Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reaper0470

Rust 1 Year Anniversary Event

Welcome All To sG Rusts 1st Anniversary Event!

March 23rd - March 29th

Everyone has done a great job keeping the server alive and seeing that it gets more and more populated over the past year.

Now a year after it's birth an interesting event is about to take place.

On March 23rd after the fresh full wipe there will be a SOLO building competition. No teams. 

YOU will build the best base possible farming for your materials as you would every wipe. Bases will be judged by 3 staff. Graded between 1-10 on artistic look, dependability, raid difficulty etc. The scores of each judge will be averaged together. 

NEW DEVELOPMENT!!!

Players can pool resources together to build a base for the competition. IE Four players build a main base for the regular wipe. For the competition each player makes a side base outside of the main base solely for the competition using whatever resources the group has farmed. 

IF MULTIPLE PEOPLE WORK ON THE SAME BASE ONLY ONE PERSON CAN CLAIM IT FOR THE COMPETITION!!!!

The event will have THREE different competitions!  One winner for each group!

3x3-6x6 Base build

Prizes: $20 Steam Card

7x7-9x9 Base Build

10x10-12x12 Base Build

If anyone would like to donate prizes to the prize pool plz PM @Reaper0470 

WHEN BUILDING YOUR BASE PUT A SIGN DOWN IN FRONT WITH YOUR FORUM NAME ON IT SO WE CAN EASILY IDENTIFY WHO'S WHO AT JUDGING TIME!!!

YOU WILL BE PENALIZED IF YOU GO OVER OR UNDER YOUR CHOSEN CATEGORIES BUILD SPACE!!!

Players will register on the forums for which one you wish to partake in. Please follow this link to register!

Judging will take place WHENEVER YOU ARE READY!!! PM @Reaper0470 that you are ready to be judged with a SS of the outside of your base and coordinates of the location. 

Restrictions to participate in the event. 

Not be banned during the duration of the event. 

Judges CANNOT participate obviously.

What happens if you're the unlucky one who gets offline raided before you've finished building your base?

How will you know that it was built solo and not helped by any other players?

Are no teams allowed in the wipe even if you're not participating? 

If we're doing specifically a base building comp, would it be easier to dedicate one day/weekend/wipe to base building by making the server PvE? 

13 hours ago, Travesty said:

What happens if you're the unlucky one who gets offline raided before you've finished building your base?

How will you know that it was built solo and not helped by any other players?

Are no teams allowed in the wipe even if you're not participating? 

If we're doing specifically a base building comp, would it be easier to dedicate one day/weekend/wipe to base building by making the server PvE? 

Because we don't believe making the server PVE would be a popular notion even just for the event, if you get raided you get raided. I did discuss the possibility of designating building space (IE a larger map and taking like 1/4 of it for the competition for regular players to stay away from) however atm it has been shot down due to other concerns. With the time left till the event starts we can still make slight changes.

It does seem impossible to know if other players helped. Atm we would like for everyone to abide by the rules put in pace for the competition. I will be speaking with Karma when I return from my business trip to Georgia about the event and member feedback/questions. All input is always welcome to make the event as enjoyable as possible for all involved. So expect slight changes in the coming weeks before the event. Follow this thread for updates. 

No teams even if you are not participating. This is basically a larger version of the one event when players had to make a painting. We are hoping to see some very interesting and creative builders both new and old. 

As like I said first, we don't believe anyone would like a PvE time which would also hinder people joining the server to play regularly. Because we are having everyone farm their materials those participating in the larger base builds will need more time. Coupled with the fact people want to raid this gives everyone plenty of time to build a base and notify judges of its completion in the event a raid does happen. I've personally built a 12x12 base solo in 2 days with the current gather rate. Seeing as it may be adjusted soon, giving everyone the week was logical. 

19 minutes ago, Reaper0470 said:

No teams even if you are not participating.

I'm glad you're open to changes and thanks for hearing out the questions. However won't this too prevent people/regulars from playing on the server if they can't work together? How can you prevent this from happening?

What I see happening:

• Players who aren't participating band together to simply grief the players who are participating in the event
  • Players participate by building a main base and work together to gather a lot of materials. They then, after getting enough mats, build their own solo base for the event
  • A new big campfire thread is started and people get mad at each other
  • The only ones that come out happy are the griefers (which I think I would rather be than to take the $20, personally)

Suggestion:

• Make two days of the week (preferably on the weekend) PVE for the base building competition
  • Announce in the server every day from now on that the base building competition will be on XXX(date) to let players/regulars know and to have them sign up
  • On event day, give players resources to build base but not be able to raid or attack others
  • May the best base design win
  • Drama is averted and people only get mad at the judges when they don't win and claim "favourtism" haha
  • Wipe once event is over and let players play regularly again for one and a half weeks

This is the only way I see this working out without too much drama. I think condensing the event, and allowing players to get creative in their builds without worry of defending, will make the most exciting base designs we will see. It might also allow more participation since everyone will either be forced to make a base by themselves or not play at all, which I would think people would take the time to build a dope ass base to potentially win $20.

18 hours ago, Reaper0470 said:

On March 23rd after the fresh full wipe there will be a SOLO building competition. No teams.

Could we clarify this?

-Does this mean I can still chill & roam with my friends and live in our base but when I take our mats out to build my entry for the event, I have to build it by myself without any review from my friends? Do I also have to gather the mats all by myself or could I just take our combined gathered efforts?

-Or we simply disqualifying anyone who is caught sleeping in another's base/sharing their event base with others/roaming with friends?

3 hours ago, Reaper0470 said:

No teams even if you are not participating.

With this response, I'm leaning towards the 2nd posit above. Sounds backwards to the gameplay of Rust or any game imo: are we going to punish (ban?) people for playing with friends? What about pairs who happen to join our server for the first time during the event?

If this was simply a creativity event, I don't see anything wrong with the first posit above: you'd have a base with your friends already and you just create another nearby as an entry for the event. Whether you decide to use it or not is irrelevant. That's similar to paintings, no?

If we really wanted, we could take the ol' church route and set up a plot of protection around a big island. Wall it off and have the only point of entry be a /teleportevent command. Have a bunch of toolcupboards spaced out evenly, people can claim them and anyone who owns more than 1 is autodisqualified. (xd re-read the post above and apparently Reaper's idea similar to this was shot down)

If the whole idea was to make an event where everyone is solo for the wipe, it would've been easier to just state that: "For this event based on solo play, noone is allowed to team up with others (i.e. no shooting players 2v1, sharing resources/homes/intel in chat, raiding a base together, roaming together, or playing rust together xd, etc for the entire wipe). Survive by yourself and build a base -- that's your event entry."

I probably am just dumb (=[) but I didn't get any of the above from "no teams in this solo building competition".

3 hours ago, Reaper0470 said:

IF ANYONE USES THIS PAGE TO GRIEF/RAID/DESTROY ONES BUILD FOR THIS COMPETITION YOU WILL BE SEVERELY PUNISHED INCLUDING A POSSIBLE ONE WEEK BAN!!!! DON'T BE THAT GUY!!!

Is there an auto-hide option for new posts in a thread? That could be an answer to this dilemma.

Make the last two days of the wipe the days for the competition. That's when server pop is done and will prevent people from griefing and stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

On 3/2/2017 at 1:18 PM, Rootbeer said:

Could we clarify this?

-Does this mean I can still chill & roam with my friends and live in our base but when I take our mats out to build my entry for the event, I have to build it by myself without any review from my friends? Do I also have to gather the mats all by myself or could I just take our combined gathered efforts?

-Or we simply disqualifying anyone who is caught sleeping in another's base/sharing their event base with others/roaming with friends?

With this response, I'm leaning towards the 2nd posit above. Sounds backwards to the gameplay of Rust or any game imo: are we going to punish (ban?) people for playing with friends? What about pairs who happen to join our server for the first time during the event?

If this was simply a creativity event, I don't see anything wrong with the first posit above: you'd have a base with your friends already and you just create another nearby as an entry for the event. Whether you decide to use it or not is irrelevant. That's similar to paintings, no?

If we really wanted, we could take the ol' church route and set up a plot of protection around a big island. Wall it off and have the only point of entry be a /teleportevent command. Have a bunch of toolcupboards spaced out evenly, people can claim them and anyone who owns more than 1 is autodisqualified. (xd re-read the post above and apparently Reaper's idea similar to this was shot down)

If the whole idea was to make an event where everyone is solo for the wipe, it would've been easier to just state that: "For this event based on solo play, noone is allowed to team up with others (i.e. no shooting players 2v1, sharing resources/homes/intel in chat, raiding a base together, roaming together, or playing rust together xd, etc for the entire wipe). Survive by yourself and build a base -- that's your event entry."

I probably am just dumb (=[) but I didn't get any of the above from "no teams in this solo building competition".

Is there an auto-hide option for new posts in a thread? That could be an answer to this dilemma.

We are not hindering people from playing with friends. The competition is a solo base. That doesn't mean you can't go base with your friends somewhere else and play the game normally. The idea is to build the base yourself with mats you farm for alone (no help). If we had enough prizes I honestly wouldn't mind doing a team based build however as it stands that is currently not possible this time. Because of the timing of the event I can't gather the amount of prizes required for 3 categories with teams of 4. Expect that to be a possibility in the future should we try to repeat the event. 

This has never and never will be the idea. Only your base being built for the competition is solo. You can still go base with friends elsewhere and play the game. 

Great questions/suggestions. Obviously with the difficulty surrounding the event we expect all participants to abide by the rules given.