Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nav

Mouse Problem

So idk why but randomly my mouse starts picking up feed back on mouse 1 or 2 and just holds it down like if I just move my mouse up or down it starts highlighting stuff or picking up stuff If I try to change a browser or something I haven't really done anything to affect my mouse it started today when I got on but yesterday it was fine

Pls helperino 

e409e8d941076558196b255805664217.gif

I'm not even holding down^

Or like this happens in team speak just by using scrollwheel

767e43ace76bb6a9ebf88ff5205b87c0.gif

Try a different usb port (if you're using the ones in the front, use the ones in the back and vice versa)

If it's a gaming mouse, check your drivers.

If the shit is still happening, buy a new mouse. 

Sorry I didn't respond on steam, my attention was drawn a number of ways at once. 

While everyone is offering some pretty solid advice a few very specific questions need to be asked.

1. How old is the mouse you have

2. Are you a heavy clicker.

My mouse (g9X) was experiencing the same problems and i thought it was the cord or usb causing it so i bought a backup just in case. What really turned out to be the issue was the 2 copper springs that produce the click to the switch as they were wore down from years of using it and that was actually producing the double click or clicking problems in general for me. Either google your specific mouse or look for youtube videos for help. Also there is a program call FixLMB which can help if its software or hardware related but its really more of a bandaid on a serious problem.

19 hours ago, Karma said:

Try a different usb port (if you're using the ones in the front, use the ones in the back and vice versa)

If it's a gaming mouse, check your drivers.

If the shit is still happening, buy a new mouse. 

Sorry I didn't respond on steam, my attention was drawn a number of ways at once. 

I have tried using different usb ports

I'm braindead how do I check the drivers?

18 hours ago, water.exe said:

While everyone is offering some pretty solid advice a few very specific questions need to be asked.

1. How old is the mouse you have

2. Are you a heavy clicker.

My mouse (g9X) was experiencing the same problems and i thought it was the cord or usb causing it so i bought a backup just in case. What really turned out to be the issue was the 2 copper springs that produce the click to the switch as they were wore down from years of using it and that was actually producing the double click or clicking problems in general for me. Either google your specific mouse or look for youtube videos for help. Also there is a program call FixLMB which can help if its software or hardware related but its really more of a bandaid on a serious problem.

Fairly new mouse

I don't consider myself a heavy clicker at least I don't think I click too hard

Do you think that it doesn't help that I play league and I click m1 a lot 

@Karma @water.exe