Sign in to follow this  
ATG_AGENT

Event Map Bug List / Suggestions

Warcraft 3 Map Event Bugs, Fixes, and Suggestions

To help the map creators who want to flesh out there map with fixes and revisions, please post in this thread the Map, and the bug in an orderly manner. I will then edit this main post to collect them all in one spot.

Once confirmed changes/fixes are implemented i will add them.

de_insulamcastrum - MrThaco @Mr.Thaco-Olmon

updated to de_insulamcastrum_v1-1

-Shifted T spawns to be in three different locations, each on separate sides of the maps to discourage CT's from going outside

-Added a secondary spawn for CT's in the Front Entrance to allow for faster times to Bombsite A for them and to make rushing to Bombsite A and planting more difficult

-Added 2 "Under construction" towers to the outside providing more cover to T's who are approaching the castle

-Added a entrance from Water to Bombsite A with a Ladder and a drop down from Front Entrance to Bombsite A to allow for more verticality and a harder time holding the Bombsite

-Added a entrance into the back of the Main Castle that is quite difficult to get into (Will fix in the next update)

-Added Projector in Classroom showing the most important information in the map

-Fixed getting stuck in barrels in Wine Room

-Fixed getting stuck between boxes on Bombsite A

de_ww2 - Jodas @Jodas

updated it to de_ww2_a1

Changes:

-Fixed Radar

-Blocked all roofs for the first 20 seconds of the round

-Closed off B 

-added 3 ladders for non flying races

-Detailed a building more

-Added planes/bombers to fly over the map every 20-35 seconds

-Fucked some shit up -lel

Updated to de_ww2_a2

-Roofs blocked for 25 seconds (every round not just the first round, my fail)

-Added bomb damage to a building on A ( from the bombers) Effects in your settings must be at high to see the fire.

-Added a 4th ladder for non flying races

-Removed 2 balcony's

-Detailed an area at A more to fix pixel walking

-Detailed 2 buildings on the route to B 

-Fixed a Prop not showing up

-Fixed a stuck spot (after the same person jumped in there every round lol)

-Blocked off the graveyard

-Made a few props not solid to fix Pixel walks

-Added a light to B

-Changed the color of some props

Updated to to de_ww2_a3

-Raised the sky box

-Changed the roof block to 20 secs

-Added a roof to the block

-Fixed a see through texture

de_exodus_blue_v1- Killer @KiLLeR

de_prisoncity -  BubbingScrubbles @turbulance

cs_jailbreak_v1 - Kid Fearless @KiD Fearless

Edited by ATG_AGENT

de_ww2 - really oughta close off most if not all of the roofs. given the steep angles of the alleys and what not, the rooftop is a ridiculous advantage and you can't in any way keep an eye on the sky while also worrying about what's on the ground.

not gamebreaking, but i thought you'd like to see the broken texture :P

qM5U2q4.jpg

also this spot needs to be removed

PLfqunC.jpg

as well as this bit

Sgelvix.jpg

maybe have a skill jump or something so we can get out of the canal without low grav or a teleport or w/e

xS9vPuS.jpg

Need more time with the other maps tho

de_insulamcastrum - i feel like this map would be better off if it were just the inside of the castle. as it is, it's hard for terrorists to actually get inside the castle. i think if the map were focused on just being inside you could add so many more routes and a little convolution and a cool upward battle for the t's to plant. having one entrance on the complete opposite side of such a large map where's the ct's can easily get to the top of the castle and snipe down before t's get to the front entrance is a little triggering.

cs_jailbreak_v1 - the ct's really ought to start inside the compound and the prison itself needs a lot. it's sort of silly that t's can push the ct's who have no cover at all. on top of that, once/if the ct's make it in the compound, there's no cover yet again, and the t's have seemingly inifinite angles to shoot from. you can't clear the room as a ct. no corners to check or anything. also remove collision from the lights.

de_exodus_blue_v1 - the pacing will be something to get used to. it's real easy for either spawn to get raped by flying or teleport races. visibility/lighting need to get tweaked. it's almost if not impossible to see people on the middle roof from the ground. the surfing in t spawn needs to be tweaked a little. this spot you can see through textures. it's not really game breaking as with the quick nature of the map, you'll hardly be alive to abuse it, but it's still a spot that'll create issues with the rules.

