Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mr. Coconut :3

Ashes of Creation

NO PAY TO WIN, but it will be pay to play $15 subscription. NO BOX COST

This looks like a hype new MMO RPG, idk if yall have seen it around youtube or reddit or anything but I am definitely gonna play it, they got a kickstarter going and they have been developing the game for about 14 months so far fixing the world and their coding before really creating anything else, but they have a plan and it seems really interesting. I'll post some YT links below.

Their Kickstarter campaign

Their main aspect about the game that is unique and very interesting.

Theyre doing weekly Q&A's about their game on M W F at 3 PM PST where they are answering questions and their YT channel has some Q&As on there already. 

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ 

^link without refer for yall cunts.

and ima post my refer link cus haha 

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/iLician/

TL:DR if you don't wana watch the videos.

The game developers are all old MMO RPG players and the developers have worked on countless old MMOs like everquest and starwars galaxy and planetside. Their game will be about creating something as a playerbase your gonna have multiple zones and within each zone there is gonna be a node, each node starts at level 0 where its nothing there and you level the node by just gaining experience in the zone, be it fishing or mining or killing etc. but the way the node levels up the node might spawn at a lake or a mountain or something and that will cause events based on its location. When it levels up to 1 there are going to be NPCs and some roads but as it levels up further it will become like an encampment into a small village at level 3 into a city and then into a metropolis where it specializes in military/divine/science/economy which give its own benefits. there can only be 3 metropolis in 1 server.

there are 4 races each with 2 sub races, there are 8 classes that you pick from rogue, tank, fighter, mage, cleric, summoner, bard, ranger. you pick that at the beginning then later you pick a subclass which can be any of the 8 again like rogue/rogue tank/tank tank/rogue tank/mage etc. and the subclass will augment your main classes spells. 

There will be sieges and housing and all that, you can siege a metropolis and completely destroy it and make your own metropolis aswell in a different zone. 

I might've missed a few things and hell thats not really a TLDR but its shorter than the videos. It looks really good however its still not in pre alpha but the first alpha begins sometime at the end of this year and its for friends/family of devs. They plan on fully releasing the game before 2020, so its gonna have around 3 years+ of development. oh and NO PAY TO WIN

Another update, the game will have 4 basic classes playable only 1 archetype, so no combinations at PAX Prime if any of you all are going to PAX this year in September the playable classes will be Tank, Cleric, Mage, and Ranger. There will be two "settings" to be played one PvE, you will get to spend time playing and leveling and experiencing the node system and go through a dungeon. There is also a I think they said 5v5 PvP game as well.

They also brought up a cool mechanic that they are working on right now that will shine for people who actually play their class well and correctly and it's based off of keystrokes. You will have a minimal window when doing attacks to use another ability and you will gain a charge to use your ultimate which vary for each class.

What is at pax might change based on your archetypes as well so I am looking forward to the sick ass augmentations to abilities especially on the ultimates.

They explained some of the skills that will be available at PAX Prime as well for the classes:

Tank will have a lasso(a pull) that grants some agro and is probably one of their basic taunts, a shield wall where they slam a shield and any enemy can not move past it and i THINK it blocks some damage going through and deals damage to anyone who runs into it and knocks them prone, so you can shield wall then lasso someone and do a chain cc that way, and some other stuff I can't remember from the stream that they explained it. and 1 utility spell that can be just used to see stuff think of it as a perception check from DnD or something. Their ultimate is a heroic leap onto a targeted area that then pulls all enemies around you right next to you dealing some damage and taunting.

Cleric will be mostly based off of the DnD cleric as in they can do damage and heal, they have a heal that then does a heal over time on the target while also dealing damage to enemies around that target over time as well. Then a chain heal that also does damage to enemies around the people getting healed and the damage goes UP every bounce on the chain heal, they also have a party heal that is based on the average heal of all ur allies, say you have a backline with full HP and your tank is at like 10%, you pop that cooldown and everyone's health then balances out to the same percentage, they also have a buff i cant remember. Their utility would be to remove curses from the lands that would make stuff impassable or make shit harder. Their ultimate would make you turn into a divine form that then heals all allies around you and buffs them i think and deals damage to enemies

Mage has some spells from DnD, fireball that you shoot out at people that does damage in an aoe around it, it also can light shit on fire and that chance is increased if the weather around is dry which is SICK, a lightning bolt that deals damage in a straight line, a targeted frozen root, a blink,  and mirage image that will increase evasion based on a certain number of attacks, their utility would be detect magic, they can see any illusions around that might be a false wall. and their ultimate is a devastating earth quake in front of them that deals a lot of damage.

Ranger has but they have a charged up power shot where you can release whenever and damage is based on the charge, and they can "prep" arrows that they toss into the ground and as long as they are next to the arrow that he tossed into the ground he uses those arrows and deal 2x damage when attacking, an a snare shot, and a marked shot that will increase ALL damage to that enemy, they also have a dash ability where you jump away and then you take a shot instantly at a target near from your jump, their utility is being able to track people/animals or whatever, they see footprints and what not. Their ultimate is a rain of arrows/volley of arrows on atargeted area that does a lot of damage.

The PvE and PvP settings you can choose will have the classes available but you can't change these things in the pax game version because its abasic reveal. However I hope yall are going to pax and can play this and see if its cool

TL:DR Ashes of creation will be at PAX Prime in September, you will be able to play 4 of the 8 MAIN classes and they will be some of the basic abilities with no augmentations, Mage, Tank, Cleric, Rogue. Some of the skills are up above.