Sign in to follow this  
Felicity

EVE Online

Since there's a topic on it here and I know some of you play, I figured I'd post some video footage (YouTube versions for easy access) to let the rest of you know what it's about.

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=V57wC4Cf9uo] This is the latest trailer for EVE[/ame], showcasing the new expansion. I'm fairly sure that what you see in it isn't pre-rendered footage, either. EVE actually looks like that (push F10 in game to hide all windows).

[ame=http://youtube.com/watch?v=4NDBbt2yBII] This is a propaganda video[/ame] made by the now-destroyed Mercenary Coalition. The first two minutes are slow, but around 2:10 the combat footage starts, showing you what 0.0 fleet warfare looks like. It's player-made so it's all actual game footage.

Anarchy, as far as I know, the only way you can play EVE Online without the fees is if you find a working private server, but they are hard to come across considering that advertisements for them usually lead to viruses and/or trojans.

I currently play the Private Server 'Eve Online Empires' it's great. Not so massive battles, but it is still fun, to round up some buddies and go do some raids. Me, and 4 others have successfully destroyed a fleet of 1 Aeon, 2 Vengeance, and 5 prophecy. We had 3 Deimos, and I was flying a Kronos. It was totally badass.

Now that I look at the site, I see that they removed all of their links. I will see if I can find the files for the Emulator, and server list.

It seems they removed the link. I will see if I can find an Emulator floating around, and then a way to access the server. We may end up playing different servers, but at least you will stop paying. :D

Edit - Here is a website, I am checking it out now. Looks like you can download the emulator here - http://evemu.sourceforge.net/wikka.php?wakka=HomePage

Edit 2 - Well, I have found that much. I am done looking. Follow the instructions on that site, and I guess you can start playing for free.

You know, Eve Empires is becoming less and less populated. TBH, Private Servers KILL EVE, because without many people, the game is dull. You can't PvE for the whole game. You need epic PvP that only EVE can offer. When I buy a new computer, I may try just paying for it.

But being a jobless, allowance/Oddjob-fed 14 year old, I can't sustain a lengthy P2P period.

I am joining the 21-free day trial.