Sign in to follow this  
TheAAAngel

Skill Surf Ideas/Complaints

Overall I am really enjoying the skill surf server (mostly play on Tier 1-2, need to beat those first) and it is really fun. Before JB and other CSGO game modes I found do to this community I no lifed skill surf. One thing I really do not enjoy is the cooldown for RTVing a map. It is too long (in my opinion) and is just annoying. I see why it is in place but at least shorten it down. Also some ideas can be like more fun things, like painting on walls (how other servers have). Will people draw dicks, of course,but I see it as a cool feature. One last thing, who is head admin of skill surf. Thanks for your time (of my opinion is worth something).

8 hours ago, TheAAAngel said:

Overall I am really enjoying the skill surf server (mostly play on Tier 1-2, need to beat those first) and it is really fun. Before JB and other CSGO game modes I found do to this community I no lifed skill surf. One thing I really do not enjoy is the cooldown for RTVing a map. It is too long (in my opinion) and is just annoying. I see why it is in place but at least shorten it down. Also some ideas can be like more fun things, like painting on walls (how other servers have). Will people draw dicks, of course,but I see it as a cool feature. One last thing, who is head admin of skill surf. Thanks for your time (of my opinion is worth something).

I agree that the rtv cooldown is really annoying and imo should just be removed. Currently there is no head admin of surf because @Destin abandoned it after doing a shitty job at maintaining it. Shoutout to @Jeff The Flying Shark and @ctark for fixing shit on that server, for now I guess they are the ones to goto for skill surf related things.

On 9/13/2017 at 10:01 AM, Cman said:

I agree that the rtv cooldown is really annoying and imo should just be removed. Currently there is no head admin of surf because @Destin abandoned it after doing a shitty job at maintaining it. Shoutout to @Jeff The Flying Shark and @ctark for fixing shit on that server, for now I guess they are the ones to goto for skill surf related things.

You and Jeff can both go fuck yourselves. You both single handedly killed surf before it could even get started. I gave Jeff permission to add maps and he added 70% Tiers 2's and some Tier 3's, to the point where there were less Tier 1's than Tier 2's, then you both would get on and nominate maps no one could beat except for like 3 people and we'd go from 20-40 players to 5-10, instead of being patient and waiting till the hard server was released. You both brought this "i dont give a fuck these idiots can just get good I wanna play muh hard maps." attitude and were selfish as fuck. Not to mention Clamps and Bulldog decided to wait 2 months before they picked SO's because I guess they only do work once a month now, but you seriously have the nerve to @ me and say I did a shitty job just infuriates me. You're complete cancer. 

Just now, Destin said:

You and Jeff can both go fuck yourselves. You both single handedly killed surf before it could even get started. I gave Jeff permission to add maps and he added 70% Tiers 2's and some Tier 3's, to the point where there were less Tier 1's than Tier 2's, then you both would get on and nominate maps no one could beat except for like 3 people and we'd go from 20-40 players to 5-10, instead of being patient and waiting till the hard server was released. You both brought this "i dont give a fuck these idiots can just get good I wanna play muh hard maps." attitude and were selfish as fuck. Not to mention Clamps and Bulldog decided to wait 2 months before they picked SO's because I guess they only do work once a month now, but you seriously have the nerve to @ me and say I did a shitty job just infuriates me. You're complete cancer. 

So you wanted more ponies is what you're saying?

Imma just make this simple, I did add a bunch of tier 2 maps to the easy server. They were mostly easy tier 2 maps, but a good amount of sG members were struggling. Hell sG people were even struggling with surf_beginner, but I didn't really care. The majority of randoms didn't have any issues with the maps I added. I never noticed a huge drop in population unless you're referring to when sG people played for the first week the server was up. That was the only time I recall the server having over 20+ people.

I never brought any kind of attitude to the server at all so I don't know whats your deal. All I had wanted was harder maps, but I never was an ass towards people like you're saying. You're greatly exaggerating for no reason whatsoever here. I never said anything bad about you regarding surf either so I don't know what the hissy fit is for. Got a problem with me take it to TMS then.

Edited by Jeff The Flying Shark

Just now, Destin said:

Not sure how we killed the server when I litterally had to do your own job for you on the hard server going through every single map in the rotation picking out which ones were either broken or needed rezoning. At first I would either post on forums with bug reports/maps not working or @ you on discord about specific maps not working. It didnt take long for me to realize  that you either didnt care out the server or just were too lazy to do anything. So from there I would just tell jeff about what changes needed to be made, or what maps needed help. Dont become a Advisor for a server if you have no idea what the fuck you are doing, especially if you are going to just fake step down once for "memes" and then proceded to actually step down a week or so later cause you dont want to do anything. 

17 hours ago, Avery said:

So you wanted more ponies is what you're saying?

LOL

On 9/13/2017 at 10:01 AM, Cman said:

17 hours ago, Destin said:

17 hours ago, Jeff The Flying Shark said:

Imma just make this simple, I did add a bunch of tier 2 maps to the easy server. They were mostly easy tier 2 maps, but a good amount of sG members were struggling. Hell sG people were even struggling with surf_beginner, but I didn't really care. The majority of randoms didn't have any issues with the maps I added. I never noticed a huge drop in population unless you're referring to when sG people played for the first week the server was up. That was the only time I recall the server having over 20+ people.

I never brought any kind of attitude to the server at all so I don't know whats your deal. All I had wanted was harder maps, but I never was an ass towards people like you're saying. You're greatly exaggerating for no reason whatsoever here. I never said anything bad about you regarding surf either so I don't know what the hissy fit is for. Got a problem with me take it to TMS then.

17 hours ago, Cman said:

Not sure how we killed the server when I litterally had to do your own job for you on the hard server going through every single map in the rotation picking out which ones were either broken or needed rezoning. At first I would either post on forums with bug reports/maps not working or @ you on discord about specific maps not working. It didnt take long for me to realize  that you either didnt care out the server or just were too lazy to do anything. So from there I would just tell jeff about what changes needed to be made, or what maps needed help. Dont become a Advisor for a server if you have no idea what the fuck you are doing, especially if you are going to just fake step down once for "memes" and then proceded to actually step down a week or so later cause you dont want to do anything. 

Look, all I am saying for this is that Destin couldn't be here for the journey oh well, that is alright we all have lives outside of this (except me). I really haven't seen the server pop at all. Only like max a few 4 or 5 MAX, other than that it is me alone and some NEW joins and it is just plain boring. I say the maps should be only Tier 2 not 3 or 2.5, theirs a dedicated server to that. If any remain, just remove them. Does Destin have fault into this, yes he does, but at the end we are humans and we make mistakes, I am one (Prime Example). Again if I can help at all, just let me know but hey who the fuck am I to have an option right?