BDKKSci.jpg

also this floating spot

IAU66G4.jpg

xm25PaH.jpg

tpVF2TR.jpg

also this ceiling into ct spawn

xUTPZSw.jpg

Edited by LunaBadger

cs_jailbreak_v1

1.  The Jailbreak map made by kid i really like it! but i feel like it needs more cover for the CT, and a way to make it less t sided? 
  2. Edit: also if a player is playing recon scout, or human alliance, the t's can fly out and kill ct's without a problem there is no cover for the Ct's outside.

de_exodus_blue_v1

1. The sky is very bright kinda like its white, and it makes it hard to see the people on the roof
  2. the "broken wall" on the B site is not really broken you can shoot at a invisable wall and it blocks bullets going through 
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1051418724

de_ww2

it is allowed for flying races to get on the roofs before non-flying races... i just feel like all races are allowed, or none are for 25 seconds.

Edited by -Sharp-

de_insulamcastrum - MrThaco

add a ladder to the bottom water near ct so anyone can get into the lighthouse

de_ww2 - Jodas

well you already fixed what i neaded

de_exodus_blue_v1- Killer

Need to fix sky invis races can barely be seen.

de_prisoncity -  BubbingScrubbles

way to open sort of like italy extended which got removed because of how open it is.

cs_jailbreak_v1 - Kid Fearless

For Jailbreak I think he could just block off some cells especially if there was a lurker which is 95% invis u would have to check at least 30 spots maybe just close it off a little. And maybe a window for the T's

will edit for other maps once played

Edited by Leeroy

1 hour ago, trigger.exe said:

de_insulamcastrum 

idk if these gaps are suppose to be here, but it looks kinda odd. 

SdwbVAF.jpg

This was intentional to discourage camping outside, I made it so you couldn't drop down them to lower rush times for CT's wanting to go outside from the top.

2 hours ago, LunaBadger said:

de_insulamcastrum - i feel like this map would be better off if it were just the inside of the castle. as it is, it's hard for terrorists to actually get inside the castle. i think if the map were focused on just being inside you could add so many more routes and a little convolution and a cool upward battle for the t's to plant. having one entrance on the complete opposite side of such a large map where's the ct's can easily get to the top of the castle and snipe down before t's get to the front entrance is a little triggering.

I see what you're saying, I think shifting T's spawns to be closer to an entrance should help that problem. I'll see about expanding the inside to provide more routes going up and down

updated it to de_ww2_a1 -attg just needs to change it

Changes:

-Fixed Radar

-Closed off B 

4 hours ago, LunaBadger said:

qM5U2q4.jpg

also this spot needs to be removed

PLfqunC.jpg

as well as this bit

Sgelvix.jpg

maybe have a skill jump or something so we can get out of the canal without low grav or a teleport or w/e

xS9vPuS.jpg

Those spots will be removed once I am done with detailing, there is simply more important shit to do atm in my opinion.

I might add a jump out of the canal, dunno yet. I love seeing people being stuck there hehe

ww2 is now ww2_a1! and has been updated! Jodas has posted as updated but i will here and the main post.

Changes:

-Fixed Radar

-Closed off B 

11 hours ago, Mr.Thaco-Olmon said:

This was intentional to discourage camping outside, I made it so you couldn't drop down them to lower rush times for CT's wanting to go outside from the top.

I agree that it looks a little out of place visually, what if instead there were rectangular slots in the vertical wall to look outside with? The angle would feel less awkward to fight as well.

Edited by Xiplitz

Jodas updated his  map once again! Good job on the quick updates!

Updated do de_ww2_a2

-Roofs blocked for 25 seconds (every round not just the first round, my fail)

-Added bomb damage to a builduing on A ( from the bombers) Effects in your settings must be at high to see the fire.

-Added a 4th ladder for non flying races

-Removed 2 balcony's

-Detailed an area at A more to fix pixelwalking

-Detailed 2 buildings on the route to B 

-Fixed a Prop not showing up

-Fixed a stuck spot (after the same person jumped in there every round lol)

-Blocked off the graveyard

-Made a few props not solid to fix Pixel walks

-Added a light to B

-Changed the color of some props

On 7/16/2017 at 0:08 AM, Xiplitz said:

I agree that it looks a little out of place visually, what if instead there were rectangular slots in the vertical wall to look outside with? The angle would feel less awkward to fight as well.

Will look into doing that, test out some different options until I find something I like, on that note

de_insulamcastrum_v1-1 should be up by the end of the day

-Shifted T spawns to be in three different locations, each on separate sides of the maps to discourage CT's from going outside

-Added a secondary spawn for CT's in the Front Entrance to allow for faster times to Bombsite A for them and to make rushing to Bombsite A and planting more difficult

-Added 2 "Under construction" towers to the outside providing more cover to T's who are approaching the castle

-Added a entrance from Water to Bombsite A with a Ladder and a drop down from Front Entrance to Bombsite A to allow for more verticality and a harder time holding the Bombsite

-Added a entrance into the back of the Main Castle that is quite difficult to get into (Will fix in the next update)

-Added Projector in Classroom showing the most important information in the map

-Fixed getting stuck in barrels in Wine Room

-Fixed getting stuck between boxes on Bombsite A

I would post screenshots but I have no idea how to without using imgur which doesn't work for some reason, will edit them in at a later point if I can

Edited by Mr.Thaco-Olmon

Just played the newest version of de_ww2:

So a couple roofs are still accessible despite the timer.

I wasn't able to get the known one from T side, but one from CT side is the building in the little courtyard

TB16jRP.jpg

wwevPNY.jpg

It overlooks T spawn and I can get there if they try and get on the roofs too early via ladder.

I don't know if this roof is protected by the timer or not, but even so you can get back here

zV57n99.jpg

and see through some textures

and, of course, a none issue missing texture

qvm7y79.jpg

3 hours ago, LunaBadger said:

Just played the newest version of de_ww2:

So a couple roofs are still accessible despite the timer.

I wasn't able to get the known one from T side, but one from CT side is the building in the little courtyard

TB16jRP.jpg

wwevPNY.jpg

It overlooks T spawn and I can get there if they try and get on the roofs too early via ladder.

I don't know if this roof is protected by the timer or not, but even so you can get back here

zV57n99.jpg

and see through some textures

and, of course, a none issue missing texture

qvm7y79.jpg

I am going to fix that once I am home. I am leaving for a test today, I´ll be back by tomorrow in the evening.

Jodas updated his map again to de_ww2_a3  !!!

Changes

raised the skybox

changed the roofblock to 20 secs

added a roof to the block

fixed a see through texture

@KiD Fearless

Hopped on and saw cs_jailbreak, this is all my personal opinion, but if you want the map to succeed I think it needs changes - anyone can feel free to disagree with me openly on this...

• CT spawn entrance to the yard (the fence) should not directly face an entrance to the building. I know they can go around to the rubble wall or w/e, but that's substantially slower... I just feel in general that fence makes the map play slower than it needs to
  • Need shit in the yards. Trucks, sheds, containers, something. I know it's a jail yard but most jail yards aren't void of life entirely. It's very difficult or impossible for Ts to leave the building if they wanted to get cheeky, flank, etc.
  • Along with the problem mentioned in the above point, needs an entrance and/or windows on the roof (see: cs_assault) to give more entry points for CTs
  • Needs stuff on the roof to offer some protection if you tried to exit on the roof. Maybe just a couple AC units and a utility building or something (see: cs_crackhouse)
  • I think it could use an underground entrance. Maybe create a tunnel from one of the cells to outside the jail yard wall as if a prisoner was trying to escape. Maybe even connect it between a few cells (they were working together!). See cs_militia
  • I feel like after opening up more angles for CTs, Ts might need more protection. Maybe put some long tables flipped on their side facing the front, lower-level door for example.

Right now it plays a little too much of the "Ts have no reason to leave, CTs are limited on their ability to enter"

Update for de_insulamcastrum_v1-2

-Slightly shifted the T spawn on the North side of the map close to the main castle

-Shifted the two broken down pillars on the outside more inwards and rotated them to provide better cover

-Added a Gate to the top entrance which opens at 1:50 with a sound cue for opening and closing

-Sealed up the back entrance in the flooded basement

-Removed CT spawns on the first floor and changed priority of spawns to spawn closer to the stairs

-Shifted the Ladder in the Tunnel leading to the Flooded basement to allow easier climbing

Edit* I realized that there is a issue regarding the box with "Trigger" all over it and it will be fixed in the next update.

Edited by Mr.Thaco-Olmon

Updated to de_insulamcastrum_v1-3

-Fixed one of the T spawns being a big trigger box (oops)

-Fixed the noise for the Roof gate opening to not be global (oops)

-Attempted to fix some of the bot pathing so they don't get stuck on the: T boats, Stairs, Bombsite B, Anywhere in the water. 

-Also tried to stop the bots from drowning themselves by putting themselves underneath the boat and then jumping (Thanks AI)

Edited by Mr.Thaco-Olmon

Update to de_insulamcastrum_v1-4

-Reopened the back entrance into Flooded Basement
-Shifted CT spawns down 1 Floor into the Classroom to provide a better learning center for all our new buddling CTs
-Made the Island smaller, bringing in the sand on the Entrance side of the Castle
-Shifted T spawns slightly to allow for better times into the Castle
-Rotated the broken pillars again to make them more effective as cover
-Added more wine boxes to Wine Room because someone has to drink more
-Added more bookshelves to Classroom

Edited by Mr.Thaco-Olmon