Sign in to follow this  
LunaBadger

Display MyInfo Constantly?

Display MyInfo Constantly?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Cool Idea?

• Yes
    • No

So no one was on so I went and hopped on a CS:S War3 server, and I noticed something neat:

B7516822110B5B57C93E7411FC00493DD16BB2B1

They display a lot of 'myinfo' information on the right side there, just constantly.

I was wondering if that would be possible to do in GO, and if so, are the engineers willing to make it happen? Would people like that kind of display?

I think it would be a neat addition. What do you all think?

Just now, LunaBadger said:

So no one was on so I went and hopped on a CS:S War3 server, and I noticed something neat:

They display a lot of 'myinfo' information on the right side there, just constantly.

I was wondering if that would be possible to do in GO, and if so, are the engineers willing to make it happen? Would people like that kind of display?

My first thought would be to ask @bulletford to see if he could possibly modify his overlay for TTT to do something along these lines, but he's probably super busy right now fixing TTT:GO so who knows.

Just now, LunaBadger said:

+1

The cost vs impact may be low though.

This actually just became doable this week, volvo fixed a bug which caused hudmessages to not display on csgo. TTTGO and ZE are already using the feature

EDIT: also, on widescreen resolutions there is a bug causing anything on the right side of the screen will not display correctly, so this needs to be in the bottom middle/top middle or left side of the screen... not really the best places for this amount of info

EDIT2: the text is also nearly twice the size as shown in the screenshot above and can't be changed(another bug)

TTTGO example here:

62b4e45f62.jpg

Edited by bulletford

So a few too many kinks to make it pretty or useful right now.

Do you have an example of what it looks like being displayed at the right?

31 minutes ago, LunaBadger said:

So a few too many kinks to make it pretty or useful right now.

Do you have an example of what it looks like being displayed at the right?

On a widescreen resolution it either gets cut off or doesn't get displayed at all.

It's still usable, though with fewer lines because the text is pretty large. If I were doing I'd probably do race name, level, XP, total levels, and items. And then obviously allow players to toggle it on/off and maybe choose from a few positions to put it.