mine but most importantly the Algorithms at the bottom. Scroll through and see which few are the most often repeated and write them down.

If you do not see your hardware listed, just continue with this guide. There is another way to benchmark your hardware to find the algorithms best for you. if you do not have modern hardware, this is probably a waste of your time. You should be using cards no older then 3 years.

3akGhaX.jpg

Step 2: Setup an Mining pool hub account

Head over to https://miningpoolhub.com/ and create and account. Once you are logged in, on the left hand side click on "Hub Workers". On the left type in a worker name (keep it simple) and a password. Such as "test" with a password of whatever you want. Hit "Add new worker". At this point you should have your worker listed under Hub Worker configuration. At this point you want to look under "Accounts default Job" and select your gpu type and the selection of Algorithms that best fit your findings from step 1 (or later on in this guide). Set this value beside your actual worker as well, and then hit "Update worker".

BxFDmn5.jpg

Now, go to the left hand menu and select "Auto Exchange". From the drop down menu select what coin you want to be paid out to. I select Bitcoin because I already have a wallet setup for it. You can choose whatever coin you would like to be paid out to, but YOU need to setup a wallet for that coin.

Once you have that set, go to the left hand side where it says "Pools" find your coin and click on it. Click on Wallet and put in your receiving address and your payout threshold. For Bitcoin is used 0.005 ($95 CAD). You can set this value to whatever you wish. Hit "Update account".

Step 3: Setup Awesome Miner

Finally go to http://www.awesomeminer.com/ and download the miner. When you first open it just close the "create a miner" wizard that pops up. Open options and go to 'Profit Switching'. Click the checkbox for 'Enable Managed Profit Switching' and also the box for 'Mining Pool Hub'. On the Mining Pool Hub line, for worker name enter: yourusername.workernameyouchose (from step 2, battlemech7.test for the example) and change your region to whatever is appropriate. Close options.

IzF9FMj.jpg

Now, to benchmark! Click on tool and select benchmark. Now, select either Nvidia or AMD depending on your card and select PRECISE benchmark. Select ALL the Algorithms EXCEPT BLAKE 2B. Blake 2b crashes the miner randomly. Hit start and let it do its thing. Could take over 10 minutes. Once it is done save to your profile.

atYij99.jpg

Now, go to options and select "Profit Profiles" select either Nvidia or AMD and hit edit. You should see your hash rates beside each algorythm. Uncheck BLAKE 2B and uncheck anything under atleast 30 Mh/s (Million Hash per second) anything that is 1 Gh/s is better then Mh/s so leave it checked. I also like Equihash for nvidia so I left it on. THIS IS WHERE people that didnt have their hardware listed can see what algorithms are best suited for them! Write down the algorithms that have the top stats for you and then hit save.

WYGxdIZ.jpg

At this point, go back to step two and properly setup your worker with the algorithms you wrote down. Skip this if you already new your algorithms and setup your mining pool account.

Now click the new miner button at the top of Awesome Miner and then hit next on the first screen. Select "Managed Profit Miner' and hit next. Enter it's description/name and choose nvidia or amd for the profit switching profile. On main Awesome Miner window, right click your newly created miner and hit start. That's it The miner will switch between coins to mine as the price drops based on the algorithms you selected earlier.

Let the miner run for about an hour to let it get a feel for your profits, you should be getting deposits based on your preferences based on the numbers reflected from the miner. You can also check mining pool hub, but it doesn't update all that often. Give it 24 hours to really see anything. What the miner says is what you are making.

As an example this is my miner.

Pr3VJqt.jpg

As you can see (after I restarted my pc) the miner has been active for 2.5 hours, and currently mining a Skein algorithm for the past 10 minutes for maximum profits. The miner switches when it find an algorithm that has a higher profit margin so if you see it making....say 4 dollars just wait it out and let it do its thing.

10 dollars a day isnt bad, but considering it has to run 24/7 and you have a 1080Ti it wil take years to actually "make" money, cool guide tho!

Edit: 350 a month will buy you a  1080Ti every 3 months so turning your money into 1080Tis might not be a bad idea

Thats the idea! 300 a month for 4 months buys me a new 1080ti...then im making 600 a month so then it takes 2 months to buy a third...so then it would take a 1 month and a bit. I already have a rig with three 1080ti's running. All bought from graphic card mining, no actual money that I earned while working. Your intial investment of time will be 4-5 months, then half, then half again...ect. You can end up earning quite alot (Im earning ~700 from my other rig and 250 ish from my gaming rig) very quickly once you start doubling every month.

As well, if oyu can get your hands on a SINGLE ASIC miner you are easily making 1,000+ a month. They generally cost around 1,500 to purchase sot hey would pay themselves off in a little over a month and then pure profit. I am trying to acquire 4 of them currently (all based off my mined bitcoin!). My end goal is to be able to pay off my student loan and car with my bitcoin cashed out!

2 minutes ago, Battlemech7 said:

Thats the idea! 300 a month for 4 months buys me a new 1080ti...then im making 600 a month so then it takes 2 months to buy a third...so then it would take a 1 month and a bit. I already have a rig with three 1080ti's running. All bought from graphic card mining, no actual money that I earned while working. Your intial investment of time will be 4-5 months, then half, then half again...ect. You can end up earning quite alot (Im earning ~700 from my other rig and 250 ish from my gaming rig) very quickly once you start doubling every month.

As well, if oyu can get your hands on a SINGLE ASIC miner you are easily making 1,000+ a month. They generally cost around 1,500 to purchase sot hey would pay themselves off in a little over a month and then pure profit. I am trying to acquire 4 of them currently (all based off my mined bitcoin!). My end goal is to be able to pay off my student loan and car with my bitcoin cashed out!

If it goes well maybe you can pay off my car as well!

Hey, hope it works out for you. Keep working for your goals!

20 hours ago, Don Juan said:

10 dollars a day isnt bad, but considering it has to run 24/7 and you have a 1080Ti it wil take years to actually "make" money

That is the issue with mining and buying hardware to try and make a profit. One thing people do is also resell their GPU so they make back some of the costs. BTW, these cards often flood the market so its a good way to get a GPU for cheap but just keep in mind they have been running for 24/7 so might not have much life left.

Now, if you just have a PC lying around like say your gaming rig and you don't use it half the day then it might be worth while to mine. You are just competing against energy costs then for profitability.