Sign in to follow this  
Ice

War3 sm_createmenu Suggestion

Can the War3 server get the sm_createmenu plugin (created by AntiTeal for the Zombie Escape Server) added to it? The plugin allows each person to create their own Source Mod radio menus (see the picture if you don't understand what I mean). This command can be incredibly helpful if you have a lot of binds and cannot remember which key goes to which bind or if you dislike the provided menus that the server offers. The command is used in the style of "sm_createmenu Title | Command 1 | Menu Option 1 | Command 2 | Menu Option 2| etc." If you hit the max length of commands in a menu, just make the menu into an alias and make a new menu that has all of the aliases in it (also menu options each have a max length of characters). Any server commands can be put into the menu (not option changes like voice_enable though) and when you click the option, it will execute the command as if you put it into the console (so you don't have to worry about people using commands they shouldn't have access to). Here is an example of a simple menu I created that could be used for war3 (radio menu shown in picture):

"sm_createmenu War3 Menu | say changerace rotd | Race of the Day | say CHEATER | Whine | say changerace random | Random | say buy tome | Buy Tome" 

Picture of the menu and console with the command in it

If you have any questions about it, either ask me and I'll answer if I know the answer (or ask Teal since he made the plugin) or jump on the zombie escape server and try it out since it is already on there.

Edited by _Ice_

There was a guy a while ago who made a post showing how to change the radio menus manually through your csgo files, which is a bit of a pain and it changes the menus in comp so you can't use them there. but yusss this sounds nice. 

1 hour ago, cookie eater said:

You can do things like this with the radio commands

https://imgur.com/a/o08Eb

Yes, although you have to edit the game files and can have at most 3 radio menus (not to mention some people like to keep the default radio commands). This plugin allows you to create and change them much easier and instantaneously and doesn't have the downside of removing the default radios for people (like myself) that want to keep them. Moreover, with this plugin, even if you prefer to edit the game files, you still can. This just adds the option so you can do whichever you find easier. Finally, it isn't like I am asking the engineer to spend time creating an entirely new plugin for something you can already do by editing game files; I am asking that a plugin that already exists on the Zombie Escape server is just copied over to war3.

EDIT: Reading this over, my response (specifically that last sentence) sounds a bit snarky. Didn't mean to come across like that, just trying to make my points clearer on why I want this plugin added.

Edited by _Ice